Up Here 2015-02-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Re: Up Here 2015-02-01

Post by AmriloJim »

Wdot wrote:This comic ranges from the funny to the macabre and I'm never sure which it's going to be. However, this episode seems to be leaning to the Warner Bros. side of things and I can't say that I'm sorry! :D
... sez the one with the username that could easily belong to Dot Warner.
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

Grantwhy wrote: then the chain starts swaying back and forth until Thymbris goes through a wall like a wrecking ball?
At least she's kept her clothes on.
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Phix: <cue Ricardo Montalban accent> "Looook what you've duuun to my library!!!!" </accent>

LOL! Yeah I'm thinking that Phix is going to be none too happy, even if it is self repairing. Not to mention that two young paranormals are now possibly cut off in a seemingly dangerous place. At the very least Atsali should have arranged a Geiger counter before she left... though why she'd want to measure freaky alien artists is beyond me.... :lol:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:Phix: <cue Ricardo Montalban accent> "Looook what you've duuun to my library!!!!" </accent>

LOL! Yeah I'm thinking that Phix is going to be none too happy, even if it is self repairing. Not to mention that two young paranormals are now possibly cut off in a seemingly dangerous place.
Lily and Suzi will almost certainly feel the same way. It would be interesting to see the evolution of the new "home support" team... the two MIB vampires, and the ancient sphinx who they're not quite entirely sure has gotten over her old prejudices against vampires. Hard to get into the team spirit, if you think that mildly annoying one of your coworkers will result in her either shooting you in the kneecap or ripping your face off...
At the very least Atsali should have arranged a Geiger counter before she left... though why she'd want to measure freaky alien artists is beyond me.... :lol:
No, no... Geiger is how the measurement is done... not what or who is being measured. The instrument detects the natural radioactivity from the Potassium-40 isotope found in every person's body. All large organizations have to keep one of those counters around, so that they can keep track of all of their personnel, keep records of people not present due to vacations or sick days, etc.

That's why it's called an HR Geiger.
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

Jay-Em wrote:Oh, and the flying sheep in the last comic? Looks like someone watched How to train Your Dragon 2, or the TV-Series... (watch it, and suddenly understand the significance of flying sheep)
And what are the commercial possibilities of ovine aviation?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Dave wrote:
DilyV wrote:Phix: <cue Ricardo Montalban accent> "Looook what you've duuun to my library!!!!" </accent>

LOL! Yeah I'm thinking that Phix is going to be none too happy, even if it is self repairing. Not to mention that two young paranormals are now possibly cut off in a seemingly dangerous place.
Lily and Suzi will almost certainly feel the same way. It would be interesting to see the evolution of the new "home support" team... the two MIB vampires, and the ancient sphinx who they're not quite entirely sure has gotten over her old prejudices against vampires. Hard to get into the team spirit, if you think that mildly annoying one of your coworkers will result in her either shooting you in the kneecap or ripping your face off...
At the very least Atsali should have arranged a Geiger counter before she left... though why she'd want to measure freaky alien artists is beyond me.... :lol:
No, no... Geiger is how the measurement is done... not what or who is being measured. The instrument detects the natural radioactivity from the Potassium-40 isotope found in every person's body. All large organizations have to keep one of those counters around, so that they can keep track of all of their personnel, keep records of people not present due to vacations or sick days, etc.

That's why it's called an HR Geiger.
I know what a Geiger Counter does and what its used for... I was referring to the artist, H.R. Giger... http://www.hrgiger.com/
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:I know what a Geiger Counter does and what its used for... I was referring to the artist, H.R. Giger... http://www.hrgiger.com/
Oh, I know (both sides)... that's why I was funnin' with you by deliberately recasting "H. R. Giger" into "H[uman]R[esources] Geiger".
sheik

Post by sheik »

Prester Fred wrote:
Jay-Em wrote:Oh, and the flying sheep in the last comic? Looks like someone watched How to train Your Dragon 2, or the TV-Series... (watch it, and suddenly understand the significance of flying sheep)
Prospects are not so good.
According to Monty Python sheep don't so much fly as plummet.
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

AmriloJim wrote:
Wdot wrote:This comic ranges from the funny to the macabre and I'm never sure which it's going to be. However, this episode seems to be leaning to the Warner Bros. side of things and I can't say that I'm sorry! :D
... sez the one with the username that could easily belong to Dot Warner.
HA! Maybe! Maybe!
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

i think a Desi Arnez Jr. accent would be better... "Thymbriiiisss, Chu got's some 'Splainin' to doo!"
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

sheik wrote:
Prester Fred wrote:
According to Monty Python sheep don't so much fly as plummet.[/quote}

... recovery from a power dive is limited... but not too shoddy if you fancy ground mutton
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
sheik wrote:
Prester Fred wrote:And what are the commercial possibilities of ovine aviation?
According to Monty Python sheep don't so much fly as plummet.[/quote}
... recovery from a power dive is limited... but not too shoddy if you fancy ground mutton
They're not flying, they're falling... with style! :P
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Here's what I think is an amusing thought: today's comic title is "Up Here", which is often used, by females, in the following sentence: "My eyes are up here"... However, in Thymbris' case, that would simply not apply...

Eyes? What eyes?
:lol: :P
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Sidhekin wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:Were you all aware that before Thymbris started working there Hades was the number 1 vacation spot in the afterlife? However as the god Hades said when he found out, "There goes the neighborhood."
Actually, Elysion was the number 1 vacation spot in Hades.

... don't mind me, I'm just trying to stamp out the modern misconception that all of Hades was hell. That's just Tartarus.
Actually Hell was Hel's final place for those who did not fall in battle nor lead exemplary lives to enter Valhalla. Different pantheon and everything.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Sgt. Howard wrote:... recovery from a power dive is limited... but not too shoddy if you fancy ground mutton
Be aware of the falling distance, though - too high & one might end up with underground mutton.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

MerchManDan wrote:Be aware of the falling distance, though - too high & one might end up with underground mutton.
I think I saw the Pun Jar over in the meat market, selecting a suitable tribute.