Walk With A Friend 2015-08-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
meisdadoo

Re: Walk With A Friend 2015-08-27

Post by meisdadoo »

If that was a flashback, then it was a good thing Atsali came along to snap Devyn out of it. She looked kinda dopey just standing there with the thousand yard stare.

If it wasn't a flash back, I hope Devyn leaving the area will allow the two nit wits to recover and repent their evil ways. Otherwise they will be standing there for a while with the thousand yard stare and someone (Devyn) will "have some splainin to do" http://www.quickmeme.com/img/3f/3fdeff0 ... 79e353.jpg
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Two bimbos of middle-teen age
drove Devyn to levels of rage
her darkness did spin
and sucked them both in
('tis best not to rattle her cage!)

They are both stuck there in no small a way
and left with no room they could crawl away
there expressions quite blank
with spirits that sank
as they stand comatose in the hall-a-way

the lesson here as I unwind it
is simple- and now let me grind it;
"Those looking for trouble
and proceed at the double
are always astonished to find it!"

Annie wants to talk to Mrs. Dave regarding tranque guns and darts...
I knew it! I knew it was coming! :P
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

It's clear that Sgt. Howard's preferred literary vehicle is... well, see for yourself.
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

Akeche wrote:Atsali is a good start but probably a legit para psychologist would be the best.
Paging Dr. Venkman!
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

DilyV wrote:Methinks those two are going to be late for their next class...
Or maybe they're just best described as "late" in general now.
jwhouk wrote:Closer inspection: the two of them are still "there" in the hallway in panel one. Devyn's looking at them with a blank look on her face.

Almost like, "I know what you're looking at right now, and I don't feel a bit sorry for you."
Well, in the previous strips Devyn was with the girls in her weird world and interacting with them, then suddenly disappeared. Maybe this is what it looked like from the outside: Devyn and the girls standing staring blankly, then Atsali distracts Devyn and pulls her out of her world.
Dave wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
Warrl wrote:At this point I think they are merely skirting insanity.
Wait until the hall monitor gives them a dressing-down for not being in class.
Truly an expantsive lesson in the price of being cruel. It socks to be them, there's nylon about it.
They may be sari about their actions now that their situation has shifted unpredictably. Doesn't seem to be much bustle left in them at the moment. Their sanity might have permanently slipped, even!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:They may be sari about their actions now that their situation has shifted unpredictably. Doesn't seem to be much bustle left in them at the moment. Their sanity might have permanently slipped, even!
They certainly were not acting in a particularly adult fashion... rather immature, really. It may have cost them their lives. I suppose this makes them late bloomers.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

wonder how faqst they would run if someone walked up and said boo
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Septuagenarian

Post by Septuagenarian »

The scariest part is Devyn seemed totally calm about the whole thing. Very much the sociopath. This is a very dangerous little girl. Maybe not Armageddon and Ragnarok aka Bud and Brandi dangerous, but not someone to piss off.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Catawampus wrote:Their sanity might have permanently slipped, even!
It's astounding
Time is fleeting
Madness takes its toll
But listen closely
Not for very much longer
I've got to keep control

With a bit of a mind flip
You're into the time slip
And nothing can ever be the same
You're spaced out on sensation
Like you're under sedation

Let's do the Time Warp again
Let's do the Time Warp again
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Julie wrote:Well damn! Not a flashback? Just hella terrifying? Damn!
Ya. What a disappointment. No girl guts splattered about. Not even a couple of exploding heads. :evil: *sigh*
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
Ya. What a disappointment. No girl guts splattered about. Not even a couple of exploding heads. :evil: *sigh*
Yet.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Julie wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:
Yet.
Slowly eases back from the nice ladies. Dayum talk about blood thirsty.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

oldmanmickey wrote:
Julie wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote: Ya. What a disappointment. No girl guts splattered about. Not even a couple of exploding heads. :evil: *sigh*
Yet.
They're not bloodthirsty, just fans of good gory special effects. Yeah that's it! They just want to see the girls get their comeuppance. That's how things are done in the para-world, right? Eviscerated sexy bodies and blood and death and ...... umm .................. easing away with you .....
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Septuagenarian wrote:The scariest part is Devyn seemed totally calm about the whole thing. Very much the sociopath.
I don't see that at all. Remember, this place is familiar territory to her. She knows that (figuratively) those creepy noises are insects, and the four glowing monster eyes up there are a pair of raccoons making sure *they* aren't being hunted, and yes there are bears in the forest but no sound of any nearby. In other words, no immediate danger. And she's responding appropriately to that lack of danger. Those other two girls are babes in these figurative woods...
Julie

Post by Julie »

oldmanmickey wrote:
Julie wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:Ya. What a disappointment. No girl guts splattered about. Not even a couple of exploding heads. :evil: *sigh*
Yet.
LOL! I'm not bloodthirsty. I'm just expecting things to end poorly. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Dave wrote:They certainly were not acting in a particularly adult fashion... rather immature, really. It may have cost them their lives. I suppose this makes them late bloomers.
Indeed, it is probably too early to have them frocked as adults. They may not be totally hopeless heels, though. Perhaps a bit of empathy and penitence will get them into better habits (assuming that being petty isn't biologically encoded in their jeans). Of corsets all depending on whether or not this place is just jerkin them around, or if its mysterious nature cloaks some more lethal intentions. Weave yet to see what fate looms for them in this warped world. Twill be an interesting yarn Mr. Taylor is spinning for us in any case, I'm sure.
Julie wrote:LOL! I'm not bloodthirsty. I'm just expecting things to end poorly. :P
And that's just what we'd expect to be said by some vampire trying to pretend to be a normal human!!!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:
Dave wrote:They certainly were not acting in a particularly adult fashion... rather immature, really. It may have cost them their lives. I suppose this makes them late bloomers.
Indeed, it is probably too early to have them frocked as adults. They may not be totally hopeless heels, though. Perhaps a bit of empathy and penitence will get them into better habits (assuming that being petty isn't biologically encoded in their jeans). Of corsets all depending on whether or not this place is just jerkin them around, or if its mysterious nature cloaks some more lethal intentions. Weave yet to see what fate looms for them in this warped world. Twill be an interesting yarn Mr. Taylor is spinning for us in any case, I'm sure.
If it weren't for the exceptionally high quality exhibited there, I'd be tempted to think you'd been buying puns in bulk at Costco. Paranomasia In A Drum, giant economy size. :lol:
illiad

Post by illiad »

Catawampus wrote: And that's just what we'd expect to be said by some vampire trying to pretend to be a normal human!!!
As the guy said..." Hey I am really a nice guy, I don't want to eat people.... " (bites into flesh) ... " But , problem is I am a slave to my type, being a hungry vampire..."

hey google found this definition!! loads more at its URL.. :)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

yeeeeah, the 'original' was a coupla pots and some china w/ a shiny glaze-