Like A Sad Sack 2012-08-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Bathorys Daughter

Re: Like A Sad Sack 2012-08-23

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

I still want to know who poited them there? Is there a third character waiting in the wings (pun intended)?
Last edited by Bathorys Daughter on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Knighttrap wrote:Then Shelly goes and drops a bomb and clears the air with one word.
I agree about the bomb, but did she really "clear" the air?
Bathorys Daughter wrote:(pun intended)
Well, if it was intended, shouldn't you also intend to pay the pun jar? (And follow through with the intention...)
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Hoof hearted.
Ice melted.
Bathorys Daughter

lake_wrangler wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:(pun intended)
Well, if it was intended, shouldn't you also intend to pay the pun jar? (And follow through with the intention...)
Yeah ok, plink-plink-plink-plink-plink-plink-plink-plink-plink-plink-plink-plink-plink-I pay in pennies-plink-plink-plink-plink-plink-plink-plink-plink-plink-plink-plink-plink-plink-plink- ...
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Wrecker

Post by Wrecker »

Yay, short-haired Shelly! I missed her! :D
Bathorys Daughter

TheDOCTOR wrote: ... I'd hate to think Phix is going to be up in The Library alone, friendless ...
That tends to happen when you start eating those around you, friend or not. Even Nudge may be a bit reluctant to be around her for a while. At least until Phix bathes and brushes her teeth.

Anyway, I think Phix would be used to being alone and friendless since that's pretty much the way it was for her for thousands of years. She would remember how short humans lives are. Monica goes away now, or goes away by death 60 years from now, she still goes away and Phix still goes on without her. Out of thousands upon thousands of years, that time is nothing. Even if it takes years for Monica to pay her another visit, she'll be fine doing what she always did. I seriously doubt Monica's absence will be that much of a big deal to a being like Phix. Of course that would just be my opinion. How Paul treats the subject will probably be very different.
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

Julie wrote:
chibichibi01 wrote:Though, I have to wonder, she's been turned to ice TWICE why hasn't she tried to do the same thing to Euryale?
Ya know...I've been wondering about that. I wonder if the person who is frozen kind of shuts down mentally (after all, their brain is iced too). If that's the case, then Monica may only remember the split second before the freezing and then the kiss that brought her back. That's not exactly something that would inspire fear.

Maybe if she saw Euryale do it to someone else she'd be able to get a better mental grip on what she's experienced, but I don't know if that would even be enough to make it frightening...it can be undone quickly, easily, and painlessly after all.
Remember the first time she got iced though, she really freaked out afterwards.

Now that i think about it though, it could just have been the shock of meeting a Gorgon and not the frozen hand of "death" that freaked her out. -clink-
ImageImage
Julie

Post by Julie »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:I still want to know who poited them there? Is there a third character waiting in the wings (pun intended)?
If Monday's page is anything to go by, there appear to be four "poiters" present at the beach. Any of them could have done it...or all of them since there are two confirmed non-poiters (Nudge and Shelly) and two assumed non-poiters (Tina and Euryale)...each poiter brings a "guest". :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

PrettyPrincess wrote:Shelly reminds me of my foster daughter, except she says "I fluffed."
My granddaughters (four and six) call it a "spider bark"
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

I think our dear Shelly Bean is just a tiny bit wasted...
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Prester Fred wrote:I think our dear Shelly Bean is just a tiny bit wasted...
Sometimes that is a useful thing to be.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Mark N wrote:
Prester Fred wrote:I think our dear Shelly Bean is just a tiny bit wasted...
Sometimes that is a useful thing to be.
Yes, and in any case it's best not to be too critical of those who occasionally tipple a bit. A waste is a terrible thing to mind.

(drops the price of a martini in the Pun Jar. Shelly, if you want an Echidna, you'll have to promise not to spill it this time, or buy it yourself)
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

as363 wrote:I came - I saw - I VOTED !
Duuude......oh, voted. Okay. Cool. (c8
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Uh....

just noticed....

Shelly's wearing a different swimsuit than in the pinup page. This one has straps.

(No, I am NOT the fashion police. Look at my gravatar, for pity's sake...)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote: ... I'd hate to think Phix is going to be up in The Library alone, friendless ...
That tends to happen when you start eating those around you, friend or not. Even Nudge may be a bit reluctant to be around her for a while. At least until Phix bathes and brushes her teeth.
And take her blouse to the cleaners... let's not forget that...
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:
And take her blouse to the cleaners... let's not forget that...
I think it's gonna take more than that. Maybe a visit to the mall?
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

bmonk wrote: I think it's gonna take more than that. Maybe a visit to the mall?
You mean to the maul?

-throws a set of Munchkin into the pun jar-
ImageImage
Julie

Post by Julie »

NOTDilbert wrote:Uh....

just noticed....

Shelly's wearing a different swimsuit than in the pinup page. This one has straps.

Gah! You're right! Maybe she was doing the thing that some ladies do when tanning by pulling the straps down and tucking them away to not have those tan lines??
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

If I hadn't been engaged in an archive trawl, I would've missed the call-back.

Set the wayback machine for July 28, 2011. 13 months - not the longest callback in webcomic history, but pretty good nonetheless.
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Julie wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Uh....

just noticed....

Gah! You're right! Maybe she was doing the thing that some ladies do when tanning by pulling the straps down and tucking them away to not have those tan lines??
Could be - although on a 'gals only' beach she could have just gone neckers - as could they all - unless that's not a 100% guaranteed uninhabited island?