Wapsi Held Hostage - Day 14 (was Castela Notice 2015-07-05)

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
louisxiv

Re: Castela Moving Notice (Sun 2015-07-05 - hiatus to 7/20)

Post by louisxiv »

Dave wrote:You had rocks? Luxury. All we had was mud... and we had to mix it ourselves.
Mud? MUD?

You ’ad it easy. We ’ad t’ piss agin t’rock for centuries t’erode it to make mud!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

louisxiv wrote: See we lost the paragraph indents again — the board seems to strip hard spaces out when pasting text to and fro, though it will allow direct entry. Irritating.
Yeah, does it for me too. I've had to double space between paragraphs to make things readable in my posts.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Taz slowly unfolds from his chair and with his right hand reaches to grasp firmly his belt buckle, with his left arm fully submerged past the elbow in his pocket, he rummaged around and finally came out with a well worn paperback copy of Heinlein's 'Number of the Beast'...

Mumbling a bit he said " Heading for the fresher..."...
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

louisxiv wrote:See we lost the paragraph indents again — the board seems to strip hard spaces out when pasting text to and fro, though it will allow direct entry. Irritating.
Affirmative on the board software stripping out leading spaces as default.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

AmriloJim wrote:
louisxiv wrote:See we lost the paragraph indents again — the board seems to strip hard spaces out when pasting text to and fro, though it will allow direct entry. Irritating.
Affirmative on the board software stripping out leading spaces as default.
This software is a LOT less prone to screwing up formatting than the one the "Misfile" board uses.

Which also uses non-standard markup in some instances.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

Mud? MUD?

You ’ad it easy. We ’ad t’ piss agin t’rock for centuries t’erode it to make mud!
...you 'ad PISS?!

YOU LUCKY B@$!%&D. We 'ad to SPIT on the bloody rocks...
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: This software is a LOT less prone to screwing up formatting than the one the "Misfile" board uses.

Which also uses non-standard markup in some instances.
Agreed. phpBB parses tokens to generate HTML formatting... mine has been tweaked to support [center], , and .
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Suddenly slipping out of his corner hammock, kingklash rapidly walked over to the portal door. He scooped up the still-warm bullet and made note of it's odd vibe. "Infernal Affairs notwithstanding," he thought, "I'm glad someone thought about what might result from such a proactive approach to Paul's problem, especially since it came from a primal place in the human nature." He felt something was not quite there in his thoughts that should be acknowledged. "There's that feeling in the back of my head again, clueing me on something I'm not thinking in my outer mind about." Taking out his map device, he replayed the video and paused at the view from the outside of the door. He didn't look too bad in Wapsi-style. Then it clicked. The mini camera, Glytch's pipe, the Rabbi's walking stick. Inanimate objects. They passed through without going anywhere else. Not even to the origin coordinates of the owners, even though they probably would when/if the people themselves decide to go home when this meeting finally adjourns as Paul gets back to full speed. There has to be other parameters on how the door works when sorting through who came from where, and where they'll go. But only, only..... He himself didn't arrive by Door. When he heard of the Meeting Hall, he just set his own portal through the Interface for the Hall itself, not scanning for dimensional location, thinking it was only a Internet forum room. Again, he thought of True Stories. "Aren't we the happy little Dream Operators here," he laughed. He checked the map, and saw the status of the dimensional bubble had changed drastically. If what it read was right, then he could try a little something crazy. Bringing up a menu, he tapped a couple of options, and then stuck the device on the wall. This was what had been percolating in his inner mind: that anyone who got here under their own personal means aren't recorded in the system of the Door. Maybe it will ignore him as he passes through, or maybe try to oblivion him, shuffling him to wherever Zero Coordinates lead. He slowly moved forward, hand out. His arm began to tingle, partly from the threshold, partly from his own defenses trying to activate due to the tension he was feeling. He heard rapid footsteps, and voices, "What the hell are you doing?!" "Is it safe?" He took a deep breath, and walked out the door. He turned into an animated drawing of himself.

He got a good look around. The readings were right. He just needed to confirm with his own eyes. He then came back in, and explained his experiment. Taking the device off the wall, he checked the map again. "As stable as stable can be." He grinned like a gassed hyena. "The outside world is in Stasis. Birds stuck in mid-flight, that sort of thing." "Any people?" "No, but I think it's because there hasn't been anything written for people to do until Paul is ready for them to do something." He pulled out an old Game Boy from a pocket and the sound of Tetris began as he hopped into his corner hammock again. "So much info to shuffle around in my head. If everything is as it seems to be, we might even have a permanent place to come and use as a base to explore Wapsi from!"
captnq

Post by captnq »

themadkansan wrote:
Mud? MUD?

...you 'ad PISS?!

Spit? SPIT?

I EN'vee the man who got to erode rocks by the spittle!

