Leave 2012-08-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Bathorys Daughter

Re: Leave 2012-08-15

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Oh wow!! Just ... Wow! That was amazing, Paul. A chill went up my spine, literally. I did not expect that. I was just wondering how Monica would feel if she had witnessed the whole take-down and consuming of the prey. After she threw up several times, of course. How would she feel about Phix if she had seen it all? For that matter, how is she going to feel about her now? She might think she just disturbed her lunch with no idea of how it became lunch so she might just think Phix was a messy eater sometimes. I mean, we all tend to get a mite messy when we eat BBQ ribs or chicken. When, and if she finds out that was a fellow sphinx she would likely have a whole new outlook on Phix as an individual. How could anyone get past that? How could things ever be the same between them? At any rate, they're lucky Phix still has the presence of mind not to have considered them potential rivals for her prey and lept on them out of pure instinct. I guess for Euryale it's just another day in the supernatural world, but for Monica it may be very traumatizing. Perhaps life changing. Will she even be comfortable around Tina or Shelly when she knows the true meaning of "dangerous" as concerning her supernatural friends. Then there is worrying about her boss being around Phix. Might she wig-out in the middle of passion and pull a praying mantis on him? Questions, questions.

Again ... Wow!!
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Mark N wrote: "There are many humorous things in the world, among them the white man's notion that he is less savage than the other savages." ~Mark Twain, Following the Equator, 1897
From Runaway Train:
Sara: You're an animal!
Manny: No, worse! Human. Human!
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:Oh wow!! Just ... Wow! That was amazing, Paul. A chill went up my spine, literally. I did not expect that. I was just wondering how Monica would feel if she had witnessed the whole take-down and consuming of the prey. After she threw up several times, of course. How would she feel about Phix if she had seen it all? For that matter, how is she going to feel about her now? She might think she just disturbed her lunch with no idea of how it became lunch so she might just think Phix was a messy eater sometimes. I mean, we all tend to get a mite messy when we eat BBQ ribs or chicken. When, and if she finds out that was a fellow sphinx she would likely have a whole new outlook on Phix as an individual. How could anyone get past that? How could things ever be the same between them? At any rate, they're lucky Phix still has the presence of mind not to have considered them potential rivals for her prey and lept on them out of pure instinct. I guess for Euryale it's just another day in the supernatural world, but for Monica it may be very traumatizing. Perhaps life changing. Will she even be comfortable around Tina or Shelly when she knows the true meaning of "dangerous" as concerning her supernatural friends. Then there is worrying about her boss being around Phix. Might she wig-out in the middle of passion and pull a praying mantis on him? Questions, questions.

Again ... Wow!!
Well, she had the presence of mind to tell them to leave. And you're right. I don't think Monica has quite believed what everyone has been telling her up to now. Oh, she probably thought she believed it. But it has never been driven home so ...visceraly. Which is good. She'll take all of the warnings seriously. When a supernatural entity that dosen't have a vested interest in keeping her healthy threatens her, hopefully she won't hesitate in showing them what the bottom of the Marianas Trench or the heart of the Sun look like.
Casey

Post by Casey »

Of corpse it's time for Monica to get out of there. Okay, I'll admit that was a rather bare-bones effort.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

With Phix in her current state the LEAVE is a predator protecting her kill. I doubt it was motivated by a desire to protect anyone at all. Just simply leave me alone to finish my meal in peace. You see this behavior everywhere, even in humans. Try taking a bowl of ice cream away from a 3 year old and see how quick they try and bite. Our dog has been know to nip at us when we have to pick up the food dish before he is done and he is a toy poodle! The time to return when she is down to the tea and cakes stage of the meal. If they bring a nice brandy along she might be ready to talk.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Just sidetrack Monica with a Toriko book and a Deodato film. The rest will handle itself.

- - - - -

So now that Monica's witnessed this, how much worse can this visit to the library get for her? 1 friend traumatized, another greater traumatized to the point of mind-break, witnessed her first slaughter (the GGG and Shelly have seen gore in Wapsi-past, but not M), and was frozen today!

Considering her last 2 visits (frozen and almost saw Tina get killed again), Monica's really just got to stop coming to the library. Or start bringing Brandi with her again for some protection.

