By Jove 2015-2-3

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
oldmanmickey

By Jove 2015-2-3

Post by oldmanmickey »

By Jove

And we have a winner, ladies and gentlemen meet our 2015 Miss circular logic!!
Last edited by oldmanmickey on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Hanineal

Re: By Jove 2015-2-3

Post by Hanineal »

By Jove, I think she's got it!
What happens in the lab needs to stay in the lab... because it's such a bloody drag to have to rebuild civilization all over again.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Your link is borked - it says "http://" twice:

Code: Select all

http://http//wapsisquare.com/comic/by-jove/
Correct link is http://wapsisquare.com/comic/by-jove/

============

"Say goodnight, Thymbris."
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

She's right.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Damn Girl! The SIXTIES were GOOD to YOU!!!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

TRICKY!!!!

EDIT:

That look of D'OH!!!! on Tsillah's face in the last panel... PRICELESS!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

So Thymbris and Tsillah are musing
and Thymbris a thought is perusing
how she got so tricked
by a button so slicked
but logic to Mom is confusing

It appears now that Nadette and Atsali
must endeavor without their weird Pally
we trust Sali's skills
won't get them both killed
or wind them both up in South Bali

... deposits rustic sourdough bread loaf with aged, smoked gouda round and a 1998 Porto...
Last edited by Sgt. Howard on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Panel 1: That short dress is giving anybody below quite a show.

Panel 3:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

shadowinthelight wrote:Panel 1: That short dress is giving anybody below quite a show.

Panel 3:

... is that why she's crying out that warning? Shouldn't it be, "Look UP below,"?

WAIT A MINUTE- given her empty eyes, what does her nether regions look like? Are we looking at two OTHER vacant... ?
MUST! BLEACH! THOUGHT! AND! IMAGE! FROM! BRAIN!
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I'm gonna guess that Tsillah has had a lot of opportunity to practice that facepalm maneuver.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Sgt. Howard wrote:given her empty eyes
Are her eyes empty? When Tsilla speaks the inside of her mouth is colored in dark. When Thymbris opens her mouth it is white. Is she possibly glowing on the inside? A being of light gave birth to a being of dark?

edit: Nevermind, I went back a few pages and her mouth was dark. Paul's conservation of detail just left it white this time.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Dave wrote:I'm gonna guess that Tsillah has had a lot of opportunity to practice that facepalm maneuver.
And incentive.
Avenger_Reloaded

Post by Avenger_Reloaded »

Sponsored by the Department of Redundancy Department.
Myths which are believed in tend to become true. -George Orwell
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Mind: BLOWN.
Alright, everyone who guessed the Bibliothiki put those switches there on purpose - pat yourselves on the back.

Also: Those legs. Humina.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

shadowinthelight wrote:Panel 1: That short dress is giving anybody below quite a show.
Not sure. She seems to be somewhat fur covered except for her legs (maybe). Nudge is, including the legs. If so, she would have that angle covered, as it were. OTOH, she seems like the type who would go commando most of the time no matter the length of the skirt. Either by design or sheer forgetfulness. I think her daughters, while probably often exasperated at dear old mom, kinda enjoy her particular brand of pretzel logic and infant-like behavior (child-like would be giving her too much credit). Her antics may break up the long, long trudge towards eternity with some much needed comic relief. Of course, it helps to be pretty much indestructible so you can be around to enjoy the joke.

As far as others are concerned, it no doubt helps that she is basically a babe. Much can be forgiven if one is female and attractive. The guys, and some of the girls, are just waiting for what little clothes she has on to be blown, burned, or ripped off. An event which would not bother her too much I think. The immortals seem to have a casual relationship with modesty.

In any event she should not dwell on what happened too much. Her only two functioning synapses can take just so much before they cry uncle and slink off whimpering (again).
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Your link is borked - it says "http://" twice:

Code: Select all

http://http//wapsisquare.com/comic/by-jove/
Correct link is http://wapsisquare.com/comic/by-jove/

============

"Say goodnight, Thymbris."
corrected, my appologies
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Hmmmm, the phrase that comes to mind is "Nom, Nom, Nom...".
illiad

Post by illiad »

Just to remind... AFAIK the 'bodies' you see are a 'construct' (mom calls it 'a uniform' ), NOT their real bodies!!! they are manipulated like a 'puppet' by their 'real' shadow body... :)
If you 'look up' you will only see a 'blank space'... :P
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

By Jove! It was all a trick of the light!
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

illiad wrote:Just to remind... AFAIK the 'bodies' you see are a 'construct' (mom calls it 'a uniform' ), NOT their real bodies!!! they are manipulated like a 'puppet' by their 'real' shadow body... :)
If you 'look up' you will only see a 'blank space'... :P
That could be as it would explain how her skull head could become detached from her body like it did when bird-girl literally knocked her block off. Still, I believe Tsillah is the only shadow manipulator. Nudge, for instance, is a shape shifter. I think Thymbris is one as well. She also seems to share certain body similarities with Nudge. I'm not sure we are seeing her true body shape even now. After all, Nudge can also appear as a human complete with human legs which she does not have when in her true form. But who knows since these paranormals seem to be random mixtures of animals and humans. Those could be her actual leg shapes, unlike Nudge's animal shaped legs. I'll bet whatever entity came up with the mixed bodies of the paranormals is probably responsible for the Duck-Billed Platypus as well. Those creatures being a failed experiment with no sentience which escaped into the wild. In fact other of those failed experiments may exist there (like the kangaroo). At the time, the creators probably figured, what the heck. Nobody lives there anyway.

All in all I don't really understand how this shadow manipulation works. It would seem like Tsillahs true shadow form would have to be somewhere visible at all times since her created form is a projection of some sort. Yet that form seems to act as if it is independent. It can even manipulate objects. This was illustrated most clearly when she introduced herself to the vampires. Her true form had enveloped them with her projected form in the center.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap