Just Spring Something 2015-06-05

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Just Spring Something 2015-06-05

Post by jwhouk »

Linky

She should consider becoming a "smoke eater" for all the fires she's been putting out...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
shadowinthelight

Re: Just Spring Something 2015-06-05

Post by shadowinthelight »

Great, no one bothered to oil her while she was squeaking so she seized up. :roll:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

TILT!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Bravo Base this is Bravo Charley- Light Marine Force Recon has herniated something between her ears. Little Tuna is rendering direction to Big Bird and attempting to un-seize Recon. Mother Tuna unrecovered from direct hit. Chasseur has left the building. Our heavies are currently suffering a bad case of giggles.

Bravo Base please check for me- does Recon have capacity to self-destruct in event of overload? If so, should I instigate evac 1? Over
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Yep, I think we should be calling Devyn the "Tin Woodsman" because she sure could use some oil with all that squeaking. :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jessie definitely has learned some valuable things over the years. Like, how to avoid accidentally putting somebody into a soul-flailing feedback spin.

The more time goes by, the more genuine and meaningful Jessie's offer to provide guidance looks to be! Lessons about how to not accidentally hurt someone with your personal power, are always worthy.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Now if Atsali could only use this power of flaking out young girls' brains for the side of good...
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

so was the tilt a result of the shocking news stali wanted to be like her of was it over the name of the aunt.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Brasten

Post by Brasten »

And Jessie, you shouldn't be telling Atsali that while in earshot of the worshipful. Such statements have indirect fire effects, as demonstrated. Poor Devyn, the double assault by "the Current School Super Star" and "Former Queen Bee" has completely fried her. Someone call a medic, we got a brain burn victim over here.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Bravo Base this is Bravo Charley- Light Marine Force Recon has herniated something between her ears. Little Tuna is rendering direction to Big Bird and attempting to un-seize Recon. Mother Tuna unrecovered from direct hit. Chasseur has left the building. Our heavies are currently suffering a bad case of giggles.

Bravo Base please check for me- does Recon have capacity to self-destruct in event of overload? If so, should I instigate evac 1? Over
Bravo Charley this is NORAD Actual, we copy you are declaring a Broken Arrow. Air support and MIB are in route to support the NDA zone. Will you require Medivac?
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

oldmanmickey wrote:so was the tilt a result of the shocking news stali wanted to be like her of was it over the name of the aunt.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

This Fridays' cliffhanger:

What is keeping Atsali from falling over?
illiad

Post by illiad »

jayessell wrote:This Fridays' cliffhanger:

:D note L O N G legs support, out of sight!!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by illiad on Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Brasten wrote:And Jessie, you shouldn't be telling Atsali that while in earshot of the worshipful. Such statements have indirect fire effects, as demonstrated.
On the other hand, we're not getting to see Atsali's expression upon being told that one of the girls she was envious of is "someone who worships you".
jayessell wrote:This Fridays' cliffhanger:

The sheer force of cute awkwardness radiating from Devyn?

Maybe we'll relieve the tension by a week's worth of images of Castela now that SHE'S AT THE POOL SHE'S AT THE POOL SHE'S AT THE POOL!!!! Castela pretending to be a kelp forest, Castela in tumbleweed form being used as a beach-ball by the teenaged girls, Castela having a nice photosynthesis lunch on a lounge chair. . .
eee

Post by eee »

What I find interesting is that Jessie knows Atsali well enough to realize what she was going to say to Devyn, and tried to get over there to prevent it. Either that or she's got paranormal hearing. Either way, she was too late and now we've got a hero worshiping miss who has just found out her hero would prefer to be like her.

Brain freeze. Brain breaky.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

oldmanmickey wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:Bravo Base this is Bravo Charley- Light Marine Force Recon has herniated something between her ears. Little Tuna is rendering direction to Big Bird and attempting to un-seize Recon. Mother Tuna unrecovered from direct hit. Chasseur has left the building. Our heavies are currently suffering a bad case of giggles.

Bravo Charley this is NORAD Actual, we copy you are declaring a Broken Arrow. Air support and MIB are in route to support the NDA zone. Will you require Medivac?
NORAD this is Bravo Charley- I have the 921 MASH with 265 MEDIVAC already on standby. Bunker is fitted with blast doors. Two cameras are in hardened viewports. What other protocols do you require for a Broken Arrow? over
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

kingklash wrote:Now if Atsali could only use this power of flaking out young girls' brains for the side of good...
This is not a power, just a fact of life. Teenagers mind are fragile things when nudged into areas outside of their certitude. Anyone can do this just by saying the right, or wrong, words to one of them. Just taking their most treasured conception of life, and the world, then poke a hole in it a truck can be driven through. Their eyes glaze over, thinking halts, and the speech center is disabled. Then as they say in IBM, "Hit Big Blue!".
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
NORAD this is Bravo Charley- I have the 921 MASH with 265 MEDIVAC already on standby. Bunker is fitted with blast doors. Two cameras are in hardened viewports. What other protocols do you require for a Broken Arrow? over
Bravo Charley I don't think this qualifies as a broken arrow. This appears to be an implosion, not an explosion. Besides the device was not lost was it? Just the operating instructions were misdirected.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

zachariah wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:
Bravo Charley I don't think this qualifies as a broken arrow. This appears to be an implosion, not an explosion. Besides the device was not lost was it? Just the operating instructions were misdirected.
Zachariah this is Bravo Charley- yes, it would seem our NBC NCO is somewhat baffled by the situation... it's not like we can take apart the young lady in question and diffuse her... there is concern about fallout, however- over
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

eee wrote:What I find interesting is that Jessie knows Atsali well enough to realize what she was going to say to Devyn, and tried to get over there to prevent it. Either that or she's got paranormal hearing. Either way, she was too late and now we've got a hero worshiping miss who has just found out her hero would prefer to be like her.

Brain freeze. Brain breaky.
Sorta suggests that Jessie had been through that sort of scenario herself, at least once. It might have happened during her own tenure as Queen Bee... we knew she wasn't all that fond of being in that role, and such an incident might be part of why she didn't care for the job.

Or, maybe, at a younger and more impressionable age, she was the brokee rather the broker, and found out that the diamonds of admiration were worthless.

The fact that she cared enough about it happening to Atsali and Devyn, and roared over to try to stop it... that's not quite the same young mermaid we first saw in the pool, making snide and cutting remarks about Sirens to her friend in order to assert her own social dominance over a newcomer.

Methinks Jessie is growing up, too.