Wapsi Held Hostage - Day 14 (was Castela Notice 2015-07-05)

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Wapsi Held Hostage - Day 14 (was Castela Notice 2015-07-05)

Post by AmriloJim »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/castela-moving-notice/
Castel Enora wrote:Hey there! I'm here to let you know that Paul Taylor and his family are moving to their new house, so he'll be taking a break from Wapsi while moving.

Wapsi will return July 20th.

I'll be looking forward to seeing you all back here then! =)
Last edited by AmriloJim on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TazManiac

Re: Castela Moving Notice (Sun 2015-07-05 - hiatus to 7/20)

Post by TazManiac »

Dave

Post by Dave »

It's not as if the situation is without precedent.

Best of fortune in the move, Paul... here's hoping everything goes smoothly!
louisxiv

Post by louisxiv »

TazManiac wrote:...
WHW

(What He Wept)
as363

Post by as363 »

And today is the 40yr anniversary of Rod Sterling's many dead's. Hope your move goes well - (without the use of the Transporter Beam) Spock could handle it so well.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

TazManiac wrote:Image
Seconded.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

*proceeds to run around in circles*
WhatdoIdonow, WhatdoIdonow, WhatdoIdonow, WhatdoIdonow, WhatdoIdonow, WhatdoIdonow, WhatdoIdonow, WhatdoIdonow, WhatdoIdonow, WhatdoIdonow, WhatdoIdonow, WhatdoIdonow, WhatdoIdonow, WhatdoIdonow, WhatdoIdonow, WhatdoIdonow, WhatdoIdonow, WhatdoIdonow, WhatdoIdonow?
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

... I guess this also means my commission will be delayed... but I will survive somehow.. JWHOUK and I will carry the fort for the duration... I'm not sure if Paul finds comfort in that, but we'll give it the old college try...
Good luck on your new home, best wishes for your family-

BTW- on my trip down south, the Truck gave out near Redding CA. $1,300 later it got repaired, then there was the $800 for the car rental- The plates on the car were from MINNESOTA!!! AND I called and spoke with DAVE on the phone, as he was in Mountain View and I was a (relatively) short distance away... but our schedules did not allow a meeting.

I have two daughters and a niece in that area... I will be back...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

I guess I can be patient. I've had Space Alien Cat Girls bookmarked not too long after the site went up, and I'm still waiting on that to get going.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

In a dingy public hall, next to the volunteer fire brigade garage. Fourteen individuals are seated at a collection of large folding tables on cheap, metal folding chairs. A grungy coffee machine is one- third full of a questionable tarry substance that smells disgusting, while one of the flickering overhead florescent lights seems to be a haven for flies.
Seated at the head of the table, a rather weather-worn fellow of post-middle age stands up in worn 'farmer brown' overalls and a stained 'T' shirt. His glasses are held together at the right temple by thread wrapped around an extended hair pin. His facial hair is peppered with grey, as are his temples. He looks at the other fellows and announces,

"Hi... my name's Greg and I am a WAPSIHOLIC..."

In sotto voice, the other thirteen respond in unison, "Hi Greg,"...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

A far younger man, basically a kid, shifted uneasily in his seat. He had dressed in a somewhat unusual fashion for the times; a combination of modern and athletic, with the loose and baggy jeans and hoodie, and old-fashioned holdouts, like the fact his pants were held securely at his waist by a black leather belt. His clothes were dark, as was his tan. His glasses were slim, and the lenses a little dirty. His brown hair was cut very short, and his face was clean-shaven. On his right hip was an old military knife he had picked up from the side of a road a few years back. A small single-shoulder backpack rested beside his chair. The end of a steel pipe, wrapped in duct tape, protruded from the top. A Nalgene bottle filled with some sort of soda stood on the table before him.
Now it was his turn to stand and make his statement. The youth stood, wincing and moving as though his bones were older than they ought to be. "Um... Hi. I'm uh, well, let's just stick with calling me Glytch. And I'm a Wapsiholic."
Again, the thirteen others chorused: "Hi, Glytch."
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Sorry, did I hijack something, Sarge?
Just felt inspired all of a sudden.
I'm too much!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

GlytchMeister wrote:Sorry, did I hijack something, Sarge?
With two weeks of Wapsi related withdrawal issues to deal with, I decided to open up a "Wapsiholic Anonymous" session where we can all confess and discuss our addiction- you did exactly what I was hoping you would do.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
With two weeks of Wapsi related withdrawal issues to deal with, I decided to open up a "Wapsiholic Anonymous" session where we can all confess and discuss our addiction- you did exactly what I was hoping you would do.
Sweeeet. I'm in.
Why 14?
I'm too much!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

GlytchMeister wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:
Sweeeet. I'm in.
Why 14?
More can walk in as needed- just seemed like a good number
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

:lol:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

A heavyset guy frowns down at the Styrofoam cup of whatever-it-was that used to be coffee, and decides against another sip. He looks up as the young man introduces himself as "Glytch."
"Hi, Glytch," he says along with the rest. Placing the cup on a nearby folding table - covering a crudely carved heart containing the initials "D + S" - he then rubs his palms against the thighs of his faded comfort-fit jeans. With a deep breath, he stands up and smooths the front of his plain black t-shirt; a flat rectangular slab is clearly outlined in the left breast pocket. Suddenly self-conscious, he runs his right hand across the top of his shaved head and then over his two-day stubbled face. His eyes look and feel as though his relationship with sleep is strictly professional.
"Um," he begins, and then roughly clears his throat. "Ah, sorry. I'm...eh...I'm Dan, and I'm a Wapsiholic."
"Hi, Den." "Hi, Ben." "Hi, Dean." And so forth. He sighs mentally.
"No, no, DAN. As in 'Daniel.' Uh, never mind." His face burning, he sits down again with his hands on his knees and stares at the floor.
Every goddamn time.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

The door crashed open and a slightly disheveled man in jeans and wrinkled white shirt stumbled through the opening.

"Sorry, sorry! Damn vertigo acting up again!" he exclaimed as he dropped a backpack against the wall and pulled a ball cap off his head. A metallic "clunk" sounded as the bag hit the floor.

Then he said, "Apologies for the late arrival, I just flew in from Houston and boy, are my arms tired!" which earned one snerk and a couple of groans. The guy in the brown overalls raised an eyebrow and almost let one corner of his mouth break a grin. The rest just sort of stared glassy-eyed at nothing.

"Hi, Hansontoons here, but call me Jon. Fewer letters to remember and easier to spell, no "H". Hey, is that stuff fresh?" he asked, turning towards the coffee pot.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

A balding man with graying beard, jeans, and a tropical themed shirt joins the circle and introduces himself as "Chuck".

"Yeah, I'm a Waspiholic, too."

What brought me here. What kept me here (Arc start).
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff