Stasis Chamber 2015-02-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Thor

Stasis Chamber 2015-02-18

Post by Thor »

Linky

Looks like a new character.

Also can't tell if Nadette is still having visions of the past, or if this is a currently existing chamber.

The chamber seems to have fracture marks, but were they made from impacts from the inside or outside?
Mark N

Re: Stasis Chamber 2015-02-18

Post by Mark N »

Looks like this just became a rescue mission.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

"Do Not Use Product If Freshness Seal Is Broken."
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

"I have met the enemy, and she am ME!!!"... or am I the only one to see the similarities...
Last edited by Sgt. Howard on Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

This is looking so not good here. Given their luck this woman is the basis for the Pandora legend.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

Thor wrote:Looks like a new character.
That would be the lady Florence, I imagine... guardian of the crystal chamber. (Known to her friends, after all these centuries on duty, as "Maintaining-the-stasis Flo").

(Deposits several grams of thiotimoline into the Pun Jar... whereupon, just before striking the bitter tears wept by many of the readers here, it quite naturally dissolves).
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Given how long she's been in stasis, I hope there is a restroom near by.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

oldmanmickey wrote:This is looking so not good here. Given their luck this woman is the basis for the Pandora legend.

I would have tagged that on Thymbris
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Thor

Post by Thor »

oldmanmickey wrote:This is looking so not good here. Given their luck this woman is the basis for the Pandora legend.
This is the evil creature that is responsible for advertisements every three songs and only 3 skips an hour? Stasis is too good for her!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Wow... Nadette had what seemed like a single minded, driven determination to get away... and ran smack dab into something infinitely more complicating.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

:?:

I was right?

:shock:

--> All you need is love
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

The cracks to the chamber look suspiciously like bullet damage. I wonder if there is a skeleton laying nearby perhaps hit by one of his/her own ricochets?

As to identity, could she be related to vampire girl? Is she one of the Etheitian elites? Apparently she's not the girl that was bursting into flames in yesterday's episode. Though with Wapsi you never know. We all thought the girl shown being vaporized by the chimera was dead as well until we found out she was a very young Bia. Could be burning girl was not looking at Atsali but was looking at the girl now in the stasis chamber. Maybe a servant/daughter/friend of stasis girl urging her to leave her behind and rruuunnnn for the chamber. Again marking stasis girl as a higher up. Maybe royalty. Also, is she part of good Brandi's counter-plan to the Nu Gui?
Last edited by KnightDelight on Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Judging by the ruined door by the entry of the chamber I would say the damage was from the original eruption.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Thor wrote:The chamber seems to have fracture marks, but were they made from impacts from the inside or outside?
at a guess ... outside

Caused by the Nu Gui (Brandi) with her fists.

And if that's the case, the stasis field is disturbingly strong :shock:

The the Nu Gui (Brandi) is probably also the cause of the broken door Nadette conveniently didn't have to open ;)

-----

ps: anyone else notice signs of technology in the first panel? look at the ceiling. It almost looks like our 'modern' tech :p

pps: I wonder if there is just the one 'survivor', or are there more?

pppps: If this is the person Nadette was/is seeing the past through, I wonder how looking at 'herself' is going to affect her? A brief moment of confusion [that's ME! No, I'm me, that is someone else], or so serious mental trauma [AAARG! + collapse] or somewhere in-between?

ppppps: I was wondering what the thing behind the the young lady was, then I worked it out. It's the hem(?) of her dress .... burnt! :shock:. I think she only *just* got into stasis in time.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

The thing is, Nadette's current appearance is just something she chose to be her human form. I'm surprised she is maintaining it so well given her state of mind. Any similarities would be purely coincidental. I doubt there is any relationship. Whatever the case, stasis girl is a babe.

Also, Couldn't help myself ... viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14&start=1820#p44509
illiad

Post by illiad »

shadowinthelight wrote:Given how long she's been in stasis, I hope there is a restroom near by.
Nah, she has been caught halfway through a sneeze.... :P :D
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

ppppps: I was wondering what the thing behind the the young lady was, then I worked it out. It's the hem(?) of her dress .... burnt! . I think she only *just* got into stasis in time.

If she is released...it would still be smoking.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

jayessell wrote:
Grantwhy wrote:ppppps: I was wondering what the thing behind the the young lady was, then I worked it out. It's the hem(?) of her dress .... burnt! . I think she only *just* got into stasis in time.
If she is released...it would still be smoking.
good point ... in stasis there should be not noticeable passing of time ... which means if/when they (Ats-ette? Nad-ali? :?: ) do get her^ out of stasis, she^ is going to be in as much (or more) a state of panic as Nadette was and it may be quite a task to calm her^ down ..... and just when she^ is calming down, something will happen that causes Atsali and/or Nadette to shift form and as they say in the movies "Again with the running and screaming :roll:"
(bonus points to the first person who names that movie)

^ I feel bad about referring to the young woman in stasis as her/she. Can we come up with a temporary name to use while we wait for an actual name?
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

How about Stacie?
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

oldmanmickey wrote:How about Stacie?
That's good. Maybe spelled Stasie or Stasee?