Make Me Feel 2015-08-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Make Me Feel 2015-08-25

Post by jwhouk »

Make Me Feel

Ooooh. Creeeeepy.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Atomic

Re: Make Me Feel 2015-08-25

Post by Atomic »

Ah -- projectile empathy! More dangerous than it sounds....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Thor

Post by Thor »

So . . . illusion?

Everyone else sees Devyn just standing there and talking normally while the other two look like they are flipping out over nothing?
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Yep creepy. Especially the effect of putting the chainlink fence in the midground. I think we have seen the black goo leaking from the eyesockets before though.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

So... is it just creepy illusion? Just an image projection of what Devyn is feeling?

Or, is there actually such a place, in one of the other dimensions, to which Devyn "breaks through" if she doesn't resist the pull of darkness and despair? Is she a living gateway to Places You Would Rather Not Be?

Either way, this is not going to be a fun ride for her tormentors.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I think its a toss up at this point...

Devyn pulls back in her despair and depression, leaving her antagonists with a new appreciation of the phrase, "If you don't understand it, don't poke it with a stick..." The two antagonists keep things on the down low and away from the school staff, but still spread the word not to mess with Devyn.

or

Devyn reigns in her despair and depression, leaving the two screaming and crying, running down the halls looking for the first teacher they can find to blab to in which case Devyn might be in a little trouble. At least until she tells the staff the two were bullying her... thought I'm not so sure that Devyn would do that... Heck, the paranormal teachers would probably be able to pick out what happened anyway.

It appears that she is capable of this normally and expends herculean effort not to project this 24/7... The question is... What has this poor young lady seen that has bestowed such a curse on her? Is this a natural trait of a Helead? (Correct me if I'm wrong about her heritage)
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Devyn: "Why do you ask? Are you going to cry?"

Girls: We weren't planning on it but you convinced us to go ahead and... wwwwWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
tombone

Post by tombone »

After seeing today's strip, I'm really starting to think that the little interlude of Acacia and Jin discussing the rescue trip in the demon realm isn't a mere coincidence.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Welp, no G minor version of "The Way You Make me Feel" seems to have been made yet. No death metal covers either.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Dave wrote:So... is it just creepy illusion? Just an image projection of what Devyn is feeling?

Or, is there actually such a place, in one of the other dimensions, to which Devyn "breaks through" if she doesn't resist the pull of darkness and despair? Is she a living gateway to Places You Would Rather Not Be?

Hmmm.... A World of Darkness tends to be a rather frightening and depressing place.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

If this is projected empathy, it could explain the kill zone that she mentioned at the pool. Projecting horrors like that can cause all kinds of long term reactions in non-paras such as suicide, heart attack and walking in front of moving vehicles that you cannot see are there.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

I'm pretty sure now that this is at Para High School. Look at the teeth of Left Bully. Those are the canines of a paranormal.
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
Septuagenarian

Post by Septuagenarian »

This makes me wonder what Shelly could do if she got in touch with her titan side. She's only one generation away from the Greek gods and maybe more than half.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

That poor little thing, no wonder shes seems so depressed. However in this case sharing is not caring.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Ursus

Post by Ursus »

Turnabout is rough play. :-)
eee

Post by eee »

Doggonit, I said I wanted off the bus before we got to Devynworld! Now look, here we are, stuck in the scenic section... :shock:
Dave wrote:So... is it just creepy illusion? Just an image projection of what Devyn is feeling?

Hard to say, and it may be All of the Above. When Zimmy over in Gunnerkrigg Court gets overstressed and 'blips' people into her world, it seems to be mental/spiritual: The bodies stay where they were, the minds go. When the robots hijacked the cruise ship, however, they were able to open a doorway to actually take the ship and all its passengers to Zimmingham. And some things from Zimmy's world bleed into ours... We'd need an outside view to know if Devyn and the girls are still standing in the hallway of the school, or have disappeared.

(So far Devynworld doesn't look as bad as Zimmingham. There are no barely visible horrific scenes taking place in the shadows and seen through the windows of the buildings, no monsters walking the streets. But it's early days. This may be worse.)
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Everybody sing along!
"Do you, you, feel like I do?"
JSStryker

Post by JSStryker »

DilyV wrote:Devyn: "Why do you ask? Are you going to cry?"

Girls: We weren't planning on it but you convinced us to go ahead and... wwwwWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Alt Girls reply: We weren't planning on it but could we get some fresh panties? Please?
Vive la weird!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

"One more thing, Sir," Harry asked," is this all real or is this in my head?"
"Of course it's all in your head," Dumbledor called as the scene disappeared, "...but why should that make it not real?"
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.