Show It To You 2015-08-24

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Thor

Show It To You 2015-08-24

Post by Thor »

LINKY

Are these girls just damned stupid?

She's one generation below the freaking Greek Gods. She almost inevitably has to have power coming out of her butt.

And even if they didn't know that, in a school full of paranormals with vastly different power levels, what kind of idiot goes around poking an unknown with a stick? It's so ridiculous it borders on the farcically unbelievable.
Last edited by Thor on Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
jwhouk

Re: Show It To You 2015-08-24

Post by jwhouk »

Oh... SH----
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I think we are about to find out about the "everybody in a 10 block radius" story.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

There's a darkness at the edge of town...
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Wait. You're Magic World. Is Devyn in a human school?
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

TheCollector wrote:Wait. You're Magic World. Is Devyn in a human school?
Yeah - i was wondering.

Perhaps this is a flashback.

To something that i'd rather not know about.

Red is usually/always a tip-off that Something Very Bad is about to happen in WS.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

That's right ladies, keep provoking because she wants nothing to do with you.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Thor wrote:LINKY

Are these girls just damned stupid?

She's one generation below the freaking Greek Gods. She almost inevitably has to have power coming out of her butt.

And even if they didn't know that, in a school full of paranormals with vastly different power levels, what kind of idiot goes around poking an unknown with a stick? It's so ridiculous it borders on the farcically unbelievable.
High school pecking order. Exert dominance over others to climb the ladder.

I'm built like a boxer (broad shoulders & deep chest), but i'm short and was very socially awkward in high school. So I got picked on a lot. My older brother helped shield me from some of it, but what made it stop was when I lost my temper one very bad day and put a damn good dent in my locker.

It was only whispers and rumors after that.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Thor wrote:And even if they didn't know that, in a school full of paranormals with vastly different power levels, what kind of idiot goes around poking an unknown with a stick? It's so ridiculous it borders on the farcically unbelievable.
That's one of the characteristics of adolescence... our brains haven't fully matured, particularly in the "think out the possible consequences of what we're about to do, before we do it" department. We do a lot of stupid and risky things during those years.

What they're doing is really no different than a lot of what goes on in human high schools. How often, these days, do we hear of a kid in high school (even a "good" one) who was repeatedly tormented and bullied, until he or she brought a gun to school and blew bloody holes in the source of the torment?

Kids poke the (apparently-)less-powerful with sticks all the time. So do a lot of adults. If they're lucky, they learn that the poke-ee wasn't so powerless and harmless, in a way that leaves them alive and with their bodies intact.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Awwwww crap... How stupid are these girls anyway? You're in a school of paranormals... you're fucking with the niece of a Greek GOD... and you didn't happen to think something bad might come of this? Way to go Carla... (Couldn't call her Carl... she's a female)
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
AnotherFairportfan

DilyV wrote:Awwwww crap... How stupid are these girls anyway? You're in a school of paranormals... you're fucking with the niece of a Greek GOD... and you didn't happen to think something bad might come of this? Way to go Carla... (Couldn't call her Carl... she's a female)
I'm not sure this is the para high school - the girl being snarky about "magic", and the fact that Devyn apparently has no friends, which we know isn't the case at the para school suggest that this is a norm school...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Hanineal

Post by Hanineal »

I think you folks are right. I believe this was pre-paranormal school and the incident where the "10 square blocks" originated.

I wonder if there were any survivors?
What happens in the lab needs to stay in the lab... because it's such a bloody drag to have to rebuild civilization all over again.
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Opus the Poet wrote:I think we are about to find out about the "everybody in a 10 block radius" story.
Oh, I hope so! It would be nice to get back to the deep dark supernatural after all these months of lesbian hijinks and girly angst. Maybe these two quarter-wits are about to be pulled into the nether world like being sucked into a small black hole. *giggle* :twisted:
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
AnotherFairportfan

Hanineal wrote:I think you folks are right. I believe this was pre-paranormal school and the incident where the "10 square blocks" originated.

I wonder if there were any survivors?
But the way that was mentioned implied (at least in my inference) that her bestie was also involved - so unless SHE was in norm school too, i don't think this is ten block time.

To be honest, it kinda creeps me some that, apparently, even if by accident, this cute little nerd we're supposed to like (i assume we are, anyway) is a mass-murderer.

Phix and/or Shelly killing and eating other sphinxes is one thing - the Narnian mantra where Aslan is concerned {"He's not a tame lion, you know."} pretty much applies there - that's how sphinx society works - but in this case, unless Paul has something planned, it's likely to be like Monica and the tar, but even less justified.
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

This is pretty standard high school bullying. You poke the kid until they lose it, breaking the rules and getting in trouble with the principal. The trick to this sort of bullying is understanding your target/mark. I don't think these two have Devyn figured out. Now, TBS, I thought this storyline might be about depression- a perfectly good subject for the new Wapsiverse, but I guess it's really about bullying- another fine subject. I'm going to sit back now and see how this develops for our young Nymph.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

cmdrpowers wrote:. Now, TBS, I thought this storyline might be about depression- a perfectly good subject for the new Wapsiverse, but I guess it's really about bullying- another fine subject. I'm going to sit back now and see how this develops for our young Nymph.
It can be about both. People with depression tend to be bullied quite alot. The tough kids sniff out those that are different and attack.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I wonder if her mom's name is Lilith....
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Hmmm... allowing that this is a flashback to the "normal" school...

The bullies are working on Devyn's isolation. Devyn is isolated because she's aware of her background and powers, and doesn't want to use them. (Be a good girl and don't crush anything today. Sure dad/mom... see ya later!) The bullies seem to think the "magic world" is only imaginary, so the Magic issue has come up publicly somewhere before. So, they're pushing the only lever they see to find out what happens.

Pity them.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those two potential toe tags Nereids/Mermaids from the Queen Bee's crew?

I feel sorry for the janitor if they have come squeegee these two idiots off the walls.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

everyone keeps mentioning the 'ten square blocks'. Was that from a strip I somehow missed, or a fan guess that's caught on?
And, yikes. Something bad is going to happen...