Take out the Trash 2015-01-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Take out the Trash 2015-01-22

Post by DilyV »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/take-out-the-trash/

Holy Crap!!! Atsali giving classes on how to kick ass and look marvelous doing it!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Take out the Trash 2015-01-22

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

"...and it's a high hard one, right over the plate ... she stands ... she swings AND IT'S OUTTA THERE!!!"

=============

The double-bank shot is great ... and i LOVE Atsali's expression in Panel Two, particularly the Tonguetip of Concentration.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:"...and it's a high hard one, right over the plate ... she stands ... she swings AND IT'S OUTTA THERE!!!"
That first panel reminds me of "Bing bing biiiiiing... Ricochet Rabbit!!!

I love the look of determination on her face as she winds up for the final hit... but the skull... what or whomever that is... it's sentient. If sees a world of hurt coming and knows its gonna hurt. The expression on it's face actually shows emotion...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Shoryuken?

Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

screwball in the corner pocket... double bank shot... eightball left in the clear...

... nice shootin', kid...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Told ya, Cambions are hellacious warriors.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

I love the look of determination on her face as she winds up for the final hit... but the skull... what or whomever that is... it's sentient. If sees a world of hurt coming and knows its gonna hurt. The expression on it's face actually shows emotion...[/quote]

Impaled into the ceiling by it's own fangs, it is seeing stars and hearing bells and birdies- and in due time will be wondering how to get down from there.
"NAO WA' GOO I GOO??? GISH REALLY SCHUXS, OO GNOW..."
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Bad form from Sali. She did not shout the name of the power blow she was about to use. All fighters with amazing powers have names for their moves. It's a rule of martial art comics after all. What would this one be called, I know! Jawbreaker.

"Hieaaaaa Jawbreaker"

Pow!!!!

I'd hate to see the dentist bill.

Ya know in panel 2 Sali stance and expression reminds me a bit of Mammy Yokum winding up.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Thor

Re: Fake out the Trash 2015-01-22

Post by Thor »

Am I the only one who is freaked that she suddenly has magic powerfists? It's not something I expect from sirens nor succubi/incubi. Is she another "hidden uber-monster", like Monica, or Shelley, or Tina, or Justin, or . . .
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

OMG! Does 'Sali look cool or what? This is going to be really embarrassing if the skull is actually a good guy. (OBTW, what happened to her forehead markings in the middle panel?) 8-)
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

OK, now that this little 'problem' has been addressed, what troubles have our other two runners run into for our raptor girl to solve?
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Looks like Atsali has been taking unarmed combat lessons from Bud. Nice eye lights in frames 2 and 3.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Aed

Post by Aed »

Is that astral fire in frames two and three? :shock:

Is that tar dripping from the skull in frame four or a skin of evil.
Last edited by Aed on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

zachariah wrote:Ya know in panel 2 Sali stance and expression reminds me a bit of Mammy Yokum winding up.
I see Al Capp borrowed Jimmy Hatlo's hat after that comment.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Throw the girl into a corner and she'll come back at'cha swingin boots and fists.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Ethetian knowledge is showing up here, notice the eyelights and the glowing hand? Not a "normal" fighting style. I think we are finding out how Atsali survived to write those YA adventure stories.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Opus the Poet wrote:Ethetian knowledge is showing up here, notice the eyelights and the glowing hand? Not a "normal" fighting style. I think we are finding out how Atsali survived to write those YA adventure stories.
She became a sideshow freak for a traveling carnival?
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:That first panel reminds me of "Bing bing biiiiiing... Ricochet Rabbit!!!
BWAHAHA! That is exactly what went through my head!

Well, almost exactly. I was remembering the musical version (it was on a vinyl LP, I think, with other Hanna-Barbera cartoon-character songs), which goes "Bing bing biiiiiing... Ricochet SPLAT!!!"
I love the look of determination on her face as she winds up for the final hit... but the skull... what or whomever that is... it's sentient. If sees a world of hurt coming and knows its gonna hurt. The expression on it's face actually shows emotion...
Can almost here it thinking "Aw, hell... here it comes!"

This is a rather fascinating new aspect to Atsali... but where did it come from? Are all Sirens capable of such stunts, when they reach maturity and then something gets their dander up? Perhaps, in the Wapsiverse, Sirens are also holding down the "Amazon female warrior" franchise? or is it a latent effect of the Ethetian incident?
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Sheeeeeeee shoots and SCORES! Awww Scratch my back with a Hacksaw! - with thanks to Mike Lange, voice of The Pittsburgh Penguins.
CraigR

Post by CraigR »

Holy Sh!t! From the bank shots she's doing, maybe her T-shirt should be white, in honor of finer cue balls everywhere!