Cat Suit 2015-03-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Re: Cat Suit 2015-03-06

Post by lake_wrangler »

jwhouk wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:I also like how Lily is now referring to Atsali as her granddaughter, as a casual part of the conversation (as in, not forced, but natural.) It's nice to see that she is no longer emotionally distant and disconnected, but is embracing her new-found family. And feeling quite protective of her, too, by the looks of it.

I like that. Nice development on her part.
Kinda how like Shelly just dropped that "Oooh Mmmuther!" when we last saw her in the Library?
You know, I think it helps, in this case, that Bia has been forced back into childhood. It probably makes it a little harder for Shelly to remain resentful at her, knowing that Bia had purposely exited stage right, leaving Shelly to deal with life without her, along with all the other machinations she did... but now, as a child, can you really still be angry at her? Yes, she still does not think too highly of her (I recall some scene where Shelly, upon hearing of something her mom was involved in, replied something to the effect of "what has that b*tch done now", or somesuch), but it doesn't seem to carry over to meeting her in person.

Man, that's some messed up relationship, no matter how you look at it. Good luck, Shelly...
Thor

Post by Thor »

lake_wrangler wrote: And from the looks on Atsali's face in the last panel, that may just be sinking in, now that the fast pace action is over and there is time to reflect on what took place. She may be thankful to be covered, but she may not be quite as comfortable about the whole deal, by now...
Furtheremore, the awkard denial on Nadette's part shows that she definitely knows what Lily is talking about, even if that wasn't the original intent of the act of covering Atsali...
We are still completely unsure about what Atsali thinks about Nadette's attraction/advances. She literally has not had the time or leisure to react to it properly.

Nadette basically confesses here. Before Atsali has a chance to say anything in return, Tsallah shows up. When they are alone again, they are expecting Dumb and Dumber to show up again any second, so they are back to business, with Nadette starting to freak out. Atsali takes charge like a boss, and Nadette's lower parts take over and she forgets all about her promise not to get in the way of things and plants a big wet one on Atsali. Atsali literally only has time to gape at Nadette before Nadette sees the past and freaks out big time. From there, we have the dead Senator, the anti-matter countdown, the rocket to nowhere, and the declothening. At this point, Atsali might have had time to talk about how she felt about the wing boner and the kiss, but you have to admit it is awkward and not the right time to discuss this when the other person is currently the only thing you are wearing. Directly after that, they landed, and were met by Lily. Lily is still debriefing them at present.

So given that this is something that really should be discussed between Atsali and Nadette where there are no eavesdroppers, and that we haven't seen any thought bubbles from Atsali through this whole escapade, we have no idea about how she feels about Nadette or anything that Nadette has done. She might be completely ticked off or tickled pink. We don't know, and won't know (probably) until the end of this arc, if then. I am hoping that Mr. Taylor does not leave the further exploration of Nadette x Atsali to some later arc. :roll:
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

By saying that, you just guaranteed a visit back to the Library with Tsillah and her Mom.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Thor

Post by Thor »

jwhouk wrote:By saying that, you just guaranteed a visit back to the Library with Tsillah and her Mom.
...followed by 2 weeks of Shelly and Justin, 3 weeks of Monica and Jet, 2 weeks of Bud and Kevin, 2 weeks of Cricket, 1 week of Kath and Pickle, and finally 3 weeks of Atsali and Whatshisface before we have a hint about what Atsali's opinion on Nadette is. So in other words, Summer.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Grantwhy wrote:
illiad wrote:
Grantwhy wrote:
Not sure how that covers the really big *BOOM*, moderate sized crater or the molten rock at the bottom of the crater :p
er, the really big *BOOM* was the anti-matter bomb going off... :)
yes, we know that, I'm just curious as to what cover story the MIB will come up with explaining 'surprise' explosion that could have been mistaken for a small nuke ... happening at the same location as a 'surprise' missile launch :o

:D
well swamp gas may not cover it... :/ How about a major rocket test went wrong over the desert, and it had to be destroyed, causing a major impact crater and exclusion area due to possible radiation risk... :)

That what actually happened over mapimi in the 70's... :P :)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Thor wrote:So given that this is something that really should be discussed between Atsali and Nadette where there are no eavesdroppers, and that we haven't seen any thought bubbles from Atsali through this whole escapade, we have no idea about how she feels about Nadette or anything that Nadette has done. She might be completely ticked off or tickled pink. We don't know, and won't know (probably) until the end of this arc, if then. I am hoping that Mr. Taylor does not leave the further exploration of Nadette x Atsali to some later arc. :roll:
You're absolutely right, we don't know how Atsali feels about Nadette, at this point. But given what we know of Atsali's frame of mind concerning modesty, the now-having-time-to-sink-in thought that she is, indeed, being felt up in a rather up close and personal way (to say the least) may not be something she would be too keen on, regardless of whether she returns Nadette's feelings later on or not.
illiad

Post by illiad »

I dont think it is *her* modesty, just those around her.. and I think she is just a bit daunted by her body doing things she is not sure about... :P

and um, do we want R-18 ??
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Thor wrote:
jwhouk wrote:By saying that, you just guaranteed a visit back to the Library with Tsillah and her Mom.
...followed by 2 weeks of Shelly and Justin, 3 weeks of Monica and Jet, 2 weeks of Bud and Kevin, 2 weeks of Cricket, 1 week of Kath and Pickle, and finally 3 weeks of Atsali and Whatshisface before we have a hint about what Atsali's opinion on Nadette is. So in other words, Summer.
...AAAAAAAAAAND saying that guaranteed it'll be Christmas or new years before we find anything out!!! LOL
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:...AAAAAAAAAAND saying that guaranteed it'll be Christmas or new years before we find anything out!!! LOL
... after which time, we learn that exposure to low-level radiation has unfortunate effects on ursamorphs, and that Nadette has been suffering a nasty bout of Mother's Adage.

"Don't make such an ugly expression. What if your face got stuck that way?"

She'll have spent the last nine months as a cat suit, stored on a hanger in the closet. :twisted: Berdine is laughing her tail off (literally... it has to morph a set of little legs and run after her to catch up).

Don't worry. She'll get better.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

illiad wrote:well swamp gas may not cover it... :/ How about a major rocket test went wrong over the desert, and it had to be destroyed, causing a major impact crater and exclusion area due to possible radiation risk... :)

true, that COULD be the excuse used, but i doubt it... because now we have to worry about the political fallout more than we do about the physical fallout... we are not the only ones with the equivalent of NORAD's sensors, and i am damn certain that the thermal, radiological, and physical traces left by the antimatter self-destruct are NOT the same as a "natural causes" volcanic eruption, nor even a regular ol' Nuke... this fact WILL be noted. also, if they say that the rocket was indeed carrying something like either a nuclear engine, or a nuclear battery that had THAT much energy to cause an explosion THAT BIG when it "failed" can you imagine the condemnation we'd get from the whack jobs that refuse to let more nuclear power plants be built about sending bombs into space !!? and of course the international flack from the groups that signed the non-weaponization of space treaty way back when... as well as that fact that it was launched from a place that is not known for it's "high tech" as well as how the heck did they get is built in secret THAT close to the border (about 400 miles via road, couldn't get a better estimate from online mapping)

yeah, I'm gonna love hearing about what excuse they use now... and will they have to cook up that evidence and get it to those two generals, by having Brandi FAKE them out as SDO, because she is no longer possessed by Thup (which hopefully they DON'T know?)
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

zachariah wrote:Sali doesn't need a story, she was busy saving both theri lifes.
I wonder what would have happened to Nadette if she fell to the ground as a piece of clothing, though? How much did she actually need Atsali to take her safely to the ground?
AnotherFairportfan wrote:I foresee a certain amount of awkwardness next time Nadette has a face to blush with.
Atsali might have just had her outfit change from bear-coloured to bright crimson.
Grantwhy wrote:Grandma Lily: "Do you have a tiny paranormal friend hiding in your cleavage?"

hmmm .... wild guess, or does Lily know of Calista (aka Princess Cricket) and her friendship with Atsali?

And if Lily does know, would it be via the MIB and I'm curious as to what that suggests?
There also aren't all that many storylines in the world where a guess such as that represents a rather logical and likely scenario.
eee wrote:What *I* want to know is, where the missile went? NORAD apparently went bonkers when they saw it, but I doubt they could have intercepted it. Where was it programmed to fly to? Was it a space shot?
Meanwhile, Monica is all annoyed because yet another one of her private islands is now inexplicably covered in wreckage of some vehicle. . .
Grantwhy wrote:do rockets, under normal circumstances, make a spiral pattern ?
If things are going right, not usually that spirally. Spin-stabilisation would ideally have the rocket rotating on its axis while traveling as straight a line as possible, not have it corkscrewing all over. I have seen Soviet-designed heat-seeking missiles that go through some remarkably wobbly trajectories thanks to the seeker head's design not being able to see straight ahead. I have a few doubts that the USSR had much to do with that particular rocket's design, though.
zachariah wrote:NORAD sensors can detect both launch, thermal, or explosive events anywhere in the surface of the earth in great detail.
I believe that would be Air Force Space Command rather than NORAD, unless things have changed lately. But NORAD would (or at least, should) be notified by AFSPC pretty durned fast, so the general idea still holds.
illiad

