Saying it 2015-07-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Saying it 2015-07-02

Post by DilyV »

Linky: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/saying-it/

YAYS!!!

I was hoping that Atsali would find Jessie and apologize... Of course it looks like Jessie wasn't expecting it...
Last edited by DilyV on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Thor

Re: Saying it 2015-07-02

Post by Thor »

Glad she went and got that over with. That could have gone on for months, like so much teen drama tends to do.
Last edited by Thor on Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Mermaid says "Bwuh?"
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I'm surprised Atsali's top is still covering the important bits, with as much bouncing around as she has been asking it to contain. :o
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Castela must have given High-speed Tumbleweed lessons.
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:I was hoping that Atsali would find Jessie and apologize... Of course it looks like Jessie wasn't expecting it...
I don't think Jessie has time to react yet. I'm not at all sure she saw Atsali arriving. Atsal's dash-to-apologize was somewhere between supersonic and superluminal. :lol:

She's a bit slow to get a clue sometimes (for reasons we're starting to understand), but this week's events make it clear that when Atsali does get a clue, she really gets a clue!!

Once she knows what needs to be done... she doesn't do it in half-measures.

Opus the Poet wrote:I'm surprised Atsali's top is still covering the important bits, with as much bouncing around as she has been asking it to contain. :o
Lydia fabric, treated with essence of lingerie ninja power?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if she got that bikini top from Lydia.

Of course, the life guards are probably now performing CPR on Nadette, because Atsali left her breathless... ;)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Opus the Poet wrote:I'm surprised Atsali's top is still covering the important bits, with as much bouncing around as she has been asking it to contain. :o
Three words... DOUBLE. SIDED. TAPE.

:D
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

now do we all get ice cream? after that kiss and then her run across the pool i suspect there is gonna be a long line.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:

Is there a word for "laughing hysterically, while at the same time cringing in painful sympathy"? If not, you need to invent one for me! OW OW OW!

As least, being female, Atsali might not have too much dense hair in the affected areas, being torn out by the roots a bit at a time... but still... yow! :cry: Isn't the bikini wax enough of a crime against humanity??
tombone

Post by tombone »

Just a thought that's been bugging me a bit over the past few days -

Who would be the better person to help guide Atsali on her inability to 'read' people's physical and emotional cues - Nadette or Tina?

Another, related thought. It's been pretty well established that with many of the paranormal cast of characters, the demon realm has some pretty direct ties to their emotional spectrum. Is it outside the realm of possibility that something within Atsali might be -for lack of a better term - "broken" - especially given her having the post-insanity Etheitian civilization pass thru her mind?
Masterof7s

Post by Masterof7s »

Good god! Running with that rack must be painful as hell.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

tombone wrote:Just a thought that's been bugging me a bit over the past few days - Who would be the better person to help guide Atsali on her inability to 'read' people's physical and emotional cues - Nadette or Tina?
Nadette, because she has way more tact than our Demon Barista.
Another, related thought. It's been pretty well established that with many of the paranormal cast of characters, the demon realm has some pretty direct ties to their emotional spectrum. Is it outside the realm of possibility that something within Atsali might be -for lack of a better term - "broken" - especially given her having the post-insanity Etheitian civilization pass thru her mind?
I think she was slightly "broken" well before that. What with her parents dying and that demon-girl committing suicide and all.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

tombone wrote:Just a thought that's been bugging me a bit over the past few days -

Who would be the better person to help guide Atsali on her inability to 'read' people's physical and emotional cues - Nadette or Tina?
I'd guess that Tina can give her more (and deeper) accurate information about another person's actual emotional state, since she sees as a demon sees... aura and energies and dimensions. Her "read" would be the laboratory standard. She's also a disinterested party. But, Tina doesn't see facial expressions either (and we don't know what her hearing is really like, for that matter).

Nadette might well be the better teacher and guide for helping Atsali to learn to maximize her own ability to interpret what she does see and hear. Nadette has her abilities as a Seer, and her mortal senses and ability to read expressions and faces and posture. So, Nadette has more direct perception of the specific things that Atsali needs to learn.

But, Nadette's ability to teach may be colored by her feelings for Atsali. Her visions may be affected by the Heisenhug Ursartainty Principle.
It's likely, I think, that this trauma is one factor in what Atsali has been going through.

She did say that she's never been able to read facial expressions... it's not an ability that she had, and lost at the time of the Ethetian incident. We don't know if it's an inborn condition, or if it resulted from some earlier trauma.

We still don't know how/why her parents died, or what Atsali went through when that happened. I've assumed they died at the same time, unexpectedly (perhaps violently) but that might not be the case.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

She was clueless before the Etheitian possession. She couldn't read Kath's look after the whole "nearly falling into the pit" episode.

By the way: I may be off on this, but if Atsali is as old as we believe - 16 years younger than our "main character" (Monica - you remember her, right?) - she was born in about 1998.

What if mom and dad worked for some business firm located in Manhattan - say, LoDo near the Financial District, in a certain tower (or two)?
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Dave wrote:
DilyV wrote:

Is there a word for "laughing hysterically, while at the same time cringing in painful sympathy"? If not, you need to invent one for me! OW OW OW!
If there is such a word, it's probably German.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
illiad

Post by illiad »

DilyV wrote:

nah, 'law of funny/sexy' plus measures to hold down comic rating @ 'pg-13 to R' :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
Masterof7s wrote:Good god! Running with that rack must be painful as hell.
nope :lol: siren magic keeps it all up! :twisted:
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

After that impact Jessie probably has several broken ribs and her bra size has reduced by 3 size. That much mass impacting at that speed will do a fair amount of damage. Despite compressibility of the affect areas, and they are not that soft or there would be a lot more sag, it will knock the breath out of both of them.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dayum! THAT switch threw with a loud CLUNK! Good show there, Atsali!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

shadowinthelight wrote:Mermaid says "Bwuh?"
Caught in the headlights . . . . :mrgreen:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.