In MY day we had to bleed on the rocks. And we did that when our fathers beat us to death with the rocks! And as we were dying from being pelted with rocks, we had to dig our own graves which eventually filled up with the rocks that we were pelted with! Then our fathers would sing praise to Huntokarr and dance about on our graves.

AN' WE WERE THANKFUL!!!
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

captnq wrote:
themadkansan wrote:
Mud? MUD?

...you 'ad PISS?!

Spit? SPIT?

In MY day we had to bleed on the rocks. And we did that when our fathers beat us to death with the rocks! And as we were dying from being pelted with rocks, we had to dig our own graves which eventually filled up with the rocks that we were pelted with! Then our fathers would sing praise to Huntokarr and dance about on our graves.

AN' WE WERE THANKFUL!!!
At least you had rocks! All we had was a stinkin' molecular cloud. And how much fun is that?? All movin' around and drifting here and there depending on local gravitaional pull. You know how hard it is to scrape together a big enough pile to attempt to make a molecular sand castle to hide the army men hand-carved from more molecular stuff that we had to mash together? Not easy! And it's all because of atoms. They are absolutely no fun. Why? You can't trust 'em. They make everything up.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Hansontoons wrote:Mud? MUD?

...you 'ad PISS?!

Spit? SPIT?

AN' WE WERE THANKFUL!!
At least you had rocks! All we had was a stinkin' molecular cloud. And how much fun is that?? All movin' around and drifting here and there depending on local gravitaional pull. You know how hard it is to scrape together a big enough pile to attempt to make a molecular sand castle to hide the army men hand-carved from more molecular stuff that we had to mash together? Not easy! And it's all because of atoms. They are absolutely no fun. Why? You can't trust 'em. They make everything up.
BLOODY "ELL!!!! HARHARHARHARHARHARHAR!!!!!!! Monty Python, eat yer heart out!!!!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Julie

Post by Julie »

So we're no longer plotting violence...but the one-up-manship of grumpy old codgers is almost as entertaining. :P *sits back and sips on her pitcher of tasty goodness*
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
louisxiv

Post by louisxiv »

Atomic wrote:Obligatory
Original
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hansontoons wrote:At least you had rocks! All we had was a stinkin' molecular cloud. And how much fun is that?? All movin' around and drifting here and there depending on local gravitaional pull. You know how hard it is to scrape together a big enough pile to attempt to make a molecular sand castle to hide the army men hand-carved from more molecular stuff that we had to mash together? Not easy! And it's all because of atoms. They are absolutely no fun. Why? You can't trust 'em. They make everything up.
You had atoms?? And molecules?!?

Slacker.

Why, back in my day, we didn't have anything as stable and orderly as an atom to play with. We used to dream about having just one or two stable protons that would stay where we put 'em. When I was growing up, the inflationary era hadn't even ended yet, and all we had to play with was a big pile of quark/gluon plasma. Talk about noise! Unconstrained quarks, gluons flyin' every which way... it was more chaotic than ten fraternities all on Spring Break at the same time. Believe you me, there's nothing charming about a charm quark that's drunk off its ass, screaming "Bottom's up!" outside your window at four in the morning.

But, you tell the kids these days about that, and they just won't believe you.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Julie wrote:So we're no longer plotting violence...but the one-up-manship of grumpy old codgers is almost as entertaining. :P *sits back and sips on her pitcher of tasty goodness*
You mean we are not going to do anything to the cable companies that said Pablo would have Internet by 7/20 and here it is a week later and they are saying !?!

So what am I supposed to do with 20 liters of Methyl Mercaptan?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

At least you had a place in which to exist. Back in mah day, I had to smack singularities around until one of 'em blew up! And lemme tell yew, that ain't a pleasant experience. And even after all that, the dang things almost never blew up the right way. Most of 'em collapsed or dissapated, the rest had broken physics! Do you have any idea how long I wus at it? Do ya?
'Course not, yeh whippersnapper.

I'll take that mm, opus. I'm sure I can find a use for it.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
louisxiv

Post by louisxiv »

When AH started aht theer were bugger all abart ’ere. Nowt. AH even ’ad t’create bloody light AH did, seethee…
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

*Glides in from the shadows and sets a low black table, inlaid with mother of pearl cranes on the floor, and scatters various styles of handmade cushions around it.

Places a crock of steamed rice, various meats, veggies and sheets of roasted seasoned seaweed that are on a tray, and a small crock of oikimchi on the table, along with ceramic rice bowls and chopsticks(along with conventional utensils for those unfamiliar with usage).

Steaming barley tea in a ceramic teapot, along with teapots of ting tung oolong and Darjeeling and small teacups are set in the center on a small black turntable.

Finally, embroidered napkins in simple black and gold rings are artfully piled at either end.

Vanishes once again into the comfort of the shadows.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Dave

Post by Dave »

You've earned your place in heaven, DinkyInky! (Not that you hadn't already, of course... this just ups your credit a bit and will buy you an extra flagon of halo polish or something like that).