Everyone Will Want Some 2015-06-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Cheesy1

Everyone Will Want Some 2015-06-08

Post by Cheesy1 »

captnq

Re: Everyone Will Want Some 2015-06-08

Post by captnq »

Why the BSOD in the third panel? Is she surprised Atsali can... talk to people?
I'm not getting this plot arc at all.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

facepalm
That is all.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

captnq wrote:Why the BSOD in the third panel? Is she surprised Atsali can... talk to people?
Yes, the fish underestimated the bird.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

That look of sheer happiness on Devyn's face is priceless...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Considering that the bird is a marine raptor that CATCHES fish, such underestimation could have Serious and Far-Reaching Consequences...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

One is of the opinion that Jessie is an only child, and fails to recognise the essential elder-sister/sibling-crisis-averting-skills...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Well, that escalated^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H compensated quickly!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Ohnhai

Post by Ohnhai »

I saw that MLP reference, you threw in there.. Oh yes I did. And don't think I didnt. :D
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

I don't know what Jess expected, but I don't think it was that.

Atsali Sirena Gilchrist, she makes awkward FUN!
Thor

Post by Thor »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:One is of the opinion that Jessie is an only child, and fails to recognise the essential elder-sister/sibling-crisis-averting-skills...
Considering Jesse's brother is dating Jacob the Goat Boy, no one is of that opinion.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Looks to me like Jessie did not know Stali was fluent in dork.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
captnq

Post by captnq »

oldmanmickey wrote:Looks to me like Jessie did not know Stali was fluent in dork.
Ah. Got it now.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

captnq wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:Looks to me like Jessie did not know Stali was fluent in dork.
Ah. Got it now.
You can catch more dorks with flies than honey!

Also: Ridikulus works on more than bogarts! Properly used it is capable of breaking mental trance states by derailing thought trains.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
eee

Post by eee »

I would suspect someone pulled that line on Atsali once when SHE was standing around out-mouthed, and she never forgot it. And how she's had the chance to pass it on...

Devyn, don't forget to ask if your chicken friends can come over and hang with Atsali, too.

(Jessie is really being a good friend, here. Not only did she engineer at least one of the girls coming over and talking to Atsali, she's gone and stomped on her mother for causing Atsali problems, and then come back and tried to keep Devyn functioning. I hope 'Sali realizes the former Queen Bee is so thoroughly in her corner.)
AnotherFairportfan

Thor wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:One is of the opinion that Jessie is an only child, and fails to recognise the essential elder-sister/sibling-crisis-averting-skills...
Considering Jesse's brother is dating Jacob the Goat Boy, no one is of that opinion.
Duh. I wasn't awake.

Then one suspects she's the younger?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Bingo. :)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

eee wrote:I would suspect someone pulled that line on Atsali once when SHE was standing around out-mouthed, and she never forgot it. And how she's had the chance to pass it on...
I would suspect you are right. ;)
Devyn, don't forget to ask if your chicken friends can come over and hang with Atsali, too.
They're all probably standing just off screen, just as flabbergasted at what Atsali said.
(Jessie is really being a good friend, here. Not only did she engineer at least one of the girls coming over and talking to Atsali, she's gone and stomped on her mother for causing Atsali problems, and then come back and tried to keep Devyn functioning. I hope 'Sali realizes the former Queen Bee is so thoroughly in her corner.)
This is Atsali we're talking about. She's so clueless, she probably didn't even see Jessie talking to her mother.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:This is Atsali we're talking about. She's so clueless, she probably didn't even see Jessie talking to her mother.
Yeah, she was probably still knee-deep in her own I-wish-I-was-as-normal-as-them reverie.

Speaking of mothers, though... I wonder what would happen if Ms. Gotlieb, her own crazy/evil mother who is yet to be named, and Thymbris ever happened to end up in the same room at the same time? Would having three such powerful nodes of Bad Mothering in close proximity trigger some sort of disasterous singularity, or would the inherent balance of the Universe kick in to save us all by summoning the spirit of June Cleaver as compensation, or what?
Which is a bit odd, since Jessie originally ranked Atsali as a nerd

The Nerd and Dork clans, although not identical, do overlap a lot on the social Venn diagrams; they're both looked down upon as being terminally uncool by the Social Climbers and the Jocks.

My impression is their languages and accents don't differ more than, say, the Brooklynese ("Moityl evenya") and Edinburghian ("Mare-tyl ahhvenuu") dialects of English. ;)

Atsali did just demonstrate a skill of social grace and coolness which has everything to do with who she is, and nothing to do with the celebrity status of the high-powered paras that she happens to know (and be related to). Dork-language or otherwise, I think that's what startled Jessie... the padawan just surpassed the master.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Ha! Gotta love paranormal logic: "Don't get flies in your mouth... you'll make the others jealous!" :lol: