Best Coffee 2015-04-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Yamara

Re: Best Coffee 2015-04-15

Post by Yamara »

Aw, Stheno, don't be a witch. Lilith is true to her high standards, you shouldn't just laugh at her.

First impressions are important.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

WAIT A MO- High victorian steampunk?!? LILITH CLAY?!? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I just need to be able to see the comic...

Link, please?
Sorry... I'm still trying to get my VHS from flashing "12:00" all the time... so far, I just unplug it...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

I don't know what it was about this particular comic that made me laugh out loud, but it did. Lilith. Succubus, killer of infants, in some mythology mother of vampires. Another female paranormal suffering bad publicity for expressing feminist ideals I'm sure. I like her already and I hope we see more of her. Oh and Opus the Poet I loved that crack about Adam not talking about her sober! :lol: edit adding that maybe Stheno is laughing because Lilith is out in the morning when her domain is the night?
Last edited by Wdot on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Sgt. Howard wrote:

Link, please?
Sorry... I'm still trying to get my VHS from flashing "12:00" all the time... so far, I just unplug it...
At least it's not flashing "12:05", or something like that... :P
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Stheno thought she was blissfully happy... Now she IS blissfully happy as evidenced by the laughter.

I have a bad feeling about Lilith... I've always heard of her referred to as a succubus and the progenitor/mother of Vampires... We know that Atsali's parents are supposed to be dead but are they? Is the reference to them being dead real or metaphorical? And what part will Lilith play here?

And what of Jin's pool party? It's like that story line ended just when it was getting good.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Correct me if I am wrong- Lillith Clay (AKA 'Judy') is a construct (Frankenstein creature?) in "Girl Genius" and also the foster Mother of Agatha Clay (Hetrodyne)... who was referenced earlier regarding the making of "... a perfect cup of coffee..."- that she comes to Tina's is an admission that Tina makes better coffee than Agatha. Given the young seneschal's reaction to Agatha's coffee, I consider that high praise indeed...
Tina, how do I like MY coffee? (Not a fair question at all, I agree- sweeten with molasses, like any true Appalachian. I AIN'T no flatlander!!!)

Lillith appears February 7, 2003 - third or fourth day from "Agatha goes home"
Von Mekkan (Seneschal) watches Agatha make coffee May 25 2007
Young Von Mekkan tastes coffee June 27 2007 and on-
Last edited by Sgt. Howard on Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Speaking of constructs...

Just what is going on at/with Lilith's neck? What is that thing she's wearing? It sorta liiks like a very tight barbed-wire necklace... but her neck seems abruptly thinner above it, compared to below. Is it a suture?

After all the jokes about Tina's choker keeping her head from falling off her neck... ???
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:Speaking of constructs...

Just what is going on at/with Lilith's neck? What is that thing she's wearing? It sorta liiks like a very tight barbed-wire necklace... but her neck seems abruptly thinner above it, compared to below. Is it a suture?

After all the jokes about Tina's choker keeping her head from falling off her neck... ???
She is wearing a late Victorian high collar
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Akeche wrote:But Tina does have an employee, the nerdy freckled girl with the big glasses. I don't think she's on the up-and-up though.
She's a part-timer who mostly works as a pastry chef supplying Tina and other shops in town.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:

Link, please?
1. Purchase item #61390 at Harbor Freight.
2. Measure width of VCR display.
3. Cut a length of your purchase slightly longer than display width.
4. Apply to VCR display bezel.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

AmriloJim wrote:I thought we last saw Lilith in Seattle?
And then, to show us a real monster, he introduces Maris.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

zachariah wrote:
Akeche wrote:You guys are taking the name WAY too seriously, it feels a little obvious that she's a vamp of some sort. Though hey, I might be wrong.

Also... well I guess we won't be seeing the pool-time-adventure for another week(or seven).
Supposedly Lilith became a demon, or hell connected, because she refused to submit to Adams will. This has been used as an excuse by patriarchal groups since then to justify getting angry when women have minds and opinions of their own. The strongest connection I've found is to her being the first succubus. If that is so might she not be Sali's Aunt? Or maybe a grandmother? But that tends to be in recent popular fiction which I can see Paul using very easily.
Ah yes, that archaic idiotic line of thinking which can be defeated by pointing out that Eve was created from Adam's rib. Not from part of his head (indicating superiority) or from part of his foot (indicating inferiority), but from a rib to indicate equality.

T'would be interesting if she were Sali's grandma. But considering the fame of Lilith, it could be a common succubus name. Maybe even on a level as ubiquitous as "Mary".
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
as363

Post by as363 »

Stranger and stranger ... Can't wait for the next few weeks' instalments.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Sgt. Howard wrote:WAIT A MO- High victorian steampunk?!? LILITH CLAY?!? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Head canon ACCEPTED.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

as363 wrote:Stranger and stranger ... Can't wait for the next few weeks' instalments.
Welcome to Confusion Corner. They serve all manner of foods, beverages, and I'm pretty sure there's a shelf of ibuprophen, Tylenol, and other pain relievers around here for headaches and blown minds.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I've been thinking the "Old Gods" are like the Great Old Ones, from Outside - Chthulhu, Shu-Niggurath, Nyarlathotep and the like.

Definitely not characters you want running loose on your world.
Given what Euryale had to say a few years back, Amun and Shiva may be a couple of them.
Sgt. Howard wrote:Sorry... I'm still trying to get my VHS from flashing "12:00" all the time... so far, I just unplug it...
For a change, you could try turning it upside-down so that it tells you that it is currently twenty-one minutes past midnight.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

jwhouk wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:WAIT A MO- High victorian steampunk?!? LILITH CLAY?!? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Head canon ACCEPTED.
A bit of backgroundfor the ignorant?
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Gyrrakavian wrote:A bit of background for the ignorant?
Read from here on for a few pages. It's a good comic, once you get this joke, you might as well go for the full archive binge. A lot of people around here reference this comic. You could say it's a local favorite.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:Sorry... I'm still trying to get my VHS from flashing "12:00" all the time... so far, I just unplug it...
personally, I'm glad that it isn't something you THOUGHT was your VCR.... only to realize your mistake as it's counting down from 00:05 to zero... :shock:
Don't planto mihi adveho illac