Think Like That 2015-04-30

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Thor

Think Like That 2015-04-30

Post by Thor »

LINKER

Woo-hoo, Nadette!

You tell her!

That'll teach her to be traumatized and emotionally crippled at you! :lol:
Last edited by Thor on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Re: Think Like That 2015-04-30

Post by Dave »

Well spoken, Nadette!

(Thor, you might edit the title of your initial post to correct the name/date convention?)
shadowinthelight

Re: 2015-04-30 Think Like That

Post by shadowinthelight »

Atsali better run after her. Can you give someone a bear hug with bird wings?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Pwnd.

Jwhouk, maybe you were right about Nadette being the one to snap Atsali out of it.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I still say that Atsali is terrified that she can't "turn off" her siren abilities, that the best she thinks she can hope for is "turn it down to a one" where she still causes a few people to fall for her accidentally. And she thinks Nadette is another one of her victims.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Opus the Poet wrote:I still say that Atsali is terrified that she can't "turn off" her siren abilities, that the best she thinks she can hope for is "turn it down to a one" where she still causes a few people to fall for her accidentally. And she thinks Nadette is another one of her victims.
If that's the case, Atsali's going to have to realize even if she turned off her Siren abilities, she'd still be really easy to fall in love or lust with. Especially to people her age. All those hormones flooding their systems? It's a wonder she doesn't get drooled on every day at school.
I'm too much!
Thor

Post by Thor »

GlytchMeister wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:I still say that Atsali is terrified that she can't "turn off" her siren abilities, that the best she thinks she can hope for is "turn it down to a one" where she still causes a few people to fall for her accidentally. And she thinks Nadette is another one of her victims.
If that's the case, Atsali's going to have to realize even if she turned off her Siren abilities, she'd still be really easy to fall in love or lust with. Especially to people her age. All those hormones flooding their systems? It's a wonder she doesn't get drooled on every day at school.
Yep. The rest of her could look like week-old road kill with front bumpers like that. Heterosexual teenage boys know what they like and she's the poster child for it.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Sadly, I think that Atsali hasn't really had anyone of her own species have the birds and bees talk with her. All it seems she really has to go on are rumors and maybe something out of a book or an internet Wiki post. I don't think she's really gotten any first hand knowledge about her species and she's thinking the worst based on lies, rumors and half truths. What she is and how she's reportedly supposed to act scares the living shit out of her. All she can see is the worst because no one has taught her any different. It's kind of like Shelly was before Phix started teaching her the ins and outs of Sphinxdom.

Monica... Paging Doctor Monica... your presence is requested in Atsali's room, Stat!!!

Monica should be able to delve into Atsali's guilt and also should be able to contact Horned girl as well. Poor Atsali is broke and she's taking it out on everyone else.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

How do we know Monica can contact Horned Girl? From what I remember, Monica is a Demon Shepard, a Jaguar Girl, a Sub-Titan, and has Pheonix blood. How does this make her a necromancer or a necrocommunicator?
I'm too much!
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

Monica hasn't been seen for a long time(Early December), and may not really be in the right place in her life to be giving anyone relationship advice.

Nadette had what I'd consider the correct response, despite what Thor's top comment suggests. She has no idea of what happened, but even if she did you don't let someone call you a liar and treat you that way after you'd opened up to them with something so personal.

As for chatting with someone of her own species, whether that be a Siren or a Succubus/Incubus I'd honestly be scared of that. Because there just might be the fact that they really are just like the rumors and stories say. We've seen a variety of everything and other than Fae, Pickle, and Atsali herself we've had multiples of every other paranormal creature. We haven't seen a single Siren, or an Incubus/Succubus.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I'm pretty sure there is mention made, but not yet shown 'on screen' that Monica can speak to the dead.

Its really hard to do a proper search via this little cell phone, I might be able to on Thurs, if no-one else comes up with a link by then...

PS- Naddette's first text balloon, in the 2nd panel, could go on a t-shirt.

This whole thing is Country Song worthy...

(edit- thx Shadow & King...)
Last edited by TazManiac on Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
shadowinthelight

GlytchMeister wrote:How do we know Monica can contact Horned Girl? From what I remember, Monica is a Demon Shepard, a Jaguar Girl, a Sub-Titan, and has Pheonix blood. How does this make her a necromancer or a necrocommunicator?
Shelly listed communicating with the land of the dead as one of Monica's abilities but it has not yet been seen in action.

GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Akeche wrote:Monica hasn't been seen for a long time(Early December), and may not really be in the right place in her life to be giving anyone relationship advice.

