Not A Problem 2015-01-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TazManiac

Re: Not A Problem 2015-01-16

Post by TazManiac »

A couple of threads back, there was speculation on who was in the car with G'Ma. (Of course, Suzi most likely...)

I'd have expected Suzi to be a natural choice by default, but I also thought they might be dragging some of Atsali's cohorts into the supporting role they had in mind for Atsali.
eh,
maybe not.
then.
at that time. As an aside, it's been bugging me a little that the twins aren't on an adventure together. (Unless you count New Years...).

Now that Ninja-Smoke-Gal has (apparently) rubber-stamped Atsali and Nadette being 'in on it', maybe they can requisition some more folks.
Folks like a certain mini-Princess of Power and a handy extra Ursomorph to complete the set.

(Heck, maybe them two are running around trying to find the first two; "Hey!, have you seen my sister?, I 'felt' her nearby and then "poof!"... , "Yeah, and where is Atsali?, she was supposed to meet me here...")
illiad

Post by illiad »

ArendJK wrote:Wait. Am I missing smoothing?
Isn't that Monica's 8-Ball T-Shirt?
curse you, autocorrect??? :P :)
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

I think Atsali is going 'Is this how I looked to Mom when we started our adventure? And can I perform as well as her?!'
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

My2Cents wrote:I think Atsali is going 'Is this how I looked to Mom when we started our adventure? And can I perform as well as her?!'
I like that idea.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

My2Cents wrote:I think Atsali is going 'Is this how I looked to Mom when we started our adventure? And can I perform as well as her?!'
I suspect it might be:
"Is this how I looked to Mom back then? What is this crazy girl going to drag me into now?"

Have you ever noticed that invulnerable immortals then to be very casual about walking into things most mortals would consider only an idiot would attempt and encourage those same mortals to go along with them? It is like the immortals do not consider they may be getting the mortals killed just because they can't be hurt.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Tsillah may be paying a debt to Atsali by letting her strike her. Tsil has a penchant for fibbing to get positive results.

Atsali is a haunted house. She's a haunted house who's gone ghost hunting.

And what would be a game to Nadette? Games have uncertain outcomes. It would be more like a fable. Or, look at it this way, it's like a script, like they're acting.

Meanwhile, in the next room, Plato and John Knowles are comparing notes.

Break a leg.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

A Shadow, an Ursamorph and a Siren walk into a haunted house...

Nah, no joke here. ;)
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Explore a Haunted House you say? Lets see, we've got Daphne and Velma, "Zoiks" like, all we need is Shaggy, Freddy and Scooby-Doo and we're all set. ;) :lol:
Pretty sure Tsilah is "Freddy".
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Anyone else wondering if there's a massive age gulf between Nudge and Tsillah?
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

zachariah wrote:I wonder if just maybe Sali is beginning to realize running head long into this adventure was not the brightest thing she ever did. Especially with the haunted house comment from Tsillah. Lot's of horror movies trophs have to be running through her head. Also the casual remark that students were not expected. That shot a big hole in her paranoid idea MIB was trying to keep her away.

Tsillah was surprised and it seems Sali's speed of reaction is what let the punch land. I suspect Tsillah did not expect that reaction either.
Keeping in mind that the entire population of said haunted house has already gone through Atsali's mind, and finally died. What more could a haunted house hold in store? What are they gonna do, slime her? (throws a Ghostbusters token into the pun jar).

I have no idea where this is headed, but we seem to be making excellent time. . . .
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

You guys with your Scoobies ...

Now seeing Atsali is faster than Tsillah's shadow, may I reference Lucky Luke?

8-)
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Gyrrakavian wrote:Anyone else wondering if there's a massive age gulf between Nudge and Tsillah?
I'm not wondering... I'm convinced of it...

Sidhekin wrote:You guys with your Scoobies ...

Now seeing Atsali is faster than Tsillah's shadow, may I reference Lucky Luke?

8-)
I like that analogy! :D
(I grew up reading Lucky Luke - in French...)

Speaking of shadows, I find it interesting to see just how connected Tsillah is to her shadow: step on my foot, and I'll feel it; step on my shadow, and I won't even know... Not so with Tsillah. She apparently has a very direct connection with her shadow: the closed left eye and the star next to the head seem to indicate, to me, that she really felt that blow.
Thor

Re: Is A Problem 2015-01-16

Post by Thor »

Among other things, Nadette sudden change of tone is really interesting. We go from her cooing at Atsali: "The Library must trust us both. Maybe seeing that we're good together. What'cha think of that?" to stern and all-business: "I'm sorry to be curt, but this isn't a game" in the space of a couple seconds.

Has Nadette just went from casual to alert because she recognizes Tsillah as a threat or a precursor of disaster, or is she just miffed because Shadow Girl box-blocked her while she was planting the seeds of long-range seduction?
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Thor wrote:Among other things, Nadette sudden change of tone is really interesting. We go from her cooing at Atsali: "The Library must trust us both. Maybe seeing that we're good together. What'cha think of that?" to stern and all-business: "I'm sorry to be curt, but this isn't a game" in the space of a couple seconds.

Has Nadette just went from casual to alert because she recognizes Tsillah as a threat or a precursor of disaster, or is she just miffed because Shadow Girl box-blocked her while she was planting the seeds of long-range seduction?
You're leaving out her tone of sincerity and resignation in panel one, that comes in between. Nadette does not want to lie, so she stopped playing coy games. And then she said it outright.

Tsillah did seem to surprise her, though. Interruptions to hardcoded fate are usually good signs for a seer. Usually.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Yamara wrote:
Thor wrote:Among other things, Nadette sudden change of tone is really interesting. We go from her cooing at Atsali: "The Library must trust us both. Maybe seeing that we're good together. What'cha think of that?" to stern and all-business: "I'm sorry to be curt, but this isn't a game" in the space of a couple seconds.

You're leaving out her tone of sincerity and resignation in panel one, that comes in between. Nadette does not want to lie, so she stopped playing coy games. And then she said it outright.

Tsillah did seem to surprise her, though. Interruptions to hardcoded fate are usually good signs for a seer. Usually.
You mean panel one here? I'm not hearing the resignation that you are hearing, obviously. That's the problem with all-visual art--it's hard to "hear" tone, meaning, and any other subtle nuances. We need a bit more context or follow-up, and it looks like the action is going to preempt that for a while.

Personally, I think she was going to have something else to say, or she was waiting for a more verbal response from Atsali, when the lights went out and Scrappy Doo showed up. Alas, we may never know.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I'd say a little of column A, a little of column B.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

A little off topic, but I stumbled across a photo of the ursamorphs. . http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uplo ... day-24.jpg
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
michaelbirks

Post by michaelbirks »

lake_wrangler wrote: Speaking of shadows, I find it interesting to see just how connected Tsillah is to her shadow: step on my foot, and I'll feel it; step on my shadow, and I won't even know... Not so with Tsillah. She apparently has a very direct connection with her shadow: the closed left eye and the star next to the head seem to indicate, to me, that she really felt that blow.
I thought Tsillah _was_ Shadow, with the body merely a construct for dealing with the protoplasmic. ("Stevens Door" is the reference I'm thinking of, along with the comments on the previous couple of entries.)
michaelbirks

Post by michaelbirks »

If we're really entering the Scooby-zone, then the obvious addition to this little mystery-solving team is Dietzel, subverting the Scooby role into the Responsible Adult.

(I mean, looking back on things with my head tilted just-so, it's entirely clear that he has been Monica's MIB handler at least as far back as the incident with the banana)
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

Atsali in the last panel: "Wait, you mean I'm the responsible one this time?"