- - - - -

Meanwhile, at the coffee shop, Tina's demons are smiling for reasons they don't know.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Mark N wrote:
Atomic wrote:Show me somebody who waxes poetic about "Being at one with Nature" and I'll show you someone who hasn't figured out that Nature is an infinite stomach demanding to be fed.
Civilization rests on a few inches of top soil and the fact it rains.
Too true. How about this one;
"There are many humorous things in the world, among them the white man's notion that he is less savage than the other savages." ~Mark Twain, Following the Equator, 1897
Also, Paul this is a fantastic one.
too true. try saying that to a vegetarian! :D

The other myth about the country is that of a quiet idyllic life... be woken up at 5am or before by many squawking birds..(its bad enough, in the greener suburbs of London..) there is one round here that sounds like an un-oiled door!! :)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

"Nature, red in tooth and claw"?
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jabberwonky wrote:"Nature, red in tooth and claw"?
And floor. One hopes that the Library's structural self-healing capability includes a carpet-steamer.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I thought the floor there was tile. Eviscerated bodies clean up off that much easier than carpet. Don't ask me how I know...
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Graymalkin

Post by Graymalkin »

shadowinthelight wrote:I thought the floor there was tile. Eviscerated bodies clean up off that much easier than carpet. Don't ask me how I know...
You have cats living with you?

Or if you're more of an exotic animal harborer, monitor lizards?

(Friend of mine used to own a monitor lizard. Guy next door had a rather obnoxious ferret. One day the ferret snuck into my friend's apartment. Monitor lizard was considerate enough to have this meal in the bathroom with the tile floor. But all the bath towels had to be thrown away.)
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

shadowinthelight wrote:I thought the floor there was tile. Eviscerated bodies clean up off that much easier than carpet. Don't ask me how I know...
Presumably with a squeege and a mop. But if you put plastic sheeting down first... it's alot easier... to, um....

What? :?
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Dave wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:"Nature, red in tooth and claw"?
And floor. One hopes that the Library's structural self-healing capability includes a carpet-steamer.
I kind of imagine that any junk or trash that is left there out of any storage would simply get absorbed after a set period of time. I presume that would include putrifying corpses that were left lion around?

*tosses one Neminian lion skin into the pun jar. The poison is cleaned of of it. Honest.*
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

Well then, at least Monica will take all of those "WE'RE DANGEROUS" comments to heart... and lungs now. -clink- And i agree with the comment that it was not out of goodwill that Phix told them to leave, she was protecting her prey. Her wings were even mantled, like falcons do. She is a terrifying critter to behold when she's been riled about something. Jeesh.
ImageImage
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

*shudder*

I wouldn't worry about the Bibliothiki. I'm sure it'll Phix itself right up, now that the co-Head Librarian has had her lunch.

*clink*

On the note of house cats - I have one who's the gentlest, friendliest, most cowardly cat I've ever known - but if the food dish is empty at 9 in the morning, he'll come knead on your throat to make sure you're still alive and to get you up to feed him. Not a pleasant way to wake up.
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

davids4250 wrote:
Atomic wrote:Show me somebody who waxes poetic about "Being at one with Nature" and I'll show you someone who hasn't figured out that Nature is an infinite stomach demanding to be fed.

Civilization rests on a few inches of top soil and the fact it rains.
I have heard that civilization is only 9 meals away from barbarism. I think that is true. Starvation is a powerful force.
Go 20 miles in a straight line--straight as lightbeam--in almost any direction, and you are dead without being eaten. Nature largely doesn't care about your stomach, or being one.

There's a new robot on Mars. Civilization's no 90-pound weakling: Planning 9+ meals ahead is the core idea. Mistaking an English Garden for Nature is where the civilized can get themselves sidetracked.

It wasn't the finches that convinced Darwin, that was just the best proof. It was his encounter with the natives of Tierra del Fuego.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

Oh, for goodness' sake, give the catlady some wet napkins! Can't you see she is making a mess of herself with those BBQ ribs?!
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
as363

Post by as363 »

Shocking Great Art - thanks Paul.
Leak

Post by Leak »

"Do not taunt unhappy no-fun Sphinxball..." (rated naught to infinite sad onions for extreme violence and gore)
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Leak wrote:"Do not taunt unhappy no-fun Sphinxball..." (rated naught to infinite sad onions for extreme violence and gore)
:lol: Classic, Leak!
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.