My Friend 2015-06-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Akeche

Re: My Friend 2015-06-02

Post by Akeche »

Well this is somewhat disappointing, and the general reactions here only reinforce that for me.

Once again a problem will be swept away thanks to powerful relatives, and that if I'm perfectly honest is boring as hell. Mind we don't know how much sway Mrs. Gotlieb actually has, the lot of you may just be underestimating her and overestimating Atsali's Auntie Posse. But that probably won't be the case.
tombone wrote:Now the big question is, who will be the first adult to intervene on behalf of Atsali - because it's a good bet that "mom" won't let well enough alone and will initiate a confrontation.

Personally, I'm hoping for Jin, because she is the most talented of the bunch of eviscerating someone without an ounce of compassion.
Of course, if things get really snippy, she's going to get to deal with a pissed-off mama-bear Katherine.
I want THIS. To hell with the tuna jokes, the quips about her being eaten by Shelly or Phix (the hell is wrong with you guys?). Just make it a good old fashioned harsh talking to, Mother-to-Mother.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Has it been established, that Katherine is currently with them?
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

It has not been established who is with them but it is very possible that Kath is with pickle. I keep seeing that teaser trailer of the new Jurassic Park movie where dino jumps out of the water and takes the great white in one gulp. While i dont know that blood shed is coming cant rule it out since we have seen a few kills before and both Phix and Shelly have mentioned enjoying defeated foes. One might also remember in mythology the merfolk trace their ancestry back to Poseidon and Amphitrite so mom there probably does think she is in her domain. All in all very pleased with this arch so far.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
captnq

Post by captnq »

No matter how far away, we still see the dirt bag mustache.

I dub thee, Jacques Whiplash.

Jacques, the french version of Jacob, or "Holder of the heel".

And whiplash, making him the French cousin to Snidely Whiplash.

Now he just needs a very sarcastic tea cup french poodle.
illiad

Post by illiad »

well, after the 'big guy' has got them removed, this may well happen... :D :D
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=917
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

captnq wrote:Now he just needs a very sarcastic tea cup french poodle.
... named Salomé.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Hmmm, now that you mention it, Katherine, in a bathing suit, at the pool is a wonderful idea.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Heh. I guessed this one. That doesn't happen often.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

jwhouk wrote:Fourth - Now we know what Beatrice Chatham looks like in the WapsiVerse...

EDIT: For those who don't get the reference...
A bit less neurotic, though.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

"Damage Control"? Seriously?

The only damage we'll see is when Queen Tuna gets her ego torpedoed after she finds out where the seven-foot booby actually fits in among the Important People. Rich and Social would die from lack of oxygen where Atsali soars.
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

DilyV wrote:1. Puts out a big plate of cookies for whoever called this... I don't recall who it was, but I do remember it being called that Jessie's mom was the complainer...

2. Jessie's mom is quite proud of being a bitch...

3. No for much longer when she gets a load of who she's messing with.

Jessie's mom isn't incurring the wrath of an underaged Para like she may think she is... She's incurring the wrath of the Time Keeper's Daughter and the Demon Shepherd and Bud... AND POSEIDON... Lord of all undersea creatures. She's about to get it broke off in her ass clear to the knee... Jessie's mom is in deep kimchi and she doesn't even know it yet.

Dear Jessie's mom. Old Jedi Proverb... "There's always a bigger fish..."

EDIT: Drops a can of Chicken of the Sea in the pun jar in case I unwittingly let a pun or two slip... Sorry Charlie...
This.
And, we don't know who Jessie's dad is, or how he'll react when he hears...and just what spin Jessie's mom will put on it when she tells him. Or how well connected she is. It's enjoyable to see the attempt to humiliate/dominate Atsali shot down, but I will bet that this is going to have repercussions sometime in the future, when we least expect it. Don't mind me, just what if-ing! *gets popcorn*
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

tombone wrote:Now the big question is, who will be the first adult to intervene on behalf of Atsali - because it's a good bet that "mom" won't let well enough alone and will initiate a confrontation.