Post by illiad »

scantrontb wrote:
illiad wrote:well swamp gas may not cover it... :/ How about a major rocket test went wrong over the desert, and it had to be destroyed, causing a major impact crater and exclusion area due to possible radiation risk... :)

true, that COULD be the excuse used, but i doubt it... because now we have to worry about the political fallout more than we do about the physical fallout... we are not the only ones with the equivalent of NORAD's sensors, and i am damn certain that the thermal, radiological, and physical traces left by the antimatter self-destruct are NOT the same as a "natural causes" volcanic eruption, nor even a regular ol' Nuke... this fact WILL be noted. also, if they say that the rocket was indeed carrying something like either a nuclear engine, or a nuclear battery that had THAT much energy to cause an explosion THAT BIG when it "failed" can you imagine the condemnation we'd get from the whack jobs that refuse to let more nuclear power plants be built about sending bombs into space !!? and of course the international flack from the groups that signed the non-weaponization of space treaty way back when... as well as that fact that it was launched from a place that is not known for it's "high tech" as well as how the heck did they get is built in secret THAT close to the border (about 400 miles via road, couldn't get a better estimate from online mapping)

yeah, I'm gonna love hearing about what excuse they use now... and will they have to cook up that evidence and get it to those two generals, by having Brandi FAKE them out as SDO, because she is no longer possessed by Thup (which hopefully they DON'T know?)
I just thought summat else... lots of desert, only small farmhands... perfect place for a secret base????? MiB tells NORAD to 'shut up'...
:roll: who me? nothin happening here, sarge.... :E :E

and if you look at the map, there is nice round impact crater just nearby.... :o :P
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

scantrontb wrote:

And don't forget that (at least in our world) Mapimi is in Mexico, not the US. Mexico is not known to have nuclear weapons or large rockets.
illiad

Post by illiad »

*not known* , yes.... so no-one would expect an underground base, a short hop from Texas, and also White Sands Missile Base!!!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

And don't forget that (at least in our world) Mapimi is in Mexico, not the US. Mexico is not known to have nuclear weapons or large rockets.
yea with drug cartels trying to build there own mini governments down that way i can so no reason at all why a missile launch would interest the US Military
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

It wasn't a missile, it was a self propelled piñata. Didn't you see how Nadette grabbed the goodies after it broke apart?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
illiad

Post by illiad »

shadowinthelight wrote:It wasn't a missile, it was a self propelled piñata. Didn't you see how Nadette grabbed the goodies after it broke apart?

LMFAO :D :D ... But some 'thing' is looking at you... better feed it.... :o
Thor

Post by Thor »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Thor wrote:So given that this is something that really should be discussed between Atsali and Nadette where there are no eavesdroppers, and that we haven't seen any thought bubbles from Atsali through this whole escapade, we have no idea about how she feels about Nadette or anything that Nadette has done. She might be completely ticked off or tickled pink. We don't know, and won't know (probably) until the end of this arc, if then. I am hoping that Mr. Taylor does not leave the further exploration of Nadette x Atsali to some later arc. :roll:
You're absolutely right, we don't know how Atsali feels about Nadette, at this point. But given what we know of Atsali's frame of mind concerning modesty, the now-having-time-to-sink-in thought that she is, indeed, being felt up in a rather up close and personal way (to say the least) may not be something she would be too keen on, regardless of whether she returns Nadette's feelings later on or not.
A lot how Atsali should feel about this and how we should be judging this boils down to foreknowledge and intent.

Given anyone else but Nadette in this situation, We (and Atsali) could content ourselves in the knowledge that this is an awkward scenario that occurred through bizarre happenstance and everyone did the best they knew how at the time and no one is to blame for anything. However, Nadette being a seer puts a whole layer of doubt on the matter, as we (and Atsali don't know how much of this Nadette saw coming--and therefore positioned herself to take advantage of it--how much she might have engineered--knowing that X and Y had to happen, therefore she could push and pull to make things happen "better" for her--and how much Nadette may have seen but was powerless to do anything but go along for the ride.

We have no idea the extent and specificity of Nadette's powers, nor her ability to influence what she sees. It will be a lot easier to know if we should be scorning Nadette or not once we do.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Thor wrote: We have no idea the extent and specificity of Nadette's powers, nor her ability to influence what she sees.
I dont think she has any... It looks very much like she was 'taken over' by her vision, possibly through what Atsali has in her brain about the people.. At least that told her the quickest way to escape!