Right now 2015-08-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
oldmanmickey

Re: Right now 2015-08-10

Post by oldmanmickey »

jeffepp wrote:And, no one asks HOW their miniscule butts broke it in the first place?
even to me more intresting is how they put it back togather. any time i have tried a 3d puzzle it won. hats off to the tiny titans
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Does it strike anyone else we're likely in for a week of Silly?
Hadn't thought of that. I was guessing fairy magic or Monica being a sub-titan.

Very much so.
Oh, i think Monica and Jet, fae magic and being a sub-titan could easily fit into Silly.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
illiad

Post by illiad »

oldmanmickey wrote:
jeffepp wrote:And, no one asks HOW their miniscule butts broke it in the first place?
even to me more intresting is how they put it back togather. any time i have tried a 3d puzzle it won. hats off to the tiny titans
Nah, simple, they were playing 'catch me if you can' and misjudged a corner!!! :D :D
Its easy enough, tried to do it with tape my self.. ran out of fingers/hands!!! :P - Digit has plenty!!! :mrgreen:

but, um, that first panel needs modifying... I thought it was bud at first..... :P :roll:
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I can just see Dietzel and Digit zip lining all over the place....
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

Tiny adventure buddies!
Now I want to see Dietzel order a pizza. ^_^
I'm assuming Dietzel chose to stay small, at least for a while. Sure, there's no calling Pizza Girl, but there's no being forced into a Senor Bumbles outfit either. Plus, adventure budding ziplining. Because with all the power at Monica's disposal, hers and her friends, they could have fixed him.
What would be really cool is Dietzel being able to change size as he pleases.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Thor wrote:So who's the toothy lady with the big jug? Have we seen here before?
Okay, who had August 10th, post #5 and BunnyThor in the "Don't Recognize The Main Character Post" Pool?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

jwhouk wrote:
Thor wrote:So who's the toothy lady with the big jug? Have we seen here before?
Okay, who had August 10th, post #5 and BunnyThor in the "Don't Recognize The Main Character Post" Pool?
I had him down for the 11th... dammit...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
CPUGuy1

Post by CPUGuy1 »

SNERK!! Way to go Dietzell!
Even being small, Dietzel can make friends.

Wasn't the shrink effect suppose to wear off by now???
How does Monica know of Digit, too? Will there be a side story line to explain?
Is The Earth On A Diet?
With just one million people losing weight,
so after each one had lost 'one pound' ...
will the earth weigh 1,000,000 pounds less?
eee

Post by eee »

Cricket said her spasm caused magical effects weren't permanent, but Dietzel's shrinking seems very long lasting.

And we return to Monica. Are she and Jet still together? Has she resolved any of her problems? What adventure is she involved in now, if any? This should be interesting.

(Any bets on whether we find out if Bud and Kevin have finally hooked up?)
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

eee wrote:Cricket said her spasm caused magical effects weren't permanent, but Dietzel's shrinking seems very long lasting.
I'm guessing at the life span of fey, but when your peoples lifespan is beyond centuries words like 'temporary' and ' not permanent' perhaps may be used to describe something with a time span of years?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Well, she is, after all, a jumping spider from the Library.
Digit: Agent of Library
-Small Asset, at Large-

Coming Soon to a theater near you!*
*not really
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Does it strike anyone else we're likely in for a week of Silly?
We can only hope.
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Silly is good for you
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dahigi

Post by Dahigi »

What got me giggling the most was the sudden realization that spiders have eyebrows, but only two.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Quick, seemingly random replies;

- I'm w/ Thor. I 'knew' it was Monica, bud still...

- I'm thinking Pico-D was to await some corrective action from Cricket, following on the heels of her 'doing the work' & 'working the program', etc...

- MONICA!

- I was anticipating we might be leaving Katherine, Atsali, and Castela behind and starting a whole new series w/ Dyven (that aint right...) (right?), but back to the 1st Team is great.

Gotta run, hence my rushed posted.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

kingklash wrote:And thus we are clued in to the further adventures of Dinky Dietzel and his partner in crime Digit. Atsali must have told the pico-pup about how much fun it was to have a arachnid adventure buddy.
I wish! I'd love hanging out with those two! They're sooooo adorable!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hypothesis: Monica had become concerned about how much difficulty Dietzel was having in getting around, due to his reduced size. She used her Jaguar Girl powers to dimension-walk. She went and asked Agatha Heterodyne to make Dietzel some sort of medium-sized clank exoskeleton (suitably steampunk in design of course) that he could wear around the house until his shrinkage starts to wear off.

Digit couldn't resist the temptation to take the clank body out for a drive. But, since its controls were designed for a canine quadrupled rather than an arachnid, Digit had balance-and-coordination problems and managed to stagger the clank right into the side table on which the vase was sitting. Thud. Crash. O the embarrassment.
illiad

Post by illiad »

It seems some need an archive binge! :D

she loves cute dietzel! http://wapsisquare.com/comic/so-cute/

very happy, i think??? http://wapsisquare.com/comic/hold-down-the-fort/
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Dave wrote:
Hypothesis: Monica had become concerned about how much difficulty Dietzel was having in getting around, due to his reduced size. She used her Jaguar Girl powers to dimension-walk. She went and asked Agatha Heterodyne to make Dietzel some sort of medium-sized clank exoskeleton (suitably steampunk in design of course) that he could wear around the house until his shrinkage starts to wear off.

Digit couldn't resist the temptation to take the clank body out for a drive. But, since its controls were designed for a canine quadrupled rather than an arachnid, Digit had balance-and-coordination problems and managed to stagger the clank right into the side table on which the vase was sitting. Thud. Crash. O the embarrassment.
Nah. Result of movie binge day. Started with Weissmuller Tarzan flicks and ended with current Spiderman's. Decided they could do some vine/web swinging. The rest is history. I can hear it now, "Spider 'n Dog, Spider 'n Dog, friendly neighborhood Spider 'n Dog!"

The neighbors were probably wondering what that weird, high pitched yodeling sound was coming from Monica's place.
T'Renn

Post by T'Renn »

Yeah, my first thought was an MST3K quote.
Crow T. Robot wrote:I'm impressed, but HOW?
It's always a good episode of "Mythbusters" when even the bomb squad is standing in awed silence.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

chicgeek wrote:I'm assuming Dietzel chose to stay small, at least for a while. Sure, there's no calling Pizza Girl, but there's no being forced into a Senor Bumbles outfit either.
Let's not bee too sure of that...
Dave wrote:

...what's this? A somewhat-convoluted setup, NOT followed by a groan-inducing pun?? I'm not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)