Know That Feeling 2015-04-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

Re: Know That Feeling 2015-04-02

Post by zachariah »

The empty bubble is there to drive us crazy. Paul is using it as a trigger for the forum's to get them to generate ideas he can use. Given the eclectic nature of everyone one this we come up with a whole lot of plot, story, and character points that have later turned up in the strip. SO by giving us a blank bubble he is just turning us loose to see what falls out of the feeding frenzy of speculation.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:I used to think i was the only one who made strange connections and linked seemingly wide apart items till i got to listening to all yall. I have found my people i am home. And yes i understand the off button thing. I have the habit especially since i got put on my meds that if my train of thought gets derailed i have to start over. The wife seems to find this annoying but i tell her all she has to to do is wait for me to finish. 16 years and she aint done it yet, oh well.
That's one of the mixed blessings of autism spectrum disorders.
I remember one time when i was home on leave from the Navy and my friend Joe was home for the summer from Georgia Tech, my mother and i picked him up in Greenville SC (where she had her office and he lived) and drove to Simpsonville (twenty miles away) to drop my mom home and then take the car and hang out.

My mother sat in the back seat, Joe sat up front, and we talked in our usual manner (somewhat less wide-ranging than usual since the third Musketeer, Randy, wasn't with us).

As we were arriving home, my mother said "I've been keeping track. In the last twenty-five minutes, you two talked about thirteen different things - and neither of you even had any difficulty following when the other one changed the subject..."
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

I think Paul could imply Atsali's off switch by drawing a simple line in the bubble. That would do the trick.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

"Yes!! That!"

+++long term memory banks activating+++

Didn't Shelly say that to someone long ago? (our time). I've got a tingle at the back of my brain saying she said that to Bud? Anyone ready to do a forum dive and find the right page?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

and to go back to something from a couple of days ago.

"wear something you would wear to the island"

maybe something like this?

http://wapsisquare.com/projects/pablowa ... the-beach/
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Grantwhy wrote:"Yes!! That!"

Didn't Shelly say that to someone long ago? (our time). I've got a tingle at the back of my brain saying she said that to Bud? Anyone ready to do a forum dive and find the right page?
Yeah - it was Shelly to Bud, i'm pretty sure.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
eee

Post by eee »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:Sirens be birds, swans be BIG birds.
With long necks.
And big snowy white breasts. :lol:
Skywatcher68

Post by Skywatcher68 »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:I used to think i was the only one who made strange connections and linked seemingly wide apart items till i got to listening to all yall. I have found my people i am home. And yes i understand the off button thing. I have the habit especially since i got put on my meds that if my train of thought gets derailed i have to start over. The wife seems to find this annoying but i tell her all she has to to do is wait for me to finish. 16 years and she aint done it yet, oh well.
I'm autism spectrum as well. I have a nonspecific diagnosis from grade school but I think they were aiming for Asperger's.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Just thinking again on this conversation
  • Jin: "I Just wish I could, you know, flip a switch on her, and"
    Bud: "____________________"
    Jin: "Yes!! That!"
and I have to wonder if Bud's silent comment might be something related to them being golem girls?

I believe they *do* have *actual* switches and that blank text box might be a representative of something that happens when (one of) their switches are flipped?

eg: the flicker you used to see when changing channels on an analog tv

Something we as readers can not hear/see/read but Bud and Jin can?
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Skywatcher68 wrote:
Gyrrakavian wrote:
I'm autism spectrum as well. I have a nonspecific diagnosis from grade school but I think they were aiming for Asperger's.
High functioning Asperger's, here.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
I remember one time when i was home on leave from the Navy and my friend Joe was home for the summer from Georgia Tech, my mother and i picked him up in Greenville SC (where she had her office and he lived) and drove to Simpsonville (twenty miles away) to drop my mom home and then take the car and hang out.

My mother sat in the back seat, Joe sat up front, and we talked in our usual manner (somewhat less wide-ranging than usual since the third Musketeer, Randy, wasn't with us).

As we were arriving home, my mother said "I've been keeping track. In the last twenty-five minutes, you two talked about thirteen different things - and neither of you even had any difficulty following when the other one changed the subject..."
And then there are the people who just sit there scratching their heads trying to figure out how you got from one subject to the next.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Grantwhy wrote:"Yes!! That!"

Yeah - it was Shelly to Bud, i'm pretty sure.
You're thinking of "That! I want that!!"?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:The empty bubble is there to drive us crazy. Paul is using it as a trigger for the forum's to get them to generate ideas he can use. Given the eclectic nature of everyone one this we come up with a whole lot of plot, story, and character points that have later turned up in the strip. SO by giving us a blank bubble he is just turning us loose to see what falls out of the feeding frenzy of speculation.
I really need to stop reading the strip in the wee hours of the morning when my brain is mush...

Reading it again this morning I think I understand what Paul did there... I'm assuming of course that the empty bubble is intentional and Bud's lips are moving and no sound is coming out, mimicking the volume has been turned completely down as on a TV... you see the lips are moving, but nothing is coming out.

Also note the knowing look on Bud's face as she looks at Jin... I'm imagining that Bud is thinking the same thing in reference to Jin... STFU!!! LOL
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

UPDATE: Everyone, I forgot to put words in the third word bubble in the second panel. Go to that page and hit F5 on your keyboard to see the updated comic. Sorry about that.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Wapsi wrote:UPDATE: Everyone, I forgot to put words in the third word bubble in the second panel. Go to that page and hit F5 on your keyboard to see the updated comic. Sorry about that.
"Forgot"?!?!? In a strip posted on April Fools Day in most of the country? :roll: :lol: :lol:

Well played, sir. Deliberate or not, you got us good (me for sure and a lot of others too, it seems.) :D
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

kingklash wrote:I have a odd talent. I am able to take in information rapidly in large chunks with amazing retention. Unfortunately, playback of same is also in large chunks, and until one gets to know me, the sudden infodumps can be a little surprising. Couple that with the fact that there tends to be linkage among very disparate elements when I actually use said info to think. It's like a lightning bolt through a curio shop. The path of least resistance will connect some unique items that no one ever thought to connect before.
There's this girl named Luna in the comic Too Much Information (frequently NSFW). You should get to know her.
Atsali seems to have similar tendencies, coupled with actual photographic memory, and her overclocked brain likes to wander.
Atsali should too.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Wapsi wrote:UPDATE: Everyone, I forgot to put words in the third word bubble in the second panel. Go to that page and hit F5 on your keyboard to see the updated comic. Sorry about that.
Well that puts a whole new spin on things doesnt it. lol
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Well, the old version worked, but the new version works too and is a bit clearer.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Grantwhy wrote:Just thinking again on this conversation
  • Jin: "I Just wish I could, you know, flip a switch on her, and"
    Bud: "____________________"
    Jin: "Yes!! That!"
and I have to wonder if Bud's silent comment might be something related to them being golem girls?

I believe they *do* have *actual* switches and that blank text box might be a representative of something that happens when (one of) their switches are flipped?

eg: the flicker you used to see when changing channels on an analog tv

Something we as readers can not hear/see/read but Bud and Jin can?
I forgot to put the words in the word balloon. Check the page and hit F5 if it's still blank.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Wapsi wrote:I forgot to put the words in the word balloon. Check the page and hit F5 if it's still blank.
Thank you :)