Worried About You 2012-08-21

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
NOTDilbert

Re: Worried About You 2012-08-21

Post by NOTDilbert »

Julie wrote:Quick note to those who worry that Monica is fully ditching Shelly:

The bikini she is wearing is the same one as the image from yesterday. While it's possible the pinup was not intended to be a true "page" in the sense that the story is fully connected to it...I'm inclined to think that it actually is a scene from the current story (especially with Euryale's comment about how "we'all thought {M} might need a get-a-way n' fresh air.").

This could mean Shelly is there at the beach with Monica. M may be awkward and avoiding much direct contact with her sphinxy friend, but she's not staying miles away from her.
Yeah, I wondered if that was current day, future, or Photoshop when I saw the strip after the pinup, too.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Mark N

Re: Worried About You 2012-08-21

Post by Mark N »

I am kinda going with Monday's image is cannon, just Euryale was not in the shot. In the print Monica is sitting by herself with only Tina next to her. While she is laughing at poor Nudge she seems to be actively avoiding from the others. But that is just the feel with Tuesday's and Wednesday's strips to back that up.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.