Get Out of the Way - 2015-02-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Get Out of the Way - 2015-02-20

Post by jwhouk »

WOW. That was sudden, even for Atsali.

Permalink to comic
Last edited by jwhouk on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Re: Get Out of the Way - 2015-02-20

Post by lake_wrangler »

Methinks she means business...
Dave

Post by Dave »

• Memory...
  • Recognition...
  • Golem Maker Woman!
  • Must. Terminate. With. Extreme. Prejudice!
That's my guess, at least.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

This could get real bad real fast if Nadette has seen a vision that makes her not agree with the judgement of Atsali. Will Stacie be friend or foe? Will Nadette and Atsali come to blows? Will my dog ever stop trying to jump on my lap when i am reading Waspi? For the answer to these and other exciting questions join us Monday on the next thrilling episode of Adventure Buddies!
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Thor

Post by Thor »

"SNARLE"?

Must be the French version of snarl. :D

Oh, and LINK
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

oldmanmickey wrote:This could get real bad real fast if Nadette has seen a vision that makes her not agree with the judgement of Atsali. Will Stacie be friend or foe? Will Nadette and Atsali come to blows? Will my dog ever stop trying to jump on my lap when i am reading Waspi? For the answer to these and other exciting questions join us Monday on the next thrilling episode of Adventure Buddies!
And what about Naomi?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Thor

Post by Thor »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: And what about Naomi?
Naomi, I moan.

A Toyota's a Toyota.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Thor wrote:"SNARLE"?

Must be the French version of snarl. :D
Snarle is in Sweden, just south of Vetlanda.

Since Atsali was speaking to Nadette, it's probably her way of calling her "Swedeheart" without being too obvious about it. ;)

(EDIT: Deposits some Kladdkaka into the Pun Jar, retroactively, to satisfy Opus the Poet's honorable sense of justice)
Last edited by Dave on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

"Swedeheart"?

There is a pun jar looking for you...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Oh, and Nadette's attraction to Atsali is getting out of control! All Atsali has to do is show up and say Nadette's name, and it's Blush City.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

So ... is Atsali hell bent on murder simply because this woman is Etheitian, or does she have a left over memory from the download to end all downloads which tells her Stasie is especially dangerous and/or vile? And how is she going to kill her in the first place? Apparently the chamber is quite strong and, as far as we know, Atsali does not have any super duper strength. OTOH, she may still have knowledge of where the "open" command switch is located and how to use it.

I doubt Atsali's burning desire to make Stasie sushi will be that straight forward in any event. Lover bear is probably going to stand in the way until Atsali listens to reason. That or someone else is going to show up and take the matter out of Atsali's hands, possibly poiting or vorping mystery girl out of there, stasis chamber and all. Whatever, I'm pretty sure Stasie is going to be around a while.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Well, with some luck we may get to hear why the Etheitians felt they needed an army of golems.

Or, Atsali can have her first murder. Have fun with that, Nadette.

Let's not forget that the lady in the box may be a golem. It's unlikely, but there has to be some reason she wasn't compressed into a crystal like the rest of her people.

PS - I like "SNARLE".
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Atsali... these repressed emotions need to be expressed- don't hold back, how do you REALLY feel about Stacie?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

KnightDelight wrote:So ... is Atsali hell bent on murder simply because this woman is Etheitian, or does she have a left over memory from the download to end all downloads which tells her Stasie is especially dangerous and/or vile?
I don't think Atsali saw any images on her last big adventure of anyone but Brandi ... so it must be someone from the (collective?) Etheitian memory/knowledge that remained in Atsali's mind.

Considering the state of mind the Etheitians were in ... there is a chance their memories/knowledge of Stasie might need to be taken with a grain of salt.

However, back in this page, Nadette, possible repeating Stasie's words said:
They said this might happen! We tried to stop them! There had to be another way!

I think someone might have already come up with the theory that Stasie & friends might have been trying to stop the creation of the World Grid.

Now, the Nu Gui was such a chess master that she could have set up/encouraged a opposition group to take the fall for the World Grid causing the world to go *BOOM!*.

Heck, not just take the fall, but give them information that they though would stop the World Grid, but instead caused a world wide disaster? Which, when you think about it, would be the Nu Gui's style. Get someone else to do the dirty work, make them think they are doing something good and then let them live just long enough to realise what evil they have done :twisted:.

So, Atsali's 'memories' of Stasie could be of someone who wanted to stop the World Grid and destroyed the world to do so. :o

That would explain Atsali's actions/words.

KnightDelight wrote:And how is she going to kill her in the first place? Apparently the chamber is quite strong and, as far as we know, Atsali does not have any super duper strength. OTOH, she may still have knowledge of where the "open" command switch is located and how to use it.

I don't thing it is as simple as knowing how to open an Etheitian stasis chamber.

My guess being that broke the door and put the cracks in the stasis chamber was the Nu Gui ... aka Brandi.

And if the Nu Gui didn't know how to 'open' the stasis chamber, and Brandi's strength wasn't enough to destroy is, then Atsali getting to Stasie and killing her may not be easy.

..... unless? That mysterious signal. Maybe it has the 'open sesame' code for the stasis chamber?

Lucky no-one is around to give Atsali the code :)

• "Oh! Hello grandma Lilly. Sorry we went ahead without you. What's that you have in your hand? A deciphered message that was in the mysterious signal."

*beep* *boop* *boop* *beep* *beep*

++PING++

"*SNARLE* Die Psychotic Bitch!"
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

hmmm ....

Yesterday's page has fractures/cracks(?) in the front of the stasis chamber/device http://wapsisquare.com/comic/stasis-chamber/

Todays's page has no such fractures/cracks. http://wapsisquare.com/comic/get-out-of-the-way/

yes, the perspective has changed slightly, but we should be able to see some of them.

uh-oh :shock:

Look at the wall behind Nadette.

In yesterday's page the wall was dull and we could see the cracks in the stasis chamber.

In today's page the wall is bright and we can't see the cracks.

:?:

Maybe, in one of those pages, Nadette is 'seeing' things from the inside of the stasis chamber :shock:

I am also just a little bit worried that while there is a pattern on the wall behind Nadette, in the last panel of today's page, there is no pattern on the wall behind Atsali.

Even if Atsali is right at the entrance to the room, when Nadette ran into the room that wall looked different. Maybe a sign that when 'we' are looking a Nadette, we are seeing things as they were, not as they are?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

jwhouk wrote:WOW. That was sudden, even for Atsali.

Permalink to comic
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Maybe this is a replay of sleeping beauty Wapsi style. Stasis Girl could be a very high rank and lead the group politicking against the making of the world grid. Their group could have guessed at the trap being set by the Nu Gui. So they developed and alternate means of protection if things went wrong. If they did then it is quiet possible the signal is either:

An alert that power is running out for the field and for someone to come help. With the destruction of the complex the power for the field could easily have been destroyed.

or

There was a timer set for how long to stay is the stasis field. Part of the Nu Gui plan was informing them it would take almost 1000 years for the earth to recover.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

zachariah wrote:There was a timer set for how long to stay is the stasis field. Part of the Nu Gui plan was informing them it would take almost 1000 years for the earth to recover.
Umm - wasn't the disaster that the World Grid triggered the Kikai Caldera, which was like 6,300 years ago?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Well several others came to the same conclusion I did this morning, that Atsali recognized the woman in the stasis chamber and for whatever reason did not like her. Now we have to wait until Monday to find out "Why?"
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

The fact that Atsali is using a "swear word" is telling me that she is not in control and that her automatic mode here, like when she smooshed Thymbris earlier. The only question is who or what programed her to go bat-shit crazy like this. Personally I think that it is a remnant of the Chess Master dumped into her when she took the original download.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.