My Friend 2015-06-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

My Friend 2015-06-02

Post by jwhouk »

First: the URL.

Second: Mom. It HAD to be her mom.

Third: Think she's going to go ballistic if she ever finds out about Daniel?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Atomic

Re: My Friend 2015-06-02

Post by Atomic »

Of course she needs to complain! Atsali looks better than she does.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Fourth - Now we know what Beatrice Chatham looks like in the WapsiVerse...

EDIT: For those who don't get the reference...
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Darn. I was expecting Lilith.

==============

What is with Jesse's mother? Does she aspire to be the Texas Cheerleader Mother?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

jwhouk wrote:Fourth - Now we know what Beatrice Chatham looks like in the WapsiVerse...

EDIT: For those who don't get the reference...
Yeah, and Hanners sounds a lot like Jessie, there.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Bravo Charlie, you might want to call in the mortar support from the Big Guns (literally/figuratively).
Dave

Post by Dave »

I'm certain that there's something deep and suspicious going on here. I don't think it's just a question of looks.

I mean, Jessie's mom seems to be suffering from jalousie, but I think that's just window dressing.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Bravo Base this is Bravo Charley- Main player has been ID'd, it is 'Tuna Mommy', I say again it is 'Tuna Mommy'. Seems to be issue with 'Little Tuna's' loss of status, IE retaliatory strike. Chasseure is in full excuse mode and getting nowhere fast, will likely have to learn to flip dead animal parts at local fast-&-greasy. Heavy guns are not in play at this time, but seem to be in position... 'Tuna Mommy' seems in perfect killing zone and is totally unaware thereof. Request forty gallons of tartar sauce, over...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

"Negative, Bravo Charlie, have intel that Timekeeper's Daughter is allergic to tartar sauce. Suggest large grill and lots of sliced lemon with grated garlic, over..."
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

You really all seem to be overlooking the greatest thing from this page.

Jessie called Atsali her friend, and in retaliation over what her own mother had done. This proves her niceties towards Atsali aren't all an act, she really does think of her as a friend now. :3
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:I'm certain that there's something deep and suspicious going on here. I don't think it's just a question of looks.

I mean, Jessie's mom seems to be suffering from jalousie, but I think that's just window dressing.
<Extremely Dignified Silence>
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

jwhouk wrote:"Negative, Bravo Charlie, have intel that Timekeeper's daughter is allergic to tartar sauce. Suggest large grill and lots of sliced lemon with grated garlic, over..."
"... uh... roger that, Bravo base, uh,... how about some rice pilaf and steamed asparagus? ... and a decent Chablis, something Californian? Quartermaster has some in stock, I know for fact... wait a mo... action in mid echelon, heavies are moving in, I say again, heavies are moving in. Cameras still in motion, over
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

...oh, dear. Someone seems to think they are the big fish in the tank; someone has neglected to tell her that a container full of tigersharks was introduced this morning...
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

TheCollector wrote:You really all seem to be overlooking the greatest thing from this page.

Jessie called Atsali her friend, and in retaliation over what her own mother had done. This proves her niceties towards Atsali aren't all an act, she really does think of her as a friend now. :3
Bravo Base, I have some outside intel of note here...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

themadkansan wrote:...oh, dear. Someone seems to think they are the big fish in the tank; someone has neglected to tell her that a container full of tigersharks was introduced this morning...
With Frickin' laser beams on their frickin' heads!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

1. Puts out a big plate of cookies for whoever called this... I don't recall who it was, but I do remember it being called that Jessie's mom was the complainer...

2. Jessie's mom is quite proud of being a bitch...

3. No for much longer when she gets a load of who she's messing with.

Jessie's mom isn't incurring the wrath of an underaged Para like she may think she is... She's incurring the wrath of the Time Keeper's Daughter and the Demon Shepherd and Bud... AND POSEIDON... Lord of all undersea creatures. She's about to get it broke off in her ass clear to the knee... Jessie's mom is in deep kimchi and she doesn't even know it yet.

Dear Jessie's mom. Old Jedi Proverb... "There's always a bigger fish..."

EDIT: Drops a can of Chicken of the Sea in the pun jar in case I unwittingly let a pun or two slip... Sorry Charlie...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

TheCollector wrote:You really all seem to be overlooking the greatest thing from this page.

You're right. This was a good test. We know Jessie's been worried about Atsali's eventual reaction to what her brother did, and taking Atsali's side might have just been her own form of "damage control" (as she put it to Krystle)...

... but coming to Atsali's defense against her own mother, prob'ly means it's more than just tactics. She didn't protest her mother's bitchiness "because it'll make things worse", but because her friend was the target of it.

Loyalty. As they say, you don't get to choose the family you're born into, but you do get to choose your friends.

Seems that Jessie and her mom have very different ideas about what good "damage control" is. Same words, very distinct approaches.

I don't think we know yet why she was sniping at Atsali. Is she a prude, or jealous of a younger could-be rival, or is she so enmeshed in the social-dominance game that she resents Atsali having supplanted Jessie as the social focus of the school?
Sgt. Howard wrote:"... uh... roger that, Bravo base, uh,... how about some rice pilaf and steamed asparagus? ... and a decent Chablis, something Californian?
I think you want fava beans and a nice Chianti.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

DilyV wrote:EDIT: Drops a can of Chicken of the Sea in the pun jar in case I unwittingly let a pun or two slip... Sorry Charlie...
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Thor

Post by Thor »

I wonder if the elder Ms. Gotlieb has any idea of the fire she is playing with by harassing Atsali?

Also I wonder how one makes a living being a bitch? The only example I can think of is if she were doing the voice work for a reboot of the old Lassie series.

"What's that, girl? Timmy's stuck in the well? . . . What do you mean you pushed him in? . . . 'Damage control'? That's horrible. You're a bad dog, Lassie."
tombone

Post by tombone »

Now the big question is, who will be the first adult to intervene on behalf of Atsali - because it's a good bet that "mom" won't let well enough alone and will initiate a confrontation.

Personally, I'm hoping for Jin, because she is the most talented of the bunch of eviscerating someone without an ounce of compassion.
Of course, if things get really snippy, she's going to get to deal with a pissed-off mama-bear Katherine.