Pecking Order 2012-08-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Redheadedcyclone

Re: Pecking Order 2012-08-14

Post by Redheadedcyclone »

MrBill wrote:Notwithstanding the events of the past couple of days...
So, what have we learned?
1. Tina has stated time and again that sphinxes are dangerous 'critters'. Of course, the opinions of prey regarding their predators may occasionally lean towards being somewhat biased, but she may have called this one right.
2. We may now know why Shelly was having such a hard time controlling her temper. Also, whatever we thought Shelly was a while back isn't what we think she is today. Tomorrow - ?
3. Bia is a new player in town who may have some issues. She's the personification of force, admittedly disfunctional, and seems to be been working towards some mysterious goal in her spare time. Oh yeah, in the past, Bia used to hang around with the ferryman to Hades. Are they still buddies? Do we care? Additionally, Bia may not be overly pleased with Phix at the moment.
4. Justin/Ephmetheus is also a Titan. From what little mythology I know and the minute amount that I actually understand, Justin/Ephmetheus may have some reasons for not particularly caring for Bia.
5. Monica may have 'leveled-up' with exercise and picked some high-tech support, but Monica-as-we-understand-her-today is involved with individuals whom are somewhat more dangerous than the smugglers she encountered during the calendar machine exploit. Of course, we know that Monica has eye- and face-lights and can poit both people and incoming projectiles, so she's not exactly the stereotypical girl next door - except possibly in the Wapsi Square neighborhood. I keep thinking that some day we'll find that Monica is more than she seems...
6. Euryale's role in all of this - outside of helping Monica chill out ('clink, clink, clink' goes the pun jar) - has yet to be clarfied. Meanwhile her sunny exterior masks an inner icy calm. (clink!)
7. Outside of Shelly inquiring as to the possibility of Brandi's potential involvement in some matchmaking, we don't know how Bud, Brandi, and/or Jin might be involved in all this. Bud may originally be from somewhere around Greece, so she's probably in. Brandi's name has come up (clink!) so she's probably in, too. Jin? No idea. While Jin's not the golem that she used to be, she's no more fragile than Monica.

Do I have a point to make? No, not really. However, the pieces are starting to appear on the board, and the plot is starting to take shape. It looks like Paul's got an interesting story up his sleeve.

As for me, it's time to pull out a bag of popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show.

-- Bill
Thank you, Mr Bill!

That was incredibly helpful...
The Universe is not Vindictive.

I subscribe to the A.A. Milne School of Capitalization. If it is an Important Idea, then it should be Capitalized.