Just Spring Something 2015-06-05

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Sgt. Howard

Re: Just Spring Something 2015-06-05

Post by Sgt. Howard »

captnq wrote:
themadkansan wrote:...It would be like someone you worship and idolize coming up to you and saying "Hi! Wanna trade places?" :mrgreen:
Uh, wouldn't believe it and assume he/she was just being polite. I clean people's asses and try to keep blood inside them against their will. Ever see someone whittle away the flesh from their arm while whistling? No pain. No reaction. Like... shaving wood? Cheerfully? Like it was funny? That's an image that will haunt you. The problem with my job is every once in a while you forget these people are insane, usually right before they remind you. There are times I long for the days when all I did what change depends. Instead of keeping inventory of every knife, scissor, and sharp in the building every 8 hours while having to write everything using special "soft" pens. And yet, somehow, these guys get razorblades. I can't buy razor blades at the store without a frickin cavity search! *Sigh* Who'd want to trade places with me?

Nope. Don't get it at all. You'd have to be supremely fragile to have that girl's reaction. Denial is a far more likely reaction.
I have worked on lockdown- the difference between staff and patients is that patients can actually get better. Pretty scary things I remember from that
oldmanmickey wrote:Agreed and i do appologize for getting to into what sarge was playing. again sorry if i upset anyone or got anyone overly confused.
I have to admit, I deliberately bait my commentary for the very reason we are discussing- this group represents no small amount of talent, and often enough the results are hilarious.
Hansontoons wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote: Annie has banned me from the kitchen having read about the stash that has gone to the confusion corner and tallied it against the grocery bill. I am dropping three John Denver 8tracks there and hope somebody has something that can play them... meanwhile, I gotta figure out the top of a 'Dutch Door' that is going onto Annie's greenhouse
Sounds like something that will involve a stray 2x4, couple of 1x4, a selection of random length sheetrock screws (my favorite!), wire, and some duct tape for a nice finish trim around the edges. And at least one trip (usually on my projects) to the big box store for one or two items that stretch into at least an hour of wandering the aisles wondering what else might be worthy of purchase during the visit.

So Atsali dropped the bomb,
wrecking Devyn's aplomb.
It will be interesting to see
what her reset will be,
shrill words from a tuna fish mom?

With apologies to Sarge, who seems to have a nose for prose.
... ?... not QUITE a limerick, but defiantly prose... if I may;

So Atsali has dropped a big bomb
thus wrecking poor Devyn's aplomb
'twould be interesting to see
what her reset will be
with shrill words from a Tuna Fish Mom...

... and YES, you obviously have been witness to my other projects with THAT accurate description...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

captnq wrote:
themadkansan wrote:...It would be like someone you worship and idolize coming up to you and saying "Hi! Wanna trade places?" :mrgreen:
Uh, wouldn't believe it and assume he/she was just being polite. I clean people's asses and try to keep blood inside them against their will. Ever see someone whittle away the flesh from their arm while whistling? No pain. No reaction. Like... shaving wood? Cheerfully? Like it was funny? That's an image that will haunt you. The problem with my job is every once in a while you forget these people are insane, usually right before they remind you. There are times I long for the days when all I did what change depends. Instead of keeping inventory of every knife, scissor, and sharp in the building every 8 hours while having to write everything using special "soft" pens. And yet, somehow, these guys get razorblades. I can't buy razor blades at the store without a frickin cavity search! *Sigh* Who'd want to trade places with me?

Nope. Don't get it at all. You'd have to be supremely fragile to have that girl's reaction. Denial is a far more likely reaction.
You're old. They're young. Reactions differ.

...besides - denial wouldn't be as funny, and in comics, Rule Of Funny trumps everything else. :)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

themadkansan wrote:Rule Of Funny trumps everything else. :)

yyyyep, oh and Atsali might be able to maintain that position if she's bent both at knees and waist.

(picture her knees below her bust, in that panel...)
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Sgt. Howard wrote:NORAD- North American Aerospace Defence Command, the people who freak out when you send a kite high enough with tin foil on it
And you don't wanna know what happens when you send up a balloon with a corner cube reflector inside it, and then collapse the reflector :twisted: :twisted: :ugeek: :shock:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:NORAD- North American Aerospace Defence Command, the people who freak out when you send a kite high enough with tin foil on it
And you don't wanna know what happens when you send up a balloon with a corner cube reflector inside it, and then collapse the reflector :twisted: :twisted: :ugeek: :shock:
Or a combination garment-bag-and-candle hot air balloon, a helium balloon for extra lift AND a corner-reflector ... on a moonless night ... near an international airport.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

... and here I was expecting an accusation of "And HOW do you know this?!?" regarding tin foil on a kite... I forget my company, it seems...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
as363

Post by as363 »

Oh well - less than 15 hours to the next installment....
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:
Or a combination garment-bag-and-candle hot air balloon, a helium balloon for extra lift AND a corner-reflector ... on a moonless night ... near an international airport.
A friend of mine did that one.

And no, i don't mean "...an *ahem* 'friend' of mine..."

I wasn't present at the actual launch, but i remember the newspapers...

How 2.

Since garment-bag balloons barely provide enough lift for themselves, my friend added a helium balloon with its (wire) string passing through the center of the hot air balloon to support the corner reflector dangling below.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I suspect Devyn may be a new cast member, in the role of "Atsali's Entourage Leader." :D
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

jwhouk wrote:I suspect Devyn may be a new cast member, in the role of "Atsali's Entourage Leader." :D
And how multiple guest artists had the gang go watch 2012, Atsali's group will go watch the new Entourage movie.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

jeffepp wrote:To put things in prespective, what Atsali was about the same as if you ran into Pippa Middleton, and she told you something that "Grandma 'Lizzy" did, while working on diesel trucks, back during the war.
.....Image
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I've always known Queenie had the Cuteness...
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

… "the last surviving head of state who served in uniform during the Second World War" …
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I wonder if on Remembrance Day she looks in the mirror and says, "Thank you for your service to your country."
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
louisxiv

Post by louisxiv »

jwhouk wrote:I wonder if on Remembrance Day she looks in the mirror and says, "Thank you for your service to your country."
Tsk.

“We thank you for your service to Our country”
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

A lady who I knew, Jane, served in the Royal Navy during the Second World War as an anti-aircraft gunner. At one point she was at an airfield when it was being bombed. She saw a visitor to the place not knowing where the shelters were, and jumped on her just before a bomb went off nearby. Jane got a concussion and a big dent on her helmet, but kept the visitor from getting injured. The visitor turned out to be the future Queen of England.

They kept in touch during the rest of the war and after. Jane ended up serving under one of those obnoxious martinets who likes to make up orders just for the sake of ordering their underlings around. At one point she forbade Jane's unit from wearing black nylon stockings (which were apparently a big thing at the time), declaring them to be improper for some reason.

Jane mentioned this to Elizabeth, who by this time was serving as well. Elizabeth drove out to where Jane was stationed, went up to the officer, and basically showed off her own black stockings that she was wearing with her uniform and said, “What's that you have to say about my uniform being improper?” The ban against black stockings was quietly dropped after that.