Like A Sad Sack 2012-08-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Bathorys Daughter

Re: Like A Sad Sack 2012-08-23

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

NOTDilbert wrote:Could be - although on a 'gals only' beach she could have just gone neckers - as could they all - unless that's not a 100% guaranteed uninhabited island?
I don't know about anyone else, but I would not just go naked even if only other females were around. I would be just as em-bare-assed to get naked in front of them as I would in mixed company.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Julie wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Uh....

just noticed....

Shelly's wearing a different swimsuit than in the pinup page. This one has straps.

(No, I am NOT the fashion police. Look at my gravatar, for pity's sake...)
Gah! You're right! Maybe she was doing the thing that some ladies do when tanning by pulling the straps down and tucking them away to not have those tan lines??
Could be - although on a 'gals only' beach she could have just gone neckers - as could they all - unless that's not a 100% guaranteed uninhabited island?
Hay - e're watching, aren't we?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Fairportfan wrote: Hay - we're watching, aren't we?
Yup yup. That's why we still got the YA rating, so the trans-dimensional periscope Paul uses will only get swimsuits, no neckered girls. (c8
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Yup yup. That's why we still got the YA rating, so the trans-dimensional periscope Paul uses will only get swimsuits, no neckered girls. (c8
But Brandi....http://wapsisquare.com/comic/kind-of-damage/
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Jabberwonky wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:
But Brandi....http://wapsisquare.com/comic/kind-of-damage/
Well, YEAH - He doesn't GO there, he just looks and Draws.....sheesh, gotta 'splain the technolumgey stuff over and over... (c8|
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

NOTDilbert wrote: Could be - although on a 'gals only' beach she could have just gone neckers - as could they all - unless that's not a 100% guaranteed uninhabited island?
For that matter, Nudge usually runs around in just her fur, but on this "deserted" beach she has a bikini. She looks very fetching, too.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

davids4250 wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote: Could be - although on a 'gals only' beach she could have just gone neckers - as could they all - unless that's not a 100% guaranteed uninhabited island?
For that matter, Nudge usually runs around in just her fur, but on this "deserted" beach she has a bikini. She looks very fetching, too.
I don't see a stick in her mouth...

(drops wooden nickels in the pun jar)
Julie

Post by Julie »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I would not just go naked even if only other females were around. I would be just as em-bare-assed to get naked in front of them as I would in mixed company.
Me too...I've been okay in locker rooms before, but even then it's a little uncomfortable. In the open? Definitely going to wear a suit.

Maybe it's because women are so stinking self-conscious about their appearance...or comparing themselves to someone else...maybe that explains my discomfort. *shrugs*
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Julie wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I would not just go naked even if only other females were around. I would be just as em-bare-assed to get naked in front of them as I would in mixed company.
Me too...I've been okay in locker rooms before, but even then it's a little uncomfortable. In the open? Definitely going to wear a suit.

Maybe it's because women are so stinking self-conscious about their appearance...or comparing themselves to someone else...maybe that explains my discomfort. *shrugs*
I think women are more conditioned to care about how they look--and even minimum clothing can do lots to help a person look good. It takes a fantastic body to look good nude. Which is one reason to turn the lights down when getting "romantic" . . . :o
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

bmonk wrote:I think women are more conditioned to care about how they look--and even minimum clothing can do lots to help a person look good. It takes a fantastic body to look good nude. Which is one reason to turn the lights down when getting "romantic" . . . :o
And that is extremely rare. Everyone's bodies have some sort of "problems" and blemishes. I've seen pictures of some of those great looking models naked and they looked really bad. Most were way too thin for their body type. Not really appealing once you get a good look. Of course there are women who have no problem with showing every square inch (close up), but most of us aren't like that. Not only for looks but for moral reasons as well.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

bmonk wrote:I think women are more conditioned to care about how they look--and even minimum clothing can do lots to help a person look good. It takes a fantastic body to look good nude. Which is one reason to turn the lights down when getting "romantic" . . . :o
When I turn off the living room light...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
illiad

Post by illiad »

well you haven't been to Rio, Mexico, or Mediterranean Europe... I find most women from those places have no problems!! :D :D :P
Julie

Post by Julie »

illiad wrote:
well you haven't been to Rio, Mexico, or Mediterranean Europe... I find most women from those places have no problems!! :D :D :P
They've had different cultural conditioning than American women. :) I'm a tad jealous.
"Just open your eyes
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Julie wrote:
illiad wrote:
They've had different cultural conditioning than American women. :) I'm a tad jealous.
It's not all good, imagine a 60 yo German grandmother topless on the beaches of Tailand.... :shock:
Julie

Post by Julie »

Jabberwonky wrote:It's not all good, imagine a 60 yo German grandmother topless on the beaches of Tailand.... :shock:
Not all good for the people wanting to enjoy a bit of voyeuristic ogling maybe. :P It's very good for the self-esteems of those ladies who have learned to not care what people think and/or be proud of their bodies, however they've been formed. :)
"Just open your eyes