Your Attention 2015-09-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Cheesy1

Your Attention 2015-09-04

Post by Cheesy1 »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/your-attention/

Yep, I think you definitely have Jordan's now!
Opus the Poet

Re: Your Attention 2015-09-04

Post by Opus the Poet »

Winnah! by a eyelash!
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Crack!

Good thing this is in black and white; there'd be a brown stain on Jordan's legs in that last panel.

(Grumble grumble CHEESY!!!)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I can't help but imagine not-Devyn moving like a character in a Tool music video.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Someone has an eye for the classics! I do believe that's a vintage Shambler counter-rotating neck joint, with dual oversized eyesockets and the custom mottle-plating job.

Those don't show up on eBay more than once a year or so, and you'll pay through the nose if you can find one at all.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Imagine this though. Both girls are still in the hallway where Devyn left them. Question is... Are they exhibiting any of the fearful facial expressions or movements, or are they still standing in a zombie like state? Would their pants pissing fear actually happen to them in the real world? Imagine the ridicule they'd face.. proving that Devyn is Just as big a bully than they are if she wanted to be. But then, that's likely the life lesson the girls are receiving at the moment.

Atsali... if you find out Devyn is doing this, please take her aide and teach her how to be the better person and not react badly. Then take the two bullies aside and impress upon them that their bullying won't be tolerated.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

DilyV wrote:Imagine this though. Both girls are still in the hallway where Devyn left them. Question is... Are they exhibiting any of the fearful facial expressions or movements, or are they still standing in a zombie like state? Would their pants pissing fear actually happen to them in the real world? Imagine the ridicule they'd face.. proving that Devyn is Just as big a bully than they are if she wanted to be. But then, that's likely the life lesson the girls are receiving at the moment.

Atsali... if you find out Devyn is doing this, please take her aide and teach her how to be the better person and not react badly. Then take the two bullies aside and impress upon them that their bullying won't be tolerated.
Ever had a really really bad day with depression, bullies, and anxiety? Thoat's a bad mix. Especially if you've been dealing with the latter three for some time. The really bad day can trigger an outlashing/outpouring of emotions. That's pretty much what happened with Devynn.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Deyvn had been protecting them. They pushed too far.

... Karma's a bitch...

I am quite civil towards others only because it makes life easier... do NOT mistake that for pacifism.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

As a person with arthritis, I can feel for Not-Dev, sitting in a cold, gloomy, probably damp location can really stiffen the joints something awful.
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Forgive me a moment while I crap out my own heart.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

This reminds me of a real life story. There is a small zoo near where i live. He has the usual monkeys bears lions tigers and petting stuff. His prize attraction though is a liger, this thing is huge and awe inspiring. After taking my grandsons to tour the zoo i stopped at a friends house to see about an upcoming coon hunt. In typical redneck style he had a yard full of dogs all of which were barking and yapping in excitement which got the neighbors dogs going as well. That liger roared just once but it could be heard for miles, as the roar faded silence descended upon the land. The only way you could know anything lived was a whole lot of wide white eyes visible under the porch, under cars etc etc. Well i looks to me like Devyn just roared, combine that with her hall walk with Stali and all your gonna see is wide white eyes peaking around doors, out of lockers, etc etc.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
DilyV wrote:Imagine this though. Both girls are still in the hallway where Devyn left them. Question is... Are they exhibiting any of the fearful facial expressions or movements, or are they still standing in a zombie like state? Would their pants pissing fear actually happen to them in the real world? Imagine the ridicule they'd face.. proving that Devyn is Just as big a bully than they are if she wanted to be. But then, that's likely the life lesson the girls are receiving at the moment.

Ever had a really really bad day with depression, bullies, and anxiety? Thoat's a bad mix. Especially if you've been dealing with the latter three for some time. The really bad day can trigger an outlashing/outpouring of emotions. That's pretty much what happened with Devynn.
Yep, exactly. Devyn has the ability to externalize her emotions so that others can experience how they make her feel. I'm not sure I would feel entirely comfortable inflicting myself on others like that. My inners scare ME sometimes... I could only imagine how others would feel with my inner feelings piled on top of theirs.

The lesson here is not to bully others. You never know just what issues they have and are trying to deal with.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

shadowinthelight wrote:I can't help but imagine not-Devyn moving like a character in a Tool music video.
'the Ring'
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Gyrrakavian wrote:

The bullies made me anxious, the people supposed to protect and teach me too, so I got depressed...and very angry. That, combined with racist comments, and physical attacks from persons of authourity, ie. the principal, and all but three of the teachers, and you have my formative elementary years...
I hated school, hated teachers, hated the principal, hated social workers, hated the kids my own age, hated myself. Screaming night terrors were the norm for years. So were "therapies" the school system and social workers suggested to help...which didn't, because they themselves caused the issues.

Then my Mother had her naturalisation papers. She kicked butt and chewed gum...oops, she was all out of gum. All she did was shatter a few swiss cheese paddles, and make well thought out threats that didn't sound as such to the kids...or authourities.

When she dusted her hands and told me to "clean house", I showed them how not to be a bully, and I never threw a punch. I did, however, defend myself. I blocked and used their momentum against them. I got beat by the faculty for it, but never bullied the bullies.

I've mentioned this before in other posts on the subject...many, many times...prolly will more if the subject matter comes up again.

As a parent, I look for the signs in not just my own child, but in any children I see, and do my very best to help them, so they don't suffer.

Devyn needs friends...badly. She needs a support group that will let her know she's not alone. Nothing the bullies did to me was worse than my imagination. The anger I bottled up. The frustration and hopelessness of it all. The wall I built was miles high and metres thick, and kept me from friends as much as kept me safe. This is a terrifyingly good storyline so far.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

The only thing Devyn did, was to stop protecting them from seeing how their actions made her feel. Normally she has to concentrate on not showing that to other people.

(I am reminded of a time when a girlfriend/significant other of mine got into a fight with her stepmother. I had to physically restrain her to keep her from beating the stepmom with her purse. The verbal insults continued back and forth until the stepmom hurled one in my direction implying that the step daughter had created her own problems by dating beneath her status. . . somehow she wriggled out of my grasp and flailed away with the purse again. It took me some time before I was able to get her to stop.--but I digress)

Jordan is now face to face with just how Devyn feels when she is bullied, hence the title of today's strip. Your Attention, (do I have it?) Do a quick image search for that and you will get about 235 million hits, it is kind of popular--just sayin.

One of my Favorites
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivat ... 571352.jpg
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Something I should have pointed out earlier is nega-Devyn must have had a terrible pain in her neck until after the second panel. Did you see how much noise it made when she put her head back?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote:Something I should have pointed out earlier is nega-Devyn must have had a terrible pain in her neck until after the second panel.
I suspect that's entirely symbolic. Devyn has been feeling that she's up a crick, without a paddle (or a poodle, or a puddle).

Jordon may now be providing the puddle.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

I just now noticed that the level of detail in the background increased significantly . . .I wonder if that means anything? :?:
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I think it might.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Opus the Poet wrote:Something I should have pointed out earlier is nega-Devyn must have had a terrible pain in her neck until after the second panel. Did you see how much noise it made when she put her head back?
Deep down I know this is supposed to be a terrifying scene ... but I look at the 3rd panel and the only thing that comes to my mind is: Youtube link
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones