Best Coffee 2015-04-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Sgt. Howard

Best Coffee 2015-04-15

Post by Sgt. Howard »

OK- who's the new chick? ... I'll be needing a scorecard here....
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Best Coffee 2015-04-15

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I just need to be able to see the comic...

Link, please?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/best-coffee/

Did Stheno pass along the greatness of Tina's coffee to this Lilith?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AnotherFairportfan

Ah and also Ha.

I bet she's a redhead.

==============
shadowinthelight wrote:http://wapsisquare.com/comic/best-coffee/

Did Stheno pass along the greatness of Tina's coffee to this Lilith?
Nah - from the last panel, she already knew about it.
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Yep! Minneapolis is officially a hub of paranormal activity! You never know who you'll meet next, or which millennia they came from.

So -- Hathor and Boadicea walked into a bar....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

So apparently the word on Tina's coffee has gotten around the para community in MSP...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Sgt. Howard wrote:OK- who's the new chick? ... I'll be needing a scorecard here....
Depending on whose story you believe she's Adam's first wife, the one he never talks about sober.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

The famous or infamous Lilith. Nice lady, runs a little B&B called Adams house just outside the gates of Eden. Good place if you wanna vacation. Rumored to be the originator of grandma Lily's current group affiliation.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

And, apparently, there's something seriously incongruous about Lilith showing up at Mucho Mocha (or perhaps being in Minneapolis at all), and both Stheno and Lilith know perfectly well what it is, and Stheno finds it hilarious.

Maybe Lilith had sworn loudly and publicly never to have anything to do with demons... and she's now being barista'ed by one?
AnotherFairportfan

As portrayed in Evil Diva (though the final posted page was censored a bit from this version the artist delivered - winding up with a two-tailed serpent...)
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:And, apparently, there's something seriously incongruous about Lilith showing up at Mucho Mocha (or perhaps being in Minneapolis at all), and both Stheno and Lilith know perfectly well what it is, and Stheno finds it hilarious.

Maybe Lilith had sworn loudly and publicly never to have anything to do with demons... and she's now being barista'ed by one?
Well, Kabbalistic writings say she fooled around with an archangel and was the "Mother of Demons"...
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

This is the second Sumerian mythological figure to show up in the wapsiverse in a very short time. First the Mama goddess, Ninhursag. Now Lilith, who featured in Jewish Mythology, but may be derived from Sumerian.

Paul might be planning a visit to deep human time. Myths originating from the cradle of civilization itself, the Fertile Crescent. The gods and goddesses of the first(?) civilization of mankind.
Old gods. Isn't that what the World Grid was built to keep out? The Old Gods, or something like that?
What could possibly scare the Grid makers (who did that, btw? Brandi?) into making a World Grid that stressed the Earth so much it caused catastrophes around the globe? And possibly a global catastrophe?

If Brandi was indeed one of the ones who built it, welllll... If the Old Gods scared her into doing that, I'm pretty sure I don't want to meet them. And I have a sneaking suspicion we just might.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
AnotherFairportfan

I've been thinking the "Old Gods" are like the Great Old Ones, from Outside - Chthulhu, Shu-Niggurath, Nyarlathotep and the like.

Definitely not characters you want running loose on your world.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Eh... I'm not sold on that. Cthulu was created by HP Lovecraft. I don't think he's quite the material Paul uses. Paul uses ancient stuff. Like, from the civilizations past. Olmec/Myan/Aztec, Greek/Roman, and now Sumerian/Jewish(?).

The Cthulu mythos was created by a man in 1928 for a story published in a magazine.
Not exactly the same stuff.

That is what I first thought, right off the bat. "Old Gods? Cthulu? Hmm... Nah."
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Atomic wrote:Yep! Minneapolis is officially a hub of paranormal activity! You never know who you'll meet next, or which millennia they came from.

So -- Hathor and Boadicea walked into a bar....
And the bartenders are an Arragouset, a dijiang, and a Munuanë...
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

You guys are taking the name WAY too seriously, it feels a little obvious that she's a vamp of some sort. Though hey, I might be wrong.

Also... well I guess we won't be seeing the pool-time-adventure for another week(or seven).
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Akeche wrote:You guys are taking the name WAY too seriously, it feels a little obvious that she's a vamp of some sort. Though hey, I might be wrong.

Also... well I guess we won't be seeing the pool-time-adventure for another week(or seven).
Supposedly Lilith became a demon, or hell connected, because she refused to submit to Adams will. This has been used as an excuse by patriarchal groups since then to justify getting angry when women have minds and opinions of their own. The strongest connection I've found is to her being the first succubus. If that is so might she not be Sali's Aunt? Or maybe a grandmother? But that tends to be in recent popular fiction which I can see Paul using very easily.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

I thought we last saw Lilith in Seattle?
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

If Tina has such a unique clientele, she's probably charging double
Starbuck's prices.

It's not pure profit due to the cost of ingredients, but she
should be able to hire an assistant.

(She IS her assistants! She can't/shouldn't add extra demons, should she?
It would be cool to see her ambidextrally multitasking)

I thought immortals had 'old money' but the other Paras had to
stay on a budget and keep a low profile.

Does Tina know each client's perfect coffee AND how much they can pay?
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

But Tina does have an employee, the nerdy freckled girl with the big glasses. I don't think she's on the up-and-up though.