Up Here 2015-02-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
oldmanmickey

Up Here 2015-02-01

Post by oldmanmickey »

Up Here
Moms ok, whew
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
lake_wrangler

Re: Up Here 2015-02-01

Post by lake_wrangler »

Interesting: Tsillah's not wearing shoes, and Thymbris turned more human, as per the scuff marks, for lack of a better word, on her legs and arms, which would not normally show on hairy appendages (we would see singed hair, at most, and it would look different...)

Although her left elbow is still hairy, apparently...
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

oldmanmickey wrote:Up Here
Moms ok, whew
... uh, no ... she never really WAS ok...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

And the Library cranks up Aretha Franklin over the PA system with:

Chain, Chain, Chain ...
(Chain, Chain, Chain) ...
Chain of fools ...

Thymbris starts swaying to the rhythm with abandon. Throwing her head back, whipping her hair back and forth. and snapping her fingers while joining in the chorus. Tsillah just stands there hoping the chain doesn't break.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

KnightDelight wrote:And the Library cranks up Aretha Franklin over the PA system with:

Chain, Chain, Chain ...
Chain of fools ...

Thymbris starts swaying to the rhythm with abandon. Throwing her head back, whipping her hair back and forth. and snapping her fingers while joining in the chorus. Tsillah just stands there hoping the chain doesn't break.
The chain does indeed break, on the outswing, sending Thymbris on a lovely arc-shaped trajectory. Tsillah runs towards the projected landing point, shouting "I got you, I got you!"

She didn't get her... :roll: :lol:
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

And the swooshing snorting sound you hear is Phix on her way
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

Why is it that I'm getting the feeling that the volcano Thymbris used to toss Nudge in for a bath...

... was the result of Thymbris trying to bake crullers, or change a lightbulb, or find loose change under the sofa cushions, or... ?

It's a good thing the Library is self-repairing. Thymbris seems to have raised the art of wanton accident-prone-ness to a high art form not seen in eons.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Thymbris was supposed to be standing next to the portal back to the girls, you know the one that is now a gapping hole in the floor.

Atsali and Nadette are now on their own without a line of retreat. Tsillah and Thymbris are going to have to find the nearest alternative portal and head overland to rejoin them. It would be a good time for the vampires to catch up to function as native guides, they have already been there and had to do it before.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:Why is it that I'm getting the feeling that the volcano Thymbris used to toss Nudge in for a bath...

... was the result of Thymbris trying to bake crullers, or change a lightbulb, or find loose change under the sofa cushions, or... ?

It's a good thing the Library is self-repairing. Thymbris seems to have raised the art of wanton accident-prone-ness to a high art form not seen in eons.

She was freshing the water in a goldfish bowl... she also created a mutant shark species in the process...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Were you all aware that before Thymbris started working there Hades was the number 1 vacation spot in the afterlife? However as the god Hades said when he found out, "There goes the neighborhood."
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Seems to me that Thymbris has ZERO impulse control. Nor a lick of common sense.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

whahahahaha.. Never thought someone could me more bonkers-out-of-there than Nudge.. It runs in the family, me thinks.

Oh, and the flying sheep in the last comic? Looks like someone watched How to train Your Dragon 2, or the TV-Series... (watch it, and suddenly understand the significance of flying sheep)
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Tsillah and Nudge must've had an interesting childhood.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

KnightDelight wrote:And the Library cranks up Aretha Franklin over the PA system with:

Chain, Chain, Chain ...
Chain of fools ...

then the chain starts swaying back and forth until Thymbris goes through a wall like a wrecking ball?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

*looks at sequence again*

Waittaminute!! This has the smell of Nudge allover. Could it be revenge for the copper-brush/lava thingy?? A violent prank like that is exáctly in Nudge's alley. She prolly' knóws her Mom can't resist a switch with a large warning-sticker above it... A very-specifically aimed booby-trap. And we knów that Nudge will be unable to resist the temptation of a well-aimed (explosive) prank..

I wonder, though, if Phix will appreciate "her" Library being partially (be it temporarily) obliterated due to a prank of her fellow-librarian.. :P
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

oldmanmickey wrote:Were you all aware that before Thymbris started working there Hades was the number 1 vacation spot in the afterlife? However as the god Hades said when he found out, "There goes the neighborhood."
Actually, Elysion was the number 1 vacation spot in Hades.

... don't mind me, I'm just trying to stamp out the modern misconception that all of Hades was hell. That's just Tartarus.
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Leave her hanging there Tisallah. Get the information you need and got back to Sali alone.

Now how many tropes have we seen this last week? I've counted four at least.

1. Button.
2. Moving shadows.
3. Leave idiot to guard important portal.
4. Split the party and expect them to return.

Which other tropes have I missed?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Oh. This is a surprise. I'd thought that explosion was a throwaway gag, not an actual plot development.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

DilyV wrote:Seems to me that Thymbris has ZERO impulse control. Nor a lick of common sense.
It runs in the family. Since they're also all immortal and nigh invulnerable their reunions must be epic Three Stooges style slapstick events.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

This comic ranges from the funny to the macabre and I'm never sure which it's going to be. However, this episode seems to be leaning to the Warner Bros. side of things and I can't say that I'm sorry! :D
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt