Wapsi Held Hostage - Day 14 (was Castela Notice 2015-07-05)

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TazManiac

Re: Castela Moving Notice (Sun 2015-07-05 - hiatus to 7/20)

Post by TazManiac »

*buuuuurrrrrp*

That was quite tasty...
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

TazManiac wrote:*buuuuurrrrrp*

That was quite tasty...
Those bothering to turn his way noticed Taz was beginning to look a little see-through...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Ya know - Arien over at the Misfile forum says she's reading WS and she just got to Bud and the Exploding U-Boat.

If Paul doesn't get his internet soon, she may wind up waiting impatiently for the next page with the rest of us.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

opens one eye, looks around sees nothing new, goes back to sleep.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Oh dear, this is getting serious. Now what am I supposed to do with 200 pounds of homemade gelignite? :twisted: I shall have to be careful to keep it away from the Methyl Mercaptan because that is stanky explosive at the right ratio with air. :ugeek:

Anyone have an address to deliver this to? :D
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Opus the Poet wrote:Oh dear, this is getting serious. Now what am I supposed to do with 200 pounds of homemade gelignite? :twisted: I shall have to be careful to keep it away from the Methyl Mercaptan because that is stanky explosive at the right ratio with air. :ugeek:

Anyone have an address to deliver this to? :D
Mapimi? It's already been blown up so hard there's not much else you can do to it.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Julie

Post by Julie »

GlytchMeister wrote:
Julie wrote:I like food! (I may be drunk)
Just be sure not to drink and poit!
Unless you want your bra on your head, of course.

:twisted: Why, no, of course I'm not trying to give you ideas...
I'll have you know that I don't have to be drunk to wear my bra on my head. I'm more than a little silly though. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
stjen

Post by stjen »

So -- what's the latest from Pablo? anyone hear/see anything new from him?
Septuagenarian

Post by Septuagenarian »

He better find a pub with an open network or a Starbucks or something. Some friends of ours took over a month to get Internet and TV after they moved. On top of that, they couldn't get the provider to shut down their old service. No one there to use it but the bills kept rolling in.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Septuagenarian wrote:He better find a pub with an open network or a Starbucks or something. Some friends of ours took over a month to get Internet and TV after they moved. On top of that, they couldn't get the provider to shut down their old service. No one there to use it but the bills kept rolling in.
Lalalalalala I can't hear you I'm not listening! That's not real that's not real it's not going to take over a month...

[cubsfan]Wait 'till tomorrow...[/cubsfan]
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Glytch sighed and checked his phone to see if anything new was on the wapsi square site.
"Nothin'." he cursed under his breath. Morale in the meeting had fallen dramatically, despite the Shadow Chef's best efforts. The wapsiholics were becoming listless, foul-tempered, or silent. A few were so far gone they simply lay in their bunks and hammocks, twitching and moaning.

The room felt like a hospital... On the boundary between the living and the dead.

Glytch shuddered, repressing less-than-pleasant memories of the gloomy places of healing and focused on the problem at hand. The two fanfic titans had finished their tales. And no matter how furiously Glytch wrote his own story, it still wasn't the same. Like... diet soda. He took a swig of vanilla coke to wash away the memory of aspartame and artificial sweeteners.
Fanfic can only sustain us for so long. I don't think an archive binge would be much better. If we finish the binge before new comics start dropping, then what? The shock might be even worse. We need a discussion. A lot of us get half the fun out of talking with others about wapsi, debating it, and pondering it. I've already raised the questions of the prophesies before, but those threads died out fairly quickly. My Confusion Corner thread didn't even do that well. What about...

"Hey, does anyone have any guesses as to how Monica might 'Walk between the Land of the Living and the Land of the Dead?' D'ya think it would work like how she went to... oh, what were we calling it back then... her J-Space or Jet's C-Space? Whaddaya think?" He looked around at the lethargic wapsiholics, momentarily stymied. Then an idea came to mind.
He went to the control panel and navigated to his own fanfiction, setting the portal to display the moment when his interpretation of Monica performed her first Deathwalk. "This is what I came up with."

In-Universe Hyperlink explanation, booyah!
I'm too much!
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

'Toons finished tamping down the last bit of broken concrete and walked over to the yummies table and stirred through the remnants hoping for a snack. Not much was left, "Pity" he thought. So he turned and began to fold his entrenching tool as he walked over to his backpack. He flipped open the cover and began to push the entrenching tool in. Encountering resistance, he angled the handle off to one side, and with a wiggle slid it in.

Not much was happening around the room. Louie was engaged in idle conversation about the benefits of SPF 50 lip rouge with a semi-comatose individual who was slumped back in a bean-bag chair. The Sarge was pacing slowly while carrying on a hushed conversation with someone on his walkie talkie. Glitch had disappeared into his tent. Dave and Fairportfan were glassy-eyed, thousand yard stare like, the folding chairs they occupied were looking unstable. The Shadow Chef teased, flitting from shadow to shadow. Julie giggled a bit, hugging a large insulated container with a convenient handle and bendy straw hanging loose to one side. Taz (working a toothpick with some intent) had wandered over to watch Gyrre fiddle with something that buzzed and clicked like a demented weasel; it did have a pleasing blue-green glow to it that pulsed sporadically. Opus sat next to several jars and boxes, a few beads of sweat were forming on his forehead and he looked nervous. Several others milled around aimlessly, opening cabinets or poking around the various piles of debris along the walls, hoping for a glimmer of reality or an update. The rest were curled up trying to sleep with the hope to awake and have it just have been a bad dream.

"Well," Toons said to no one in particular, "might as well catch up on some reading" as he pulled a canvas folding chair from his bag. With a shake, the chair opened and was set on the floor. Reaching back in to the pack, 'Toons pulled the latest offering from Terry Brooks and a couple dog-eared Weber paperbacks, just in case. "Anyone?" he spoke, holding the books out. No takers. With a sigh, he settled into the chair and opened one of the books.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

*clears table, replaces sweets and drinks(yes, there is "Vanilla coke"), and adds a steaming pot of rice on a bamboo board, along with a tureen of pineapple beef curry. On a black tray are what appear to be puffed pastries. Were one to bite into them, they'd find it filled with cheese and beef pepperoni. Her task accomplished, she once again vanishes into the shadows.*
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Movement registered in the corner of one of 'Toons eyes. Pulling his nose from the book in front of his face, he inhaled deeply. A smile began to spread on his face and his eyes lit up as he set the book down and rose, not a sign of a wobble as he took his first step toward the table...
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Sighs... Are we there yet?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Having waited patiently for the right opportunity, Taz was just to the side when optimal conditions allowed the Shadows to part, just abreast of the Left.

Breathing in a manner to balance his centers of energy, he ran the gamut of chi/kundalini, verifying each color was unclouded and not too bright, in an unexpecting fashion as he'd been instructed, he carefully, gently, reached out and as the re-loading of food stuffs was completed he briefly, gingerly, respectfully brushed the back of someone else's hand with the back of his own.

It was unbidden, unrequited, & unexpected, but with 'Heart of Joy' & 'Balance as Required' in the forefront of his intention, he was able to execute the movement with internal grace and minimalism.

He then sat back, into a full lotus and sent glad tidings and full spectrum replenishment into the Ether as he considered his brash tilting of the order of things, unbidden...

Still, how ever it worked out, the brief smile on his face echoed his heart's understanding... It was a thank you,
but he was often misunderstood...
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Gyrre, looked around, wondering why Taz had lost interest, only to find him resolving his Center.

"It'll wait..." as he registered the serenity on TazManiac's face...

Internally though, Taz was a jumble; centrally appreciative, yet grappling with conditions strange.

"Momma always told me not to lick the Third Rail..."
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Greg stared at the table... unblinking... the food turned transparent... a spotlight hit the center showing a minerature of Bud and Kevin in formalwear, Kevin in tails and Bud in a LBD that would stop traffic. The opening strains of the Mindbenders doing 'Groovy kind of Love' wafted in from... somewhere... and the two figures started doing an adaptation of ballroom dancing to the music that would evolk echos of Fred Astair and Ginger Rogers.

"When I'm feeling blue, all I have to do, is take a look at you, then I'm not so blue
when you're close to me, I can feel your heartbeat, I can hear you breathing in my ear-

Wouldn't you agree, Baby you and me, got a groovy kind of love- we got a groovy kind of love,"

Spinning across the tabletop, the two dancers captured the attention of the whole room... breaking the doldrum of the past few days.

"Anytime you want to, you can turn me onto, anything you want to, anytime at all,
when I taste your lips, ooh I start to shiver, can't control the quivering inside,

Wouldn't you agree, Baby you and me, got a groovy kind of love- we got a groovy kind of love,"

What really made the scene was the look on the faces of both dancers- nervous, yet enthralled- scared, yet daring. Many love stories had not yet been told, many arguments have yet to happen... a whole adventure for two who still hurt from events past, yet look forward to the future. Such a match, such a pair- such a dance!

When I'm in your arms, nothing seems to matter, if the world would shatter, I don't care-

Wouldn't you agree, Baby you and me, got a groovy kind of love- we got a groovy kind of love- we got a groovy kind of love,"

They finished with a flying circle slowing to a full dip- the light went dark and the food re-appeared.

Greg smiled.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

When I tell a story about Kevin and Bud, I'm thinking I will make that 'their song',

Hey... 22 pages on one title in daily discussion... is that a record?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Eyelids half lidded, Taz found himself humming "we got a Groovy kind of Love..." to himself...

Then he stood up, nodded just a bit in everyone's general directions, and twisting on his axis, disappeared out of the room for awhile...

(as he went, he brought the back of his hand up to his face and appreciated the Blessings of the Creator once more. Too bad such joys, while eternal, where fleeting...)