Not A Problem 2015-01-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Not A Problem 2015-01-16

Post by DilyV »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/not-a-problem/

At least Tsillah doesn't hold a grudge
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
oldmanmickey

Re: Not A Problem 2015-01-16

Post by oldmanmickey »

Yea granny is coming all right but i am thinking she will not be a happy camper at all
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I wonder if just maybe Sali is beginning to realize running head long into this adventure was not the brightest thing she ever did. Especially with the haunted house comment from Tsillah. Lot's of horror movies trophs have to be running through her head. Also the casual remakr that students were not expected. That shot a big hole in her paranoid idea MIB was trying to keep her away.

Tsillah was surprised and it seems Sali's speed of reaction is what let the punch land. I suspect Tsillah did not expect that reaction either.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
ArendJK

Post by ArendJK »

Wait. Am I missing smoothing?
Isn't that Monica's 8-Ball T-Shirt?
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

ArendJK wrote:Wait. Am I missing smoothing?
Or one like it. She's been wearing it since going out to head to the coffee shop Jacob works at.

Edit: we know she has tried Monica's shirt on before, so maybe she decided she liked the style and either asked for it, or bought one like it (perhaps with the MIB-sponsored shopping spree.)
Last edited by lake_wrangler on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

ArendJK wrote:Wait. Am I missing smoothing?
Nuttin' Smooth about Atsali! She ALL bumpy!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

zachariah wrote: Especially with the haunted house comment from Tsillah. Lot's of horror movies trophs have to be running through her head.
Yeah. If this situation isn't triggering her creepy-movie detector, it's only because she hasn't stopped for long enough to hear the eerie music. But, since Tsillah has just spoken the equivalent of "What could possibly go wrong?", Atsali is now in a fine position to say "Let's hide behind the chainsaws!"

And, adding to her knowledge of modern culture, she could well be searching her cyberneticized memories of an entire dead civilization, and doing a bit of mental research...

Code: Select all

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT incidents) FROM mysteries_table
  WHERE participant_age < 18 AND radiation_level > ".1 millirem/hour"
    AND survivor_count = participant_count;
... and not getting a comforting answer.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Atsali might soon realize that this is how it feels to be on the other side of the headlong equation, considering the Shady Lady's enthusiasm.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Explore a Haunted House you say? Lets see, we've got Daphne and Velma, "Zoiks" like, all we need is Shaggy, Freddy and Scooby-Doo and we're all set. ;) :lol:
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

First things first: Atsali has her own 8-ball t-shirt, apparently. But yes, it is based on Aunt Monica's.

Second - Who out there suddenly had the theme from Scooby Doo, Where Are You? play in your head after Tsillah's statement in the last panel?
EDIT: I see The Doctor had the same response. :D

Third - Yeah, it does look like Granma Lily and Aunt Suzi are going to be along momentarily at any moment.
Last edited by jwhouk on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

TheDOCTOR wrote: all we need is Shaggy, Freddy and Scooby-Doo and we're all set. ;) :lol:
Would Baxter and Boo do, for Shaggy and -doo?
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Hey Tsillah: The "haunted house" comment? Not helpful. :roll: Also, having been offline for a couple of days & not gotten around to reading other threads, I'll just assume somebody's made a "Scooby Doo" analogy to this outing already.

EDIT!! Aaaugh, see what I mean!?
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Dave wrote:Would Baxter and Boo do, for Shaggy and -doo?
They're both dogs so Scooby-Doo and either Scooby-Dum or Yabba-Doo.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Thor

Post by Thor »

MerchManDan wrote:Hey Tsillah: The "haunted house" comment? Not helpful.
With Tsillah you have about a 50/50 chance that she will either be mildly helpful or egregiously stupid.

And a 90% chance that she will be really annoying.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

All right!

What in the name of Hecate's G-string is that pointy eared goblin Tsillah playing at this time?
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Explore a Haunted House you say? Lets see, we've got Daphne and Velma, "Zoiks" like, all we need is Shaggy, Freddy and Scooby-Doo and we're all set. ;) :lol:
Atsali's expression in the last panel. That so needs a though balloon with the work "Jinkies!" :)

*edit*

with her use of "and, like" plus her (sometimes) lack of awareness, I'm nominating Tsillah for the Shaggy role.
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

going back to the first panel, is anyone else getting the feeling that regardless of how fast Atsali moved/reacted, Tsillah was surprised she was able to hit her?

I still think there is something about Atsali that allowed her to hit Tsillah when Tsillah wasn't 'there' in a place/form to be hit.

:?:
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Dave

Post by Dave »

Stigmartyr762 wrote:All right!

What in the name of Hecate's G-string is that pointy eared goblin Tsillah playing at this time?
Well... the last time Tsillah showed Initiative, she seemed to have been trying to curry favor... with her father and with the Library and maybe the MIB organzation. She set up Kath and Atsali to try to solve two big problems at once (getting rid of the Nu Gui whose existence troubled Charon, and getting the Ethetian info into the Library's hands) then tried to recruit Kath into the MIB.

This time... she said that she's there because of the Library, but she didn't actually say the Library sent her... she might have gotten orders from MIB, or might be free-lancing a bit on her own initiative again.

My impression is that she really wants to be a Big Part of Big Things, hasn't yet grown into a role of sufficient influence yet, isn't really mature enough for the job yet, and is eagerly seeking ways to make it happen (maybe faster than it should).

And, as a shadowy whatever-she-is, she may not yet really appreciate how easy it is for humans (nd many paranormals) to get hurt, and how permanent such hurts can turn out to be. If so, this eould make her a poor quest-planner.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Granny and auntie are the bumbling cops always just two steps behind the gang. Berdine and Calista as the final two gang members. However lets dont forget Castela taking the place of trusty little scrappy doo.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

oldmanmickey wrote:Granny and auntie are the bumbling cops always just two steps behind the gang. Berdine and Calista as the final two gang members. However lets dont forget Castela taking the place of trusty little scrappy doo.
No.

If anyone is the Scrappy, it's Tsillah.
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.