Get A Grip 2015-06-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Get A Grip 2015-06-17

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Jessie finally snaps!

Link!

Last panel - Jessievision?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
DilyV

Re: Get A Grip 2015-06-17

Post by DilyV »

giggles maniacally....

You hate to see it because Atsali truly IS confused... but damn... you knew it was coming! I just thought Jessie would choke out one of the gang... not Atsali!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Primitive, but effective...

Atsali's mind's caught in a blur
as all her teen angst now occur
But Jessie says " 'NUFF
OF YOUR EMO STUFF"
and chokes the dog snot out of her

... is THAT how you do the reset button on a siren?
Last edited by Sgt. Howard on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Jessie finally snaps!

Link!

Last panel - Jessievision?
That would be my guess... Jessievision.

EDIT: Sooooo... I imagine the lifeguard is blowing the whistle and yelling: "NO SEAHORSING AROUND IN THE POOL!!!!"

"drops a packet of seamonkeys into the pun jar*
Last edited by DilyV on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

She finally did what all or at lest a lot of us had wanted to do for a while. At lest this lesson didn't require the persons heart to be punched out. pity she has blonde hair, if it was red this would be a ginger snap.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Atsali, I love you girl, but sometimes I think you have neutronium between your ears you're so dense. Better than hard vacuum, but only by a little. :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I've gotta give Jessie props for having held back this long. Whether this is JessieVision or reality, she certainly had enough !?!?!?! stored up to need a good venting... :lol:
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Just be glad the JessieVision question may be answered in 24-hours, and not 72-hours.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Hah!

Jessie is a réal friend, as réal friends are the ones to shake the living daylights outta ýa when You're rambling utter nonsense.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

I'm hearing a coffee can with superballs bouncing around inside.

Go, Jessie, go!
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Was it before I got to the pool?
Was it something I did at school?
Did I let a secret leak?
Or 'cause I'm a gangly geek?
I fear asking will be of no use,
Since now I sound like Dr. Seuss.
Brasten

Post by Brasten »

"I just told my mother off for you, you absolute dork! Graceless geek! Queen nerd!"

On a related note, it is amazing that a Siren-Incubus has almost no ability to read people. Is it a side effect of Atsali suppressing her nature(s) in her fear of "being one of those Sirens"? Or is it due to already revealed tragedies in her life (loss of parents, loss of who was likely a close friend/sister-of-the-heart).
bunny

Post by bunny »

Brasten wrote:On a related note, it is amazing that a Siren-Incubus has almost no ability to read people. Is it a side effect of Atsali suppressing her nature(s) in her fear of "being one of those Sirens"? Or is it due to already revealed tragedies in her life (loss of parents, loss of who was likely a close friend/sister-of-the-heart).
Well, they both got natural ability to control or lead, so I understand they might not bother to ask, what their targets think about it.
But I think the major point belongs to being a nerd girl interest more of books and adventures than contacts with others. Well, before she started gaining new friends.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

No, no, not that way. That just cuts oxygen to the brain, and makes it worse. Remember, the reason you have hammerspace is for the hammer. I would suggest a cluebyfour, but that doesn't work on her, for some reason.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Brasten wrote:"I just told my mother off for you, you absolute dork! Graceless geek! Queen nerd!"

On a related note, it is amazing that a Siren-Incubus has almost no ability to read people. Is it a side effect of Atsali suppressing her nature(s) in her fear of "being one of those Sirens"? Or is it due to already revealed tragedies in her life (loss of parents, loss of who was likely a close friend/sister-of-the-heart).
Possibly Atsali was born with a touch of the equivalent of Asperger syndrome? A deficit in the ability to "read" facial expressions, body language, tone of voice, etc. is characteristic of this syndrome. (I think somebody raised this idea in discussion a couple of years ago, when we first met Atsali during Kath's Big Adventure.) It's perhaps not quite as pronounced as Brandi's (which I believe Paul did confirm at some point) but Atsali does seem to show it.

If so, it might be specific to Atsali, or it might be a general characteristic of Sirens. We haven't been told much about Sirens as a species... they're predators (sexual and perhaps otherwise) but we don't know if they have big social groups (as humans do) or if they are mostly solitary.

If the latter, they might just not have ever developed/evolved good nonverbal communications skills, because they didn't need them... no selective advantage. Or, they could have lost them at some point, just as cats lost the ability to taste sweetness... again, no selective disadvantage to the loss.

I'd say that in being shoved into the role of school Social Queen with a limitation like this, Atsali is like a fish out of water... but that may be how Jessie feels too, being a mermaid and all... :)
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Brasten wrote:"I just told my mother off for you, you absolute dork! Graceless geek! Queen nerd!"

Why would they need to read people when they control them? As in if i wanted your opinion i would have given it to you. They are master manipulators even surpassing my first ex wife.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

oldmanmickey wrote:

Why would they need to read people when they control them? As in if i wanted your opinion i would have given it to you. They are master manipulators even surpassing my first ex wife.
A Manipulator suggests that the victim has some kind of choice in the matter and is just intricately guided to the intended choice by the Siren's song... I've always thought that the siren's song removed any choice from the victim, leaving only following the song as a viable option. That's not Manipulation, it's mind control.

Right about now, Jessievision Atsali is probably starting to sing this:

Vitrbjorn

Post by Vitrbjorn »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Primitive, but effective...

Atsali's mind's caught in a blur
as all her teen angst now occur
But Jessie says " 'NUFF
OF YOUR EMO STUFF"
and chokes the dog snot out of her

... is THAT how you do the reset button on a siren?
That is how you do a reset on a teen, not sure about a siren.
That which does not kill you but makes you stronger only shows you to a different level of predator.
Be careful lest the gods devour you in your new strength.
illiad

Post by illiad »

yup, 'fish out of water'... :/
She is just a poor ditzy girl, wanting to go adventuring... and got W A Y too much... :roll: she get 'fame' thrust upon her.. she did not want to bother about the 'news' about her...
(like most 'hero soldiers' they say they are 'just doing their job' and want to go back to their family, and be treated like any other 'anonymous' people..)

she just wanted to live a 'normal' life - she is an orphan, so I guess she does not even have any 'background' from parents of how to deal with her lack of abilities etc...

and then bud et al dream up this 'plan'... :roll: :roll: :roll:
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Hey, be careful- Atsali might have a wardrobe malfunction from too much mishandling...

(Some stuff is foreshadowed but never comes to pass...)