Leave 2012-08-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Julie

Re: Leave 2012-08-15

Post by Julie »

sonicthunder wrote:
Yamara wrote: Her instinctive poiting is her best defense. Still, she is supposed to have guardians, isn't she?

Phix is invulnerable to all but other sphinxes in the Library, but I'm starting to get curious about Euryale's involvement.

Phix noted that even Brandi couldn't stop her in the Library, but plainly Brandi could poit M to safety, as could Bud.

Bud once told Brandi she didn't like Phix, because she was a celebrity for having done horrible things in the past. As usual with our favorite Common Sense Golem, she has a better handle on the graver dangers facing them than everybody else:

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/punishmentenough/

Jin of course is fragile now, but with a clear head must know better ways to guard M against the beings she faced in antiquity. And she is the teleportation grandmaster. The golems are supposed to be her posse, and they're noticeably absent.

For some reason, Euryale seems to have gotten the job of shepherding Monica here, above all these others. Maybe just as Phix is unreliable in this bloody situation, so too would be the former Chimera.
There's also Tepoz, but he's been enjoying his vacation of late.

I wouldn't bring Bud to the library though. Her resentment of Phix, let alone most other 'supernaturals', would probably end with her picking a fight.

Though now there's a problem. Brandi we know is too smart for her own good. And when Bud rants about Phix, Brandi makes comments like "I wouldn't wish her fate on anyone". It's a bit of a long shot, but Brandi may not have been referring to the imprisonment in the Library back here.
Holy guacamole!! I think you may have something there! :o Now I'm going to be wondering if Brandi has known about all of this all along...
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Fairportfan wrote:
Wdot wrote:Also, don't forget Euryale is a Titan, and would be perfectly suited to defend Monica if the need would arise.
Actually, no - she's a Gorgon.

Which makes her the daughter of Phorcys and Ceto, and the sister of Echidna, who was (or wasn't, depending on how you read the texts) the mother of Phix.
You are correct she isn't a Titan. But she is the grandaughter of Gaia who was mother to the Titans. So she isn't a lightweight and is immortal and can turn things to ice. The Greek pantheon is extremely complicated and incestuous and it is easy to make a mistake considering the fact that many sources disagree. So my point about Monica being well accompanied stands. Forgive me for the relational screw up, I can't even keep mine straight. :)
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Julie wrote:
sonicthunder wrote:
Yamara wrote: Her instinctive poiting is her best defense. Still, she is supposed to have guardians, isn't she?

Phix is invulnerable to all but other sphinxes in the Library, but I'm starting to get curious about Euryale's involvement.

Phix noted that even Brandi couldn't stop her in the Library, but plainly Brandi could poit M to safety, as could Bud.

Bud once told Brandi she didn't like Phix, because she was a celebrity for having done horrible things in the past. As usual with our favorite Common Sense Golem, she has a better handle on the graver dangers facing them than everybody else:

Jin of course is fragile now, but with a clear head must know better ways to guard M against the beings she faced in antiquity. And she is the teleportation grandmaster. The golems are supposed to be her posse, and they're noticeably absent.

For some reason, Euryale seems to have gotten the job of shepherding Monica here, above all these others. Maybe just as Phix is unreliable in this bloody situation, so too would be the former Chimera.

I wouldn't bring Bud to the library though. Her resentment of Phix, let alone most other 'supernaturals', would probably end with her picking a fight.

Though now there's a problem. Brandi we know is too smart for her own good. And when Bud rants about Phix, Brandi makes comments like "I wouldn't wish her fate on anyone". It's a bit of a long shot, but Brandi may not have been referring to the imprisonment in the Library back here.
Holy guacamole!! I think you may have something there! :o Now I'm going to be wondering if Brandi has known about all of this all along...

Brandi knows EVERYTHING! And what she doesn't know, she figures out...it's like being a mom.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

I claim sanctuary in the Latverian Embassy.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Julie wrote:
sonicthunder wrote:

Jabberwonky wrote:Brandi knows EVERYTHING! And what she doesn't know, she figures out...it's like being a mom.
Ah, not quite. Some information was certainly kept from her. Like the major part of the plan to repair Jin.

And like . . . sphinxes :

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/best-plan/

"Did Bud tell you...?" Apparently not. Brandi may have teased it out of M, but Bud kept that info under wraps for quite awhile.

For some reason. Some possibly very delicious and scrumptious reason.

So we wouldn't want Brandi... to break her diet, now, . . . would we?
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

The next day, at the dry cleaners...

Phix - So, can you get blood out of clothes?
Dry Cleaner Employee - Most of the time, yes. Let me see, that shouldn't be much of a pro... blem...
Dry Cleaner Employee - WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED TO THIS BLOUSE?!?
Phix - Oh, nothing much... just a small... incident in my workplace...
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

lake_wrangler wrote:The next day, at the dry cleaners...

Dry Cleaner Employee - Most of the time, yes. Let me see, that shouldn't be much of a pro... blem...
I've had a personnel dispute or two I wish I could have solved like that.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

I think the issue is more about getting the clothes out of the blood - there's more blood than cloth in panel 2 :shock:
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Maybe the Library has a system to clean the clothes like the auto repair system it has for its walls.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Atomic wrote:For the overly idyllic vegetarian, may I suggest reading "The Desert Year" by Joseph Wood Krutch. A naturalist and philosopher wandering the Southwestern US, one topic he touches isthe struggle for life of desert flora with that of the rainforest. The battle of plant vs plant is every bit as forceful and devastating as they compete for light, water, and reproduction.
I also recall a scene from a Nature program where two colonies of sea anemones are competing--a sort of slow-motion collision of two Greek phalanxes.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Phix - Oh, and what about feathers? Do you have anything that can take blood stains out of feathers?
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Phix - Oh, and what about feathers? Do you have anything that can take blood stains out of feathers?
The fact that sphinxes have both feline and avian characteristics, means that the old expression about "the cat which ate the canary" can actually work both ways in a sphinx-on-sphinx deathmatch.
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Somehow, I wager Phix will bully Nudge into handling all the custodial duties.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
The fact that sphinxes have both feline and avian characteristics, means that the old expression about "the cat which ate the canary" can actually work both ways in a sphinx-on-sphinx deathmatch.
So, now we can talk about the 1000 pound canary in the room?
as363

Post by as363 »

bmonk wrote:So, now we can talk about the 1000 pound canary in the room?

I'd say very carefully - and quietly..
Dave

Post by Dave »

bmonk wrote:So, now we can talk about the 1000 pound canary in the room?
Chirp.
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Dave wrote:

I think the issue is more about getting the clothes out of the blood - there's more blood than cloth in panel 2 :shock:
Which could lead the dry cleaner employee to say:
"Oh, you mean this small white spot here? That's odd, a blood stain should be red or brown or ... Wait ... OMG!! This isn't a red blouse with a white stain, is it!!?"
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
titmouse

Post by titmouse »

I thought (based on the horns) that the corpus delicta might BE Nudge.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

titmouse wrote:I thought (based on the horns) that the corpus delicta might BE Nudge.
Nope. The horns are not in Nudge's shape.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

bmonk wrote:
titmouse wrote:I thought (based on the horns) that the corpus delicta might BE Nudge.
Nope. The horns are not in Nudge's shape.
Not (appropriately) twisty (or kinky, take your pick) enough.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber