To Her Face 2012-08-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Yamara

To Her Face 2012-08-22

Post by Yamara »

Gorgons seem t' be mahghty good at shamin'.

Handy skill for a guardian.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Mark N

Re: To Her Face 2012-08-22

Post by Mark N »

Tell it round the mountain gorgon girl. :twisted:

Well someone needed to kick Monica in her B.S. maker.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

"Look at me when Ah'm talkin' to you!" - Euryale

TlalocW
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

*giggles uncontrollably at happysnake*

:lol:
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Good southern advice from a good southern girl.

There should be finger-snaps...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

TlalocW wrote:"Look at me when Ah'm talkin' to you!" - Euryale

With the attention the snakes are now giving Monica, and how upset Euryale is, I don't think Mon should even glance at her!
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I'm wondering if M is turning to not be frozen or is someone/something else coming?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Mashivan

Post by Mashivan »

I was wondering who was going to shame her into seeing the errors of her way, I just didn't expect it to to be Euryale, and in the very next strip to boot. I do realize however, that Monica is still recovering and she'll need more time to recover. I hope Paul can really make this a powerful and moving epiphany for us to read, but I'm confident in his abilities.
Black holes are where God divided by zero -Steven Wright
Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine -Nikola Tesla
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Well now.. Euriyale is seriously slapping some sense in M.

Normally it would be Amanda, but I doubt if she's completely informed afa the latest developments go.

Luckily, by her red cheeks, M is realizing that her knee-jerk reaction wasn't very nice, to say the least.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Shaming her will get her to rethink but it won't fix the basic problem. There are deeper issues inside Monica that she doesn't want to face or admit. monica needs someone to help her deal with the deeper issues or eventually she really will implode. I'm begining to suspect it will take someone other than the current group to get her to open up. It will have to be someone who can gain her trust a great amount. Maybe a time travel poit is needed so she can talk with her G'Pa Sullivan. That would be real interesting to see.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

zachariah wrote:Shaming her will get her to rethink but it won't fix the basic problem. There are deeper issues inside Monica that she doesn't want to face or admit. monica needs someone to help her deal with the deeper issues or eventually she really will implode. I'm begining to suspect it will take someone other than the current group to get her to open up. It will have to be someone who can gain her trust a great amount. Maybe a time travel poit is needed so she can talk with her G'Pa Sullivan. That would be real interesting to see.
I have been wondering when G'Pa Sullivan died; or more to the point, did he die. From the way Monica has described him, he sounds a lot like Euryale's dad. But it is more likely that sage wisdom is the same in any time-period.
Also she does sort of have an elder to go through this with. After all, May was her teacher for several years growing up, Monica just didn't know that.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
BikerScum

Post by BikerScum »

Somebody remind me - do we know who Euryale's dad is?
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

zachariah wrote:Shaming her will get her to rethink but it won't fix the basic problem. There are deeper issues inside Monica that she doesn't want to face or admit. monica needs someone to help her deal with the deeper issues or eventually she really will implode. I'm begining to suspect it will take someone other than the current group to get her to open up. It will have to be someone who can gain her trust a great amount. Maybe a time travel poit is needed so she can talk with her G'Pa Sullivan. That would be real interesting to see.
I certainly hope time-travel poits aren't possible in Wapsi. We've got enough people running about over multiple cycles and having to be in several places at once. If it turns out you could just step back and alter/redo something (or even if time flows the same regardless what you do in the past, ala Terminator 1), Jin's going to mentally snap again.

As far as trust goes, maybe its the exact opposite. She may need to hear from someone she doesn't trust but knows the situation and individuals involved, and see how the other side thinks. Someone who has, in essence, been in the same situation as her (alone, managing 3 planet-smashers, and constantly feeling weak and inferior around other immortals/supernaturals). And someone she can lash out at and physically vent if she needs to do so without the fear of causing lasting injury to either party.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

BikerScum wrote:Somebody remind me - do we know who Euryale's dad is?
According to the Wikipedia, Phorcys (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phorcys). The god of 'hidden dangers of the deep'. Stinky may be one of his pets...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Sonicthunder said:
As far as trust goes, maybe its the exact opposite. She may need to hear from someone she doesn't trust but knows the situation and individuals involved, and see how the other side thinks. Someone who has, in essence, been in the same situation as her (alone, managing 3 planet-smashers, and constantly feeling weak and inferior around other immortals/supernaturals). And someone she can lash out at and physically vent if she needs to do so without the fear of causing lasting injury to either party.

Interesting point. You might be right with this. Anyone she trusts would be too close to the action to be netural enough. But if Monica can't trust them why would she liten to them? Anyone new would take a lot of time to build a connection so Monica would even be willing to listen. And she has all that experience with lying deamons to encourage her to trust easily doesn't she.

As to finding her a punching bag for her emotions do you hear anyone volunterring? I don't. I wonder if it isn't Teopez we need for Monica. He's small and non threatening. He's indestructible. No matter how much abuse he gets he always bounces back. He has offered her sage advice in the past as well. If worse come to worse he can instantly get her drunk enough to talk. Besides as Jin says He has such a cute little blue butt that Monica will be charmed.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

BikerScum wrote:Somebody remind me - do we know who Euryale's dad is?
If Paul follows the mythology, it's Phorcys, a primordial sea-god.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Paul, line three, panel one, is that "at" supposed to be a "ta"?

Didn't expect Erayle to jump on this that fast, but I'm glad to see she did.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Boxilar wrote: Didn't expect Erayle to jump on this that fast, but I'm glad to see she did.
She's had two weeks of watching Monica trying to crawl up her own ... existence.

She has Had It.

And Monica is Getting It.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Shademaker

Post by Shademaker »

Lessee...Mon can dodge bullets and volcanoes...the GGs could destroy the earth by clapping their hands...she has a friend trickster who could prolly convince others to give her the earth...a shadow girl with unknown powers...and she's freaked out by a flying cat???

Has she ever seen a cat eat a mouse or squirrel? Phix will lick herself clean (now that's a disturbing thought), Mon will end up with a more realistic view of Phix and will get over her preconceptions.

Any powerful friend can be quite disturbing. It's how they use their abilities and authority that matters.
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

Monica's current issue is that she withdrew into herself. If she'd talked to somone (Darren or Tina, probably), she might not still be in the sad place.
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"