Sit Here 2012-08-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
sonicthunder

Re: Sit Here 2012-08-16

Post by sonicthunder »

Yamara wrote:Still, maybe everyone could stop referring to Monica AS. FOOD.
Don't see that happening. When the plot was about Monica being the 'controller' of both the GGG and the Demon's doorway, everyone (even non-supernaturals) referred to her as princess. Whenever someone's acting dark or moody, Monica gets called sunshine. Now that the comic has shifted its gaze to Sphinxes and other supernatural species frequenting the Library and Earth (many of which can or have been accused of eating people), now Monica's pet name has shifted from Princess to food products.

Bathorys Daughter wrote:That's one thing I have never gotten about this "vore" thing. Like here, her prey is about as large as she is. Where is she putting it? Maybe she has an expando-stomach, still it seems like a bit much. Maybe she'll go back to it for the next few days. And is she going to cough up a massive hairball afterwards? Will she put the bones up for soup or gnawing later on? How about pickling some of the organs? Sick, sick questions.
Well, Phix is in her own house, part cat, and not wearing any pants.

So "where is she putting it" may not have a pleasant answer.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Hm. Hit "random" and it sprung up with this:

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/spoiled-now/

Naïveté has been M's issue since comic #1. Though she's been killed twice, and dodged bullets while seizing a bloody artifact, pulling focus on what death usually entails has not been shown to her, not in process, anyhow. Jin and Bud have demonstrated to her that they are not toys, and while we never heard the end of this conversation, Monica has:

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/empty-space/

So Monica has long been told of the depths of darkness around her. She's just never listened with such fidelity.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

sonicthunder wrote:Well, Phix is in her own house, part cat, and not wearing any pants.

Great. Now you have me wondering just how big that litter box would be.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

shadowinthelight wrote:
sonicthunder wrote:Well, Phix is in her own house, part cat, and not wearing any pants.

!

. . . . .

We haven't seen the ground the Library is resting on, yet.

:shock:
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Kaibyo

Post by Kaibyo »

Yamara wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:

!

. . . . .

We haven't seen the ground the Library is resting on, yet.

:shock:

:shock: Oh man! That'd take an AWFUL lot of Febreze and Pine-sol to freshen those rooms up! PU!!! :roll:
"Our scientific power has out run our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men" - Martin Luther King Jr.

"As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the whole world." - Virginia Woolf
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

Well, M is finally going to see that running around with gods, gorgons, demons, golems, sphinxes and the likes is very dangerous, even if they are super friendly. But she has yet to realize her own powers and her own danger level, I think that will balance things out.
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

Yup, completely believable response. That's the sound of a deflating naïf, right there.
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Well.... she unfroze and is screaming... that's... a good sign. At least the gears are turning again. Poor girl; the reality (how ironic!) of her situation just sunk in.

As for how much can Phix eat? Well... let's see....
  • Lions can eat roughly 1/5 of their body weight. But she's a sphinx, technically 2 torsos, so does that mean 2 stomachs? So that, and if we take into account the blood and gore on the walls...
  • Plus you have the whole rage/adrenaline thing going where she likely isn't noticing how full she is.
  • Plus it's a magical beastie and she seems to be absorbing its essence, so it's possible the flesh turns to energy/essence as it's devoured and is no longer physical.
  • AND she's a magical beastie herself in a self-healing library of holding so the same magi-physics could apply to her own stomach... I mean, look how much Monica can put away without exploding or dying!
  • Alternatively, maybe we were seeing things through Monica's eyes and her naivete and innocence made things look to her a lot worse than they were.
  • And it's a comic based on fantasy, so while it can be fun sometimes to figure out how things work, some people take this stuff waaaay too seriously and lose sight of the epic story the bard's painting for them. Sometimes things in a story may be exaggerated for effect or point.
*Edit*- Admittedly, the Phix-litterbox theories, though, are flippin hilarious. At her size, with those logs, you could build a cabin!
Last edited by Heartsong on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaibyo

