Like OMG 2015-03-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TazManiac

Re: Like OMG 2015-03-13

Post by TazManiac »

kingklash wrote:Meanwhile, the resolution of last night's episode of "Elementary" hinged on Torgo from "Manos: Hands Of Fate." I was still pondering on that, so the pinup wasn't the stumbling point it might have been.

Oh maaaan, I fell asleep before the end... (traditionally a night owl, I've been getting up way early lately, even before the alarm goes off.)

I too blame a Friday cliffhanger on a jinxed post a day or two before.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I dvred that epp of Elementary so havent seen it yet. covers ears and sing to block out spoilers.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

TazManiac wrote:I too blame a Friday cliffhanger on a jinxed post a day or two before.
Naah. It's just geology.

Any geologist will tell you that cliffs tend to erode backwards/inwards towards the plateau (and waterfalls erode in the same way and "move upstream").

That's clearly what's happening here... the cliffhanger is eroding back towards Monday.
TheOtherOne

Post by TheOtherOne »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
Thor wrote:LINK
Good thing we weren't waiting for answers or anything...
I blame the comment on yesterday's about it being a cliff hanger.
Naw. Paul throws these in for one reason. To make money. And at $127, he did pretty good with this one. I don't have a problem with that. We all need to make money and this is another revenue stream for him. It's frustrating, yes, but that's the way it is. Without enough income Wapsi would probably be even less daily than it is now. Maybe a Mon-Wed-Fri kind of thing.

As to the pace of the comics; yes we all want to know what this or that is all about.....NOW!!, but so what? What else do you have to do? It's not like it's gotta hurry up before your life ends (well, maybe for some). Take it as it comes and be glad it still exists at all to brighten our lives and keep our brains lubed. Yeah, I know, Wapsi Square is like comic crack. We're all seriously addicted. Like crack, the first one is free. The rest, ya gotta pay --- Hey wait! The rest are free too! Be glad.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I'm not complaining, I'm following the time honored tradition of Griping;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaVfHntwVc4

Theres a difference...
Thor

Post by Thor »

TheOtherOne wrote: Naw. Paul throws these in for one reason. To make money. And at $127, he did pretty good with this one.
Yes, but he made that $127 back in January. Posting it now will do nothing to add to that amount. :|

We don't know why the image got posted today, but we do know it wasn't to sell the already-sold image.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

maybe because he thought we might enjoy seeing it?
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Had to take a breather and this is a pleasant nobody-will-fuss-about image?

Paul can easily take a break from work with a convenient place-holder like this. I have to either burn a day of vacation or find a friendly hiding place in one of the Manufacturing buildings. If my email is not pinging, either the 'phone is ringing or someone is darkening my door...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Hansontoons wrote:If my email is not pinging, either the 'phone is ringing or someone is darkening my door...
Hey now! That's vandalism!

So... what color are they darkening your door to?
Thor

Post by Thor »

oldmanmickey wrote:maybe because he thought we might enjoy seeing it?
No, if he was concerned strictly about our enjoyment, he would know that we'd rather see a new installment instead of a picture that was posted a couple months ago.

I'm sure he has a good reason for posting it, including possibly because he wanted a break or he wanted the cliffhanger, but it wasn't ribbed for our pleasure, nor was it to make an extra buck as the buck has already been made.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Thor wrote:
No, if he was concerned strictly about our enjoyment, he would know that we'd rather see a new installment instead of a picture that was posted a couple months ago.

I'm sure he has a good reason for posting it, including possibly because he wanted a break or he wanted the cliffhanger, but it wasn't ribbed for our pleasure, nor was it to make an extra buck as the buck has already been made.
personaly i enjoy seeing any of pauls work he wishes to share with us.
TheOtherOne

Post by TheOtherOne »

Thor wrote:
TheOtherOne wrote: Naw. Paul throws these in for one reason. To make money. And at $127, he did pretty good with this one.
Yes, but he made that $127 back in January. Posting it now will do nothing to add to that amount. :|
We don't know why the image got posted today, but we do know it wasn't to sell the already-sold image.
Oh. Well, duh! How stupid of me. :oops: I quickly looked at the E-bay posting and didn't realize it had expired. Just glanced at the price. So..... That means this one was the wrong one to use to make my point. Though that sort of thing has happened in the past so my points are still valid, just not this particular time.

Anyway, I apologize for jumping to the wrong conclusion on this one. Apparently it was for a 3-day weekend or some such. I rarely post. Apparently I should continue in that mode and keep my virtual mouth shut. :|
Thor

Post by Thor »

oldmanmickey wrote:
Thor wrote:

personaly i enjoy seeing any of pauls work he wishes to share with us.
As do I, but given the choice between seeing a one panel drawing that had been shown 6 weeks ago and seeing what happens next, which would you choose? Honestly?

Let me make myself crystal clear here: I am not complaining about what we got. Nor am I whining about Mr. Taylor putting up whatever he pleases when he feels like it. His reasons are his own, and I respect that. I am just refuting the idea that he put it up to best please us. Filler art is great, especially when the alternative is no art, but I'm pretty sure most of the audience would be much less likely to tune in every day if it were just contextless one-panel scenes like this from now on.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Hansontoons wrote:If my email is not pinging, either the 'phone is ringing or someone is darkening my door...

"I see a red door and I want it painted black"
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

Oversized Mammary Glands.
illiad

Post by illiad »

TheOtherOne wrote:
Thor wrote:
Oh. Well, duh! How stupid of me. :oops: I quickly looked at the E-bay posting and didn't realize it had expired. Just glanced at the price. So..... That means this one was the wrong one to use to make my point. Though that sort of thing has happened in the past so my points are still valid, just not this particular time.
{private ryan} or something is FUBAR... If you have young ears, that's german!! :mrgreen: :roll:
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

lake_wrangler wrote:

Painting it black, obviously.

"Go! And do not dark on my door again!" - Miss Mam'selle Hepzibah
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Thor wrote:

Because both my son and I can down with a fever at the same time and both of us felt like complete shit. I felt trying to sleep might be in order.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

(whisper) no, no, no... Dont 'splain, we're having too much fun b'tch'n bout it.... ;)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Yanno, sometimes I think we forget that this is Paul's place, and we're just guests who drop by for the nightly art exhibit and beer tasting festival.

Try to remember that, is all.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin