Daybreak 2012-08-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Mark N

Daybreak 2012-08-28

Post by Mark N »

It looks like this may be two weeks ago (story time) or more accurately the day after she had her "relapse" into feral mode.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Atomic

Re: Daybreak 2012-08-28

Post by Atomic »

The party's over.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

The next few days, while she realizes what happened, are going to be painful.

How did she keep from getting blood on her glasses?
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Mark N wrote:It looks like this may be two weeks ago (story time) or more accurately the day after she had her "relapse" into feral mode.
Unless, like an alcoholic binge, she's been scarfing APO's for two weeks. Maybe why the Library put up those stone walls, keep the books clean...
davids4250 wrote:How did she keep from getting blood on her glasses?
She wiped them on her blouse... ;)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Her glasses came off when she wasted the dude and flew away. Were not in the blood splatter zone. If this were a movie it would be werewolf returns to human. She's coming down and coming down hard.

If this wasn't from two weeks ago I would hate the job of getting that out of her fur and feathers. She'll be licking herself for the next year. For those with a dirty minds a deposit to the pun jar IS required!
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Looks like the morning after in the library. What I'm wondering is whether Phix coming down off what to seemed to be a predatory high will leave her remorseful, or if she'll say,

"Ah, to hell with it," And slip back into her old ways.

Right now, I think it could go either way.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Adding "I can't find my glasses!" on top of everything else is the final straw.

(Speaking from experience.)
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

*blink* *blink*

I think a "Matrix" quote is appropriate here..."Fasten your seat belt, Dorothy, because Kansas is going bye-bye."
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Phix is standing in for Ray Milland in "The Lost Weekend".
-OR-
Phix is thinking: " I can't believe I ate the WHOOOOLE Thing!!! " :lol:
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Ah, she's awake. Now to see what she does next.

1. Get cleaned up and carry on as if nothing happened?
2. Show remorse, be understanding that Monica's now pants-wetting terrified of her, and try to repair her relationships with Shelly and M?
3. Go off the deep end, decide she's no better than an animal, unfit for civilized company, start listening to emo music, etc., until somebody (most likely candidate Monica) does something extraordinary that proves to her otherwise?
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Dave11 wrote:*blink* *blink*
I think a "Matrix" quote is appropriate here..."Fasten your seat belt, Dorothy, because Kansas is going bye-bye."
If it was in the first Matrix film, i didn't notice they'd basically stolen Bette Davis's line* from All About Eve.

If it was in the others, i couldn't have known, because i couldn't be bothered to exert the effort to watch them.

====================

* "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!"
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

TheDOCTOR wrote: Phix is thinking: " I can't believe I ate the WHOOOOLE Thing!!! " :lol:
Ha-Haa! Nice callback... :lol:
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Fairportfan wrote:
Dave11 wrote:*blink* *blink*
If it was in the first Matrix film, i didn't notice they'd basically stolen Bette Davis's line* from All About Eve.

If it was in the others, i couldn't have known, because i couldn't be bothered to exert the effort to watch them.

====================

* "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!"
Do like I do, turn the sound off and watch the pretty pictures while you work on something else...
Julie

Post by Julie »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Phix is thinking: " I can't believe I ate the WHOOOOLE Thing!!! " :lol:
LOL! :) Favorite caption!

I'm inclined to think that this is going to be a rough re-entry for her. At some point she may ask Nudge (or whoever she next sees) what she missed, and she won't like the answer.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
The Old Wolf

Post by The Old Wolf »

This is going to be rough going for a while. Clean for thousands of years, and now waking up after a descent into animal rage... I think recovery will take more than one or two trips to "Sphinxes Anonymous." The shame and guilt and horror that Paul drew into Phix is painful to see. Wonderful job.
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game
Dave

Post by Dave »

Aleister Crow wrote:Ah, she's awake. Now to see what she does next.

1. Get cleaned up and carry on as if nothing happened?
2. Show remorse, be understanding that Monica's now pants-wetting terrified of her, and try to repair her relationships with Shelly and M?
3. Go off the deep end, decide she's no better than an animal, unfit for civilized company, start listening to emo music, etc., until somebody (most likely candidate Monica) does something extraordinary that proves to her otherwise?
4. Remain as a feral beast, with her civilized-librarian persona completely submerged.

Notice that her eyes are still white? I'm not sure she's "come down" yet. She could be "stuck in werewolf mode"... hope not!

As to whether this is "the next day" or "two weeks later" - do we know for certain that the time-flow in the Library, and that of the "normal world", are matched 1:1? Actually we know that they are not (the Library was not subject to the CM) and so it might be possible that two weeks have gone by in Minneapolis and only a day or two have passed in the Library.
sheik

Post by sheik »

I suppose the reason Phix needs glasses is because, being a natural hunter, she's far-sighted. Reading might be difficult otherwise.
Tough as she is, all she really needs is one of those big industrial clothes washing machines and a box of Oxy Clean (tm) and climb right in.
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

Dave wrote:As to whether this is "the next day" or "two weeks later" - do we know for certain that the time-flow in the Library, and that of the "normal world", are matched 1:1? Actually we know that they are not (the Library was not subject to the CM) and so it might be possible that two weeks have gone by in Minneapolis and only a day or two have passed in the Library.
In the past, it's felt like time flows slower in the library - a character will go in in the morning, spend several hours to a half-day, and come out before lunch. Of course, time is farily tangled up in the Wapsiverse.
Last edited by Dave11 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

I wonder how this pair of Phix's glasses stays on her head. There appear to be no arms to rest over her ears or another feature like most glasses. I doubt she would use anything like sock-glue so close to the face. Did the arms just break loose during the feeding frenzy? Or is Phix such an expert monocle wearer, she can rock two at the same time?

On an unrelated note, now that Phix is coming down from her high, I foresee Nudge teasing her about the mess.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

sonicthunder wrote:I wonder how this pair of Phix's glasses stays on her head. There appear to be no arms to rest over her ears or another feature like most glasses. I doubt she would use anything like sock-glue so close to the face. Did the arms just break loose during the feeding frenzy? Or is Phix such an expert monocle wearer, she can rock two at the same time?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pince-nez
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.