Post by Kaibyo »

:!: And come to think of it - cleaning out that pan could be like one of the tortures of Hades! Remember Tantalus and the guy who had top roll a huge rock up hill forever?!?!?! Would you use the regular size scoop or a large economy sized one? Having 4 enthusiastic cats like I do, the kitty-pan cleanup is constant. Eternally scooping a nasty, poopy, urea-fragrant sphinx-pan? >shudder< Holy crap, indeed! (and pungent,too). :cry:

What, no "disgusted" smiley?!?!?!?
"Our scientific power has out run our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men" - Martin Luther King Jr.

"As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the whole world." - Virginia Woolf
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Hey, Wapsi loves to correct classic myths into its canon. Perhaps those weren't "stables" Hercules was cleaning for his labor. Phix is immortal after all, just like the alleged Augean livestock...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

MrFireDragon wrote:Well, M is finally going to see that running around with gods, gorgons, demons, golems, sphinxes and the likes is very dangerous, even if they are super friendly. But she has yet to realize her own powers and her own danger level, I think that will balance things out.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup!"
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

davids4250 wrote:I think Monica needs a good lie down.
Yes exactly. Poit her straight to Kevins' house. Soonest! ;)
Julie

Post by Julie »

MrFireDragon wrote:Well, M is finally going to see that running around with gods, gorgons, demons, golems, sphinxes and the likes is very dangerous, even if they are super friendly. But she has yet to realize her own powers and her own danger level, I think that will balance things out.
Hmm? Monica can poit herself and others...unless she decides to be cruel or evil, how is she dangerous?
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

Atomic wrote:"Do not meddle in the affairs of Sphinxes, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup!"
Fixed that for ya.
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
Takaal

Post by Takaal »

... could also be a bit of a shock from getting turned to stone. That's gotta feel confining for a girl who can Poit...

(But it's probably Phix-traumatic-stress.)
donoho

Post by donoho »

SHOCK & AAAAAUUUUUUGGGHHHHHH!!!

*plink*
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

Julie wrote:
Hmm? Monica can poit herself and others...unless she decides to be cruel or evil, how is she dangerous?
Well there are several pointers that Paul has given us, first she is a portal, a closed portal, but portals can always find a way to get opened... she isn't sealed, just closed... when shot at, either the bullets went through her and bounced off her by a power of her own that is triggered by reflex and not yet controlled or even truly discovered. She is idolized by several immortal and mythological beings, big guns will always look up to bigger guns, not the other way around, so they know something she doesn't know yet. As we have always known, we know nothing with Wapsi Universe.

But most of all and ss I mentioned in another post, she is the main character of this story. Main characters always tend to have a road to self discovery where they find their own powers, true, she has found some, but I believe she is yet to discover her own powers and control over other magical or mythological creatures. As main character she will hold the highest power that will require the strongest resolve and responsibility. And with great power comes grave danger to others, so yes, I do believe we will find out in the future that M can be hazardous to others in one way or another. Just, not yet.... not yet...

First we will see how those around her find their true origins and powers, because this will go much further than what we saw during the time loop arc.
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
as363

Post by as363 »

Speechless !
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:I can't say I have seen a good friend eating someone whole...
Crow T. Robot - Joel, could a werewolf eat a whole person?
Joel - Well, if he didn't fill up on breadsticks first.
Okay. Spit coffee at that one! Where's it from? Oh, and glad you're back, I thought maybe something had happened to you.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Julie wrote:
Think about Jin poiting various 'things' to get Monica ready. Imagine if Monica decided to 'poit' somebodys heart into the lake instead of just them. She's potentially dangerous as he!!. Not that she'd do anything like that right? :shock:
Oh, and now our little intellectual group has devolved into scat jokes? I'm down in the dumps now.
Last edited by Wdot on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt