Let That Sink In 2015-06-29

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Let That Sink In 2015-06-29

Post by AmriloJim »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/let-that-sink-in/

Nadette is enjoying this teaching technique.
Thor

Re: Let That Sink In 2015-06-29

Post by Thor »

You know, Atsali has still not actually agreed to be Nadette's girlfriend...
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

I've pointed that out to people on Facebook but nobody else cares. :|
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Dave

Post by Dave »

As I think Tina once said, "Shazowie!"
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

Thor wrote:You know, Atsali has still not actually agreed to be Nadette's girlfriend...
Yeeaaah, that might just be the kicker here. I'm all for showing affection, but consensual "all parties are aware before hand there will be affection". Nadette, please stop until Atsali says yes. Silence is not consent, not even for kissing. You're being a too pushy.
ImageImage
Thor

Post by Thor »

MerchManDan wrote:I've pointed that out to people on Facebook but nobody else cares. :|
Well, the big rainbow art print for sale showing the two of them kissing would seem to imply that Mr. Taylor isn't going to bring the hammer down on Nadette's happiness in the near future, so I can see how everyone might just be assuming it's a fait accompli.

Still, I'm not buying it until I get affirmative words from Bird-Brain herself.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Thor wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:I've pointed that out to people on Facebook but nobody else cares. :|
Well, the big rainbow art print for sale showing the two of them kissing would seem to imply that Mr. Taylor isn't going to bring the hammer down on Nadette's happiness in the near future, so I can see how everyone might just be assuming it's a fait accompli.

Still, I'm not buying it until I get affirmative words from Bird-Brain herself.
I to assume it'll go well because of the print. I highly doubt Paul would release a print if on the next page Atsali devastated Nadette. I mean then it's no longer a print that would make you happy, it's just a print reminding you of a sad situation. I doubt he'd do that to us.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

We got the wide eyed look from Devyn and friends in panel one... what Paul didn't show was their heads exploding in panel three...

I am of the opinion that Nadette is pushing a little too hard as well... as has been said, "Silence is NOT consent."

That being said, Atsali needs to come to a conclusion of how she feels about this. The longer it goes on, the more Nadette could be hurt if Atsali says no.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Hanineal

Post by Hanineal »

As I see it, Nadette is just stating her position in a clear and undeniable manner. What reply Atsali makes is quite another thing.

Frankly, with everything we've everything I've learned about her, I'm not sure of her position. She's expressed a heterosexual attraction to boys, but has (apparently) had a least one other girl whom she cared deeply enough about for the loss to traumatize her. Plus, she's never criticized the gay relations of the paranormals she knows so it's all sort of up in the air.
What happens in the lab needs to stay in the lab... because it's such a bloody drag to have to rebuild civilization all over again.
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

Hanineal wrote:As I see it, Nadette is just stating her position in a clear and undeniable manner. What reply Atsali makes is quite another thing.

Frankly, with everything we've everything I've learned about her, I'm not sure of her position. She's expressed a heterosexual attraction to boys, but has (apparently) had a least one other girl whom she cared deeply enough about for the loss to traumatize her. Plus, she's never criticized the gay relations of the paranormals she knows so it's all sort of up in the air.
I'm pretty sure at one point she mentioned "Boys, girls, i don't care" but its late and I'm lazy
ImageImage
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Yea like i said on facebook i believe that sunk in. Given her ancestry it would make sense she would go for both or either.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

As someone who is absentminded, I would surmise that this might not be the best response to Atsali's request. She just wanted a head's up, not a demonstration on how easy it is for Bears to catch fish with their mouths.

When someone hasn't quite caught on to how my head works, I've been treated like I can't catch up. And people getting all up in my personal space to "Just get your attention." I've had to explain that sometimes I'm not left behind, I'm accidentally about seventeen steps ahead. Given the room to allow processing time, the next words from 'Sali's beak may just evaporate the pool.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Dayum, stop being sooo negative, guys!!! Atsali *knows* that nadette loves her, *knows* she cannot see it, but has to trust her... she has been embarrassed enough by her inability to read, so she 'goes with the flow" :D :D

I am sure if most 'old enough', and as well built as her, did that to you in RL, you would not say no... :twisted: :mrgreen:
I'm sure that (34 yr old :? ) is not too pickled like tha rest of ya, to know that??? :mrgreen: :D :D
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

chibichibi01 wrote:
Hanineal wrote:As I see it, Nadette is just stating her position in a clear and undeniable manner. What reply Atsali makes is quite another thing.

I'm pretty sure at one point she mentioned "Boys, girls, i don't care" but its late and I'm lazy
"I like boys and girls, but I don't think that Jacob knew that."
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
illiad

Post by illiad »

I'm sure its like people *expect* you to be right handed, etc, etc... :/
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

chibichibi01 wrote:
Thor wrote:You know, Atsali has still not actually agreed to be Nadette's girlfriend...
Yeeaaah, that might just be the kicker here. I'm all for showing affection, but consensual "all parties are aware before hand there will be affection". Nadette, please stop until Atsali says yes. Silence is not consent, not even for kissing. You're being a too pushy.
Agreed.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

illiad wrote:I'm sure its like people *expect* you to be right handed, etc, etc... :/
Or how people forget "ambidextrous" is a thing.

I'm only ambidextrous in the sense that I can use either hand pretty well to do most things (though I do favor the right). Kinsey 0, in case anyone is wondering.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

Yeah. The print is cute, and thematic to current events and all. But this was... Pushy is definitely the way to describe it I think. Possibly also embarrassing given it was done within viewing distance of a lot of classmates. I'm not sure Nadette had actually ever smooched her 'accidentally' in public before.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I have to admit, I'm disappointed in Nadette... There's a big difference between Atsali apologizing for missing clues before, and therefore inadvertently hurting Nadette's feelings, and her acquiescing to Nadette's feelings.

To me, it feels like Nadette is taking advantage of the situation, right now.
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

But as someone pointed out, this probably wouldn't lead to a realistic situation given the print that's available. I'm not sure there's too many people that wouldn't freak out just a bit after that, she has the whole fish-on-dry-land look she usually has when Nadette has done this stuff so her mind is still processing.