Nadette had what I'd consider the correct response, despite what Thor's top comment suggests. She has no idea of what happened, but even if she did you don't let someone call you a liar and treat you that way after you'd opened up to them with something so personal.

As for chatting with someone of her own species, whether that be a Siren or a Succubus/Incubus I'd honestly be scared of that. Because there just might be the fact that they really are just like the rumors and stories say. We've seen a variety of everything and other than Fae, Pickle, and Atsali herself we've had multiples of every other paranormal creature. We haven't seen a single Siren, or an Incubus/Succubus.
Phix used to think vampires were comparable Mosquitos, and ought to be treated as such. The Paranormal world is not without its social injustices. Yeah, it's possible most sirens and suc/in-cubi are total sexpots. But I think, given the overall tone Paul has taken with the comic in the past regarding situations like this, it's more likely that these species just got a really bad rap.
Last edited by GlytchMeister on Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm too much!
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

GlytchMeister wrote:How do we know Monica can contact Horned Girl? From what I remember, Monica is a Demon Shepard, a Jaguar Girl, a Sub-Titan, and has Pheonix blood. How does this make her a necromancer or a necrocommunicator?
It's supposed to be part and parcel of the Jaguar Spirit's role in Aztec tradition.
Dave

Post by Dave »

If I recall properly, one of the special attributes of a Jaguar Girl is that she is able to travel between the land of the living, and the land of the dead. She can be a messenger or intermediary. She's a shamanka.

We haven't really seen Monica do this... the closest was her visionary journey with Georgette after she laid The Tar to rest.

Perhaps, resolving the situation with Horned Girl might be her "solo" flight for her psychopomp's license?
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

GlytchMeister wrote:
Akeche wrote:Monica hasn't been seen for a long time(Early December), and may not really be in the right place in her life to be giving anyone relationship advice.

Phil used to think vampires were comparable Mosquitos, and ought to be treated as such. The Paranormal world is not without its social injustices. Yeah, it's possible most sirens and suc/in-cubi are total sexpots. But I think, given the overall tone Paul has taken with the comic in the past regarding situations like this, it's more likely that these species just got a really bad rap.
I dont think it would matter what level a Siren or Incubus/Succubus is in the social hierarchy. When you have and entourage like Stali has no one is going to touch you unless they are looking for a one way ticket to the afterworld. Some of the most powerful if not the most powerful people have her back and i would think anyone of them asking for a favor from a member from either of Stali's genetic line would be met with yes Ma'am, right away Ma'am.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Just a stray thought here but we do know Stali becomes a writer because Phix said so, her books are in the library. Might there also not be a biography of Stali there as well? Phix could easily show up and tell her "Ok kid me and you need to talk. Now!"
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

:x

You know, I am feeling extremely frustrated by this site's need for me to constantly log back in whenever I look at another tab on my freaking iPad.

I just spent 15 minutes trying to put two links. Two. Links. Into my post and it kept forcing me to log in, clearing my post and making me start over again. I don't know what's going on, but I'm giving up on this one, seeing as several people have said what I was trying to post anyway. Yeah, she can walk there too.

UGH.

EDIT:
I'm now pretty sure it's my dumb iPad, it's acting up something fierce right now. Idiotic outdated brick.

Thanks for the clarification, that's probably why I don't remember that being one of her powers: it hasn't been displayed yet... We've only been told she can do that.
I'm too much!
shadowinthelight

GlytchMeister wrote:You know, I am feeling extremely frustrated by this site's need for me to constantly log back in whenever I look at another tab on my freaking iPad.
Are you sure you are checking "Log me on automatically each visit" when you log in?

Akeche

Post by Akeche »

oldmanmickey wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:
Phil used to think vampires were comparable Mosquitos, and ought to be treated as such. The Paranormal world is not without its social injustices. Yeah, it's possible most sirens and suc/in-cubi are total sexpots. But I think, given the overall tone Paul has taken with the comic in the past regarding situations like this, it's more likely that these species just got a really bad rap.
I dont think it would matter what level a Siren or Incubus/Succubus is in the social hierarchy. When you have and entourage like Stali has no one is going to touch you unless they are looking for a one way ticket to the afterworld. Some of the most powerful if not the most powerful people have her back and i would think anyone of them asking for a favor from a member from either of Stali's genetic line would be met with yes Ma'am, right away Ma'am.

I'd say that's a problem.

I've brought it up in the past but I really feel the world only got a whole lot smaller when suddenly so many characters are depicted as "The Best" or "The Strongest/Most Powerful". A story can get a little dull when, realistically, there's no true risk involved in any situation with the looming threat of Auntie Monica or Phix. (Let alone Shelly, or the two remaining Golem Girls)