Went To Bat 2015-06-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Prester Fred

Re: Went To Bat 2015-06-23

Post by Prester Fred »

zachariah wrote: I lean toward it being a siren thing. Enables them to eat people without worrying about facial expressions or body language.
You're assuming sirens eat people. It's already been established that parts of Greek mythology are propaganda, so I rule that out as an authoritative source. And we've had no other indication in WS itself.

"You must have heard the story
The blind man says we do it just for sport
It's a myth and no more
Just goes to show you can't believe everything that you read
We just come to this beach to sing"
--Sirens AKA The Siren's Song
(as heard on the Pyrates Royale album Keep Calm and Seek Revenge)
Last edited by Prester Fred on Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Catawampus wrote:Artists also have their own personal limitations on what they're comfortable showing.
over expectant much??? a nip or two wont break the web...
grrlpowercomic.com has a few good links at the bottom of page... venture if you dare...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

illiad wrote:
Catawampus wrote:Artists also have their own personal limitations on what they're comfortable showing.
over expectant much??? a nip or two wont break the web...
grrlpowercomic.com has a few good links at the bottom of page... venture if you dare...
If you're dealing with PayPal it might break your PayPal account.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
illiad

Post by illiad »

I dont see Paypal on the wapsi comic website..and it also has ads for PG18 websites...

Of course, if you dont host your own website, you have to follow their hosting rules.. Pibgorn had worse problems AFAIK, they thought his characters were too curvy, did not believe they werent naked...
AnotherFairportfan

illiad wrote:I dont see Paypal on the wapsi comic website..and it also has ads for PG18 websites...

Of course, if you dont host your own website, you have to follow their hosting rules.. Pibgorn had worse problems AFAIK, they thought his characters were too curvy, did not believe they werent naked...
If you're selling through eBay you almost have to deal with PayPal.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Leak

Post by Leak »

illiad wrote:I dont see Paypal on the wapsi comic website..
Those "Buy Now" buttons next to the prints look very PayPal-y to me...
AnotherFairportfan

Leak wrote:
Just clicked one. They are.
illiad

Post by illiad »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Leak wrote:
Just clicked one. They are.
Yet there is NO CLUE that they are. (no link address or description, could be *anyone's* graphic...) - even when you get to paypal, NO REF of where that came from.. (except that you know..) and other websites I have seen do mention paypal - but not wapsi... :P
AnotherFairportfan

illiad wrote: Yet there is NO CLUE that they are. (no link address or description, could be *anyone's* graphic...) - even when you get to paypal, NO REF of where that came from.. (except that you know..) and other websites I have seen do mention paypal - but not wapsi... :P
Ummm, the link from the button begins"paypal.com", and the PayPal logo is clearly visible on the page it leads to.
illiad

Post by illiad »

now thats odd... maybe adblock doing too much... :/
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

illiad wrote:I dont see Paypal on the wapsi comic website..and it also has ads for PG18 websites...

Well, technically, both Pib and Dru (and what's-her-name the hair fairy) often go naked. Not as often as Berdine and Nadette, but when they go naked they look like they are wearing modified body suits rather than current fashion.
AnotherFairportfan

Warrl wrote:

Well, technically, both Pib and Dru (and what's-her-name the hair fairy) often go naked. Not as often as Berdine and Nadette, but when they go naked they look like they are wearing modified body suits rather than current fashion.
Oognat
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Oognat
wat
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
illiad

Post by illiad »

you mean this?? :)
googling that gets a whole lot of fancy art.. :P :D
Dave

Post by Dave »

illiad wrote:you mean this?? :)
googling that gets a whole lot of fancy art.. :P :D
And Oognat is definitely an expert on scary stuff, and Orwellian totalitariansm. Along with many other hair fairies (and humans) she was forced to leave her original home in Europe during World War II, when the Nazis invaded. The hair fairies never did go back... too many painful memories.

She stayed in France as long as she could, but finally had to flee for her life... one of the last to make it out safely. As is traditional for fairies, she changed her name when she moved... reversing it, to commemorate the reversal in her fortunes.

She was the last Tangoo in Paris.

(Drops an old film projector into the Pun Jar)
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Dave wrote:She was the last Tangoo in Paris.
:shock:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

"What are you doing with that butter?..."

"Hey!, Stop That!..."
illiad

Post by illiad »

:lol: at least these days we have summat that does not stink, when waking in the morn... :o
illiad

Post by illiad »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
illiad wrote: Yet there is NO CLUE that they are. (no link address or description, could be *anyone's* graphic...) - even when you get to paypal, NO REF of where that came from.. (except that you know..) and other websites I have seen do mention paypal - but not wapsi... :P
Ummm, the link from the button begins"paypal.com", and the PayPal logo is clearly visible on the page it leads to.
ah, found that it needed to show ALT text... :) fixed!

And just found that RavensDojo are moving house too! :roll:
*** be CAREFUL, a lot of previous pages not really safe for work, but lots of NSFW wallpapers for sale on paypal... :D