Make Me Feel 2015-08-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Warrl

Re: Make Me Feel 2015-08-25

Post by Warrl »

Opus the Poet wrote:Yep creepy. Especially the effect of putting the chainlink fence in the midground. I think we have seen the black goo leaking from the eyesockets before though.
If you read Gunnerkrigg Court, you have. An entire city of black goo leaking from eyesockets. And then there's the bad stuff.
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

I'm getting some serious Silent Hill vibes here. The blood, the chain-link fence, the altered architecture...oh my god is that PYRAMID HEAD BEHIND YOU!?
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

I still can't tell if this is a flashback to the thing Devyn and her friend swore they would never talk about--it was an accident after all . .
I suppose if a young paranormal used to holding back her "magic" got provoked into letting it go, it could spread over a 10 block area before she got it back under control. Technically that would be an accident as it was only intended for the two bullies in close proximity. Reminds me of the early days of the cold war when some genius come up with the idea of atomic warheads for use in a cannon. The only problem is, they don't make a cannon that can shoot one far enough that the radiation doesn't kill the people shooting the cannon. Or as my Marine friends like to say:
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend"

Flashback or current time, things are bound to get worse before they get better.

So these two nitwits are now experimenting how their words and actions make Devyn feel . . . gives the expression "Hoist with his own petard" a whole new perspective.

It's not that I don't feel sorry for the two bullies, I just don't want to. . . .
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

The sound track for this needs to be Mister Rodgers singing "Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood"
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Xheralt

Post by Xheralt »

Did she perhaps previously live in Silent Hill?
Julie

Post by Julie »

So the way I read today's page, that little insert that was not in Creepy Town seemed a little "present day Devyn recalling the event" and everything else is what happened. Anyone else read it that way? Or are we all just waiting for Paul to show us how far off base everyone is with their theories? :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
illiad

Post by illiad »

Dave

Post by Dave »

kingklash wrote:Everybody sing along!
"Do you, you, feel like I do?"
Frampton?!?!?

Now that is a true Creeping Horror you've brought into play. :shock:
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Julie wrote:So the way I read today's page, that little insert that was not in Creepy Town seemed a little "present day Devyn recalling the event" and everything else is what happened. Anyone else read it that way? Or are we all just waiting for Paul to show us how far off base everyone is with their theories? :P
I'm thinking it was "transition phase". The girls still saw her, then she turned around (bri-iight-eyes...).

(Drops a copy of Bonnie Tyler's Greatest Hits in the pun vault)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Uh oh. . .Devyn's mascara might not meet the school's dress code!
Dave wrote:So... is it just creepy illusion? Just an image projection of what Devyn is feeling?

Or, is there actually such a place, in one of the other dimensions, to which Devyn "breaks through" if she doesn't resist the pull of darkness and despair? Is she a living gateway to Places You Would Rather Not Be?
Well, we already have several long-established characters who are walking "doorways" to other realms. This might be what happens when the doorway's lock isn't of the best make.
DilyV wrote:Devyn: "Why do you ask? Are you going to cry?"

Girls: We weren't planning on it but you convinced us to go ahead and... wwwwWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
It looks like bodily fluids of one type or another may be about to flow. . .
Raventhorne

Post by Raventhorne »

i may if you dont plug your eyes up my dear there leaking blood,

would be what i would say to her if i was them

{and for some reason my account was deleted no idea why but tried the 2emails i normally use and said they wasn't found all spelling and lowercase/caps in either password and username nothing worked so i had to remake my account}
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Raventhorne wrote:{and for some reason my account was deleted no idea why but tried the 2emails i normally use and said they wasn't found all spelling and lowercase/caps in either password and username nothing worked so i had to remake my account}
That's why i'm "AnotherFairportfan" (more or less)
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

oldmanmickey wrote:The sound track for this needs to be Mister Rodgers singing "Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood"
I wish i had Dash Rip Rock's first album on this computer - it had a hidden track called "Mr Rogers Goes to Hell" on it
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Treesong

Post by Treesong »

'Are you going to cry?' is just a wonderful reply.
Vitrbjorn

Post by Vitrbjorn »

Fresh clothes are in need for this pair, not just drawers.
That which does not kill you but makes you stronger only shows you to a different level of predator.
Be careful lest the gods devour you in your new strength.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

This sure throws that whole "and words shall never hurt me" nonsense out the window. I suspect that from now on, these two are going to be very careful about what they say to whom.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:Well, we already have several long-established characters who are walking "doorways" to other realms. This might be what happens when the doorway's lock isn't of the best make.
You've just made it clear who is the most dangerous couple at Gryphon High... the ones voted most likely to disrupt and terrify.

It's Devyn (the doorway), and Jimmy (the lock).

(Places a skeleton key into the Pun Jar... not that it really needs it.)
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

I must be friggin' blind.

Here's the major to minor version of 'The Way You Make Me Feel'.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:The sound track for this needs to be Mister Rodgers singing "Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood"
I wish i had Dash Rip Rock's first album on this computer - it had a hidden track called "Mr Rogers Goes to Hell" on it
now that i would love to hear
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

oldmanmickey wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
now that i would love to hear
On the same day in 1986 they got letters from lawyers for Mr Rogers and REM (separately) saying "Stop messing with our songs!"

Thr Mr Rogers was basically a death-metal version of the theme song; their REM parody was obscene. Fairly funny - they only did that one live.