Walk With A Friend 2015-08-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Re: Walk With A Friend 2015-08-27

Post by DilyV »

Methinks those two are going to be late for their next class...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

DilyV wrote:Methinks those two are going to be late for their next class...
And the class after that, and the one after that...

Until someone finds them, near comatose, in the middle of the hallway.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

jwhouk wrote:(mumblemumbledammitcheesymumblemumble)

Uhm.

Are... are they... kilt?
At this point I think they are merely skirting insanity.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

jwhouk wrote:Until someone finds them, near comatose, in the middle of the hallway.
Better than catatonic in a closet.

Warrl wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Are... are they... kilt?
Wait until the hall monitor gives them a dressing-down for not being in class.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

No, those are the standard-length Gryphon High uniform skirts.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

MerchManDan wrote:
Warrl wrote:
Truly an expantsive lesson in the price of being cruel. It socks to be them, there's nylon about it.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

So the slack jawed jerks are just standing there appearing to be staring at the wall. Should bring down their social standing a bit. Not good for them. Especially if they go about babbling for a while.

OTOH, as far as these sharp tongued twosomes are concerned, Best creepy Virtual Reality game EVER!!
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I'm not sure if i like Devyn as much as i was starting to any more.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Hanineal

Post by Hanineal »

The more I see of Devyn, the better I like her!

If they survive, those two will have hopefully learned not to judge by appearance. You are likely to poke something than is better left alone.

On the other hand, befriending someone like that definitely gains you a powerful ally.
What happens in the lab needs to stay in the lab... because it's such a bloody drag to have to rebuild civilization all over again.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

KnightDelight wrote:So the slack jawed jerks are just standing there appearing to be staring at the wall. Should bring down their social standing a bit. Not good for them. Especially if they go about babbling for a while.
i hope that those two girls on the right side of panel one ARE the ones that Devyn is messing with, but the hair on the left girl in panel one is much longer than any other pic of her we've seen so far, as well as the fact that the perspective shift from Devyn being on the LEFT side of the hallway getting stuff out of her locker, and now suddenly she's on the RIGHT side with a book in her hands much closer to the RIGHT side of the hall... but when Atsali shows up, she's back over by the lockers again even though the the way she's turning her head is correct for her still being over by the lockers though...
OTOH, as far as these sharp tongued twosomes are concerned, Best creepy Virtual Reality game EVER!!
like Tsillah, when she met up with Pratt and McBride out on the street, right? at least, we HOPE that it's a VR game and not like Monica and the Tar, where she's about to squish those two goobers for getting bullied and finally snapping.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Dave wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
Warrl wrote: At this point I think they are merely skirting insanity.
Truly an expantsive lesson in the price of being cruel. It socks to be them, there's nylon about it.
Paper skin and bones of wax.
Black blood within, sinew of flax.
The the burden burns,
Now that they know.
Welcome to the horror show!

Also, you guys all owe the pun jar a plaid skirt, a tartan, and a pair of stalking.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Scantrontb, I think today's perspective is a 180 degree turn from Monday.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Julie

Post by Julie »

Well damn! Not a flashback? Just hella terrifying? Damn!
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
eee

Post by eee »

That Atsali called Devyn a friend should make her whole day. That Devyn is seen walking and chatting with the Queen Bee may raise her social caste considerably.
Opus the Poet wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:
jwhouk wrote:(mumblemumbledammitcheesymumblemumble)

Uhm.

Are... are they... kilt?
No... they are "TILT"!
I dunno, that skin coloration does not inspire confidence (they need a bard to sing the "inspire courage" song)
These two might be the same non-human species, and under stress they're reverting to their original coloring. Their lower fangs are certainly more pronounced. On the other hand, Devynworld might be infecting them...

I'm not sure the two figures on the right in the first panel are Devyn's tormentors. The girl with long hair, her hair comes down to mid shoulder; the girl in the hall's hair is almost to her waist.

It would appear a bit of time has passed or something happened. Short haired girl's collar was previously flat and her tie fairly snugged up; now it's loose and the collar disarrayed. I wonder what they are staring at that seems so devastating.
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
No, those are the standard-length Gryphon High uniform skirts.
...There's gotta be a jar around here somewhere for that kind of thing...

I'd personally like to know if Devyn disappeared and left them in that awful place deliberately or because Atsali broke her connection when she called for her.
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

jwhouk wrote:Closer inspection: the two of them are still "there" in the hallway in panel one. Devyn's looking at them with a blank look on her face.

Almost like, "I know what you're looking at right now, and I don't feel a bit sorry for you."
Good catch. I was thinking there was still a chance it was a flashback/flashforward combo.

The one girl had been showing signs of "para-teeth" the whole time, but both are showing decided amounts of long fanged teeth now. I hope this is just what their normal is, and not a result of what Devyn has done. She is descended from Greek stock though, major curses for slights against them was not uncommon.

If they are still trapped in a world of how people's actions toward her affect her, perhaps Atsali wanting to walk with her will have a sudden strong positive effect on that world. I get the feeling Devyn doesn't feel things in half-measures.
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I'm not sure if i like Devyn as much as i was starting to any more.
Gotta agree here, to be honest at this point I'm infinitely more concerned about the two of them than Devyn. It reminds me far too much of my own self around that age, being targeted and picked on for silly reasons which in my case was being a 'big kid'. I too made the big mistake of bottling it in and not talking about it, and damn near threw someone across the hallway because of it. Devyn needs helps, Atsali is a good start but probably a legit para psychologist would be the best.

I still resented the other kids for bugging on me back then, but I also quickly realized I couldn't just lash out in anger or I'd hurt them. So yeah, I hope next page will at least show the two of them recovering from whatever she's done, rather than focus entirely on her and Atsali being buddy-buddy.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Line forms to the right, akeche...
Dave

Post by Dave »

I just realized you may be correct. Every known Otherworld has a location, and appropriate theme music.

Devyn's dark place may be Scottish... and these two are staring helplessly at an eldrich bagpiper in full blaring drone.

That would account for their expressions of horror, and the cry for help from another spectator.

Their mottled complexion suggests that they're downwind from the local haggis factory.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Two bimbos of middle-teen age
drove Devyn to levels of rage
her darkness did spin
and sucked them both in
('tis best not to rattle her cage!)

They are both stuck there in no small a way
and left with no room they could crawl away
there expressions quite blank
with spirits that sank
as they stand comatose in the hall-a-way

the lesson here as I unwind it
is simple- and now let me grind it;
"Those looking for trouble
and proceed at the double
are always astonished to find it!"

Annie wants to talk to Mrs. Dave regarding tranque guns and darts...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.