Personally, I'm hoping for Jin, because she is the most talented of the bunch of eviscerating someone without an ounce of compassion.
Of course, if things get really snippy, she's going to get to deal with a pissed-off mama-bear Katherine.
I have an idea how that'll go.

(do not click if you're an arachnophobe)
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

chicgeek wrote:And, we don't know who Jessie's dad is, or how he'll react when he hears...
I suspect Dad is not a part of Jess' household... Ms. Gotlieb was a trophy wife who's past her "best by" date.
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

oldmanmickey wrote:It has not been established who is with them but it is very possible that Kath is with pickle. I keep seeing that teaser trailer of the new Jurassic Park movie where dino jumps out of the water and takes the great white in one gulp. While i dont know that blood shed is coming cant rule it out since we have seen a few kills before and both Phix and Shelly have mentioned enjoying defeated foes. One might also remember in mythology the merfolk trace their ancestry back to Poseidon and Amphitrite so mom there probably does think she is in her domain. All in all very pleased with this arch so far.
Technically speaking, the water would in fact be her domain. In a straight up fight a mermaid would likely be able to drown a sphinx in the water.

But talking about that kind of crap is silly. The only times we've had Phix do it is that ONE time with someone who'd once been her superior. No one is going to be eaten, no one is going to be killed. Because the paranormal community at large seems kind of past all of that. That and doing something violent in front of... who knows how many para's are at the resort, children included, would plummet your respect faster than you can say "You sunk my battleship!". Not to mention that I doubt a single sphinx could handle getting ganged up on by enough other paranormal's.

And lastly... Let's say that Phix, or Shelly... or Monica turns Mrs. Gotlieb into tuna salad. How do you think Jessie would react? How do you think Devyn, or the rest of the IBTC would react? The rest of the school? Atsali would have to live with everyone being terrified of her for the rest of her young life. "Don't do anything to upset, annoy, or make her mad! Her Aunt's will horribly murder you if you do!"
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

You're all missing the obvious person who is going to deal with Jessie's mom.

Devyn.

(And, immediately after the confrontation, Atsali will thank her - and the "SQuuuueaK" will return. :) )
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

jwhouk wrote:You're all missing the obvious person who is going to deal with Jessie's mom.

Devyn.

(And, immediately after the confrontation, Atsali will thank her - and the "SQuuuueaK" will return. :) )
OK People -- we need to start thinking about which strong, squeaking, mystic creature that Devyn might be!

Ultra mouse?
Mega bat?
Hyper porpoise?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

AmriloJim wrote:
chicgeek wrote:And, we don't know who Jessie's dad is, or how he'll react when he hears...
I suspect Dad is not a part of Jess' household... Ms. Gotlieb was a trophy wife who's past her "best by" date.
Thor wrote:I wonder if the elder Ms. Gotlieb has any idea of the fire she is playing with by harassing Atsali?

Also I wonder how one makes a living being a bitch? The only example I can think of is if she were doing the voice work for a reboot of the old Lassie series.

"What's that, girl? Timmy's stuck in the well? . . . What do you mean you pushed him in? . . . 'Damage control'? That's horrible. You're a bad dog, Lassie."

Both issues- DIVORCE COURT. THAT is how you make a living by being a bitch and THAT is why Mr. Gottlieb ain't there
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Atomic wrote:
jwhouk wrote:You're all missing the obvious person who is going to deal with Jessie's mom.

Devyn.

OK People -- we need to start thinking about which strong, squeaking, mystic creature that Devyn might be!

Ultra mouse?
Mega bat?
Hyper porpoise?
... something that might have body preception issues...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Brasten

Post by Brasten »

Atomic wrote: OK People -- we need to start thinking about which strong, squeaking, mystic creature that Devyn might be!

Ultra mouse?
Mega bat?
Hyper porpoise?
Super Excitatur Fan Puella
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Brasten wrote:
Atomic wrote: OK People -- we need to start thinking about which strong, squeaking, mystic creature that Devyn might be!

Ultra mouse?
Mega bat?
Hyper porpoise?
Super Excitatur Fan Puella
... isn't that the little 3 cylinder Italian ragtop that came out in the 60's? Come to think of it, they squeaked as well...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.