Hold on 2015-01-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

Hold on 2015-01-12

Post by zachariah »

Not they are not! Airbags deploy on impact. Hers deploy on intent!

I shouldn't do this but, Sali has boo boo! Will Nadette offer to give them a kiss and make them feel better?

Those who mentioned the amulet preventing her wings from working all get cookies, big cookies!

They are down the rabbit hole. Now where did this land them? Given that there did not appear to be a normal interface into the library I suspect they did not have proper permission to use that entrance just then. This could be a holding area for unauthorized entrance. Either that or Minneapolis has a subway system they never told anyone about.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Hold on 2015-01-12

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

How long before Nadette's ears grow big and fuzzy?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Poor Nadette. ;) :mrgreen:
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Sure they are...
Good point. But Sali's eye's were not glazed, or tilted either. I suspect this landing was harder than the one with Kathy.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

Stupid talisman!

Doing what she told it to do rather than what she wants!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

one must also factor in age. they do tend to get a tad bit softer as they mature.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Atsali and Nadette flew through space,
and found the pit of the place,
Atsali's backside did pay,
but her boobs saved the day,
imprinted with Nadette's blown face-

Now Nadette is all in a flurry,
as a result of Atsali's hurry,
but the cleavage she tasted,
has left her quite wasted,
and soon her ears will grow furry

So this leaves all us readers perplexed,
with one sore and the other one vexed,
How long will they stay,
in an innocent way,
before engaging in underage [BLEEP!]

... deposits bagels and lox with cream cheese in confusion corner with sliced summer sausage and swartzenbrot...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

jayessell wrote:Stupid talisman!

Doing what she told it to do rather than what she wants!
What does that talisman think it is? A computer?!?
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

There's an Internet meme, "You had one job...."
In this case, the talisman had one job, and did it TOO well.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

"Ohmigod, Nadette, your nose is bleeding!" :lol:
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

zachariah wrote:They are down the rabbit hole. Now where did this land them? Given that there did not appear to be a normal interface into the library I suspect they did not have proper permission to use that entrance just then. This could be a holding area for unauthorized entrance. Either that or Minneapolis has a subway system they never told anyone about.
nah, it's probably an entrance designed for FLYING patrons... of which Atsali forgot about the amulet preventing her wings from deploying...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Heh, derp eyes from the impact but blushing from what she landed on.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Thor

Post by Thor »

scantrontb wrote:
zachariah wrote:They are down the rabbit hole. Now where did this land them? Given that there did not appear to be a normal interface into the library I suspect they did not have proper permission to use that entrance just then. This could be a holding area for unauthorized entrance. Either that or Minneapolis has a subway system they never told anyone about.
nah, it's probably an entrance designed for FLYING patrons... of which Atsali forgot about the amulet preventing her wings from deploying...
And Nadette obviously forgot that she can turn into a hat or a balloon animal, both of which have a much lower terminal velocity and hit the ground with much less force.

Speaking hitting the ground with force, (1) How the heck did they hit the ground at an oblique angle like that? Is Atsali's flight partially wings and partial magic thrust?, and (2) mythical being must be a heckuva lot more durable than normal humans, because a normal human Atsali's size who fell that far and that fast with another normal human Nadette's size falling on top of her would be pavement pizza, and would not be sitting up bemoaning her battered bosom.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Thor wrote:mythical being must be a heckuva lot more durable than normal humans, because a normal human Atsali's size who fell that far and that fast with another normal human Nadette's size falling on top of her would be pavement pizza, and would not be sitting up bemoaning her battered bosom.
Consider the way Katherine and Atsali fall (and what they bounce off) in this page (same one i linked earlier) - and Katherine, a non-paranormal - was up and running around almost immediately.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Oops, wrong door!

They are probably in a sub-basement of the abandoned and gutted building next to The Library portal.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

For one moment, Nadette did not hear a thing, and her ears were warm.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

kingklash wrote:For one moment, Nadette did not hear a thing, and her ears were warm.
Now her face is warm and her brain can't function :lol:
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

And her eyes are trying to do a reverse cross. I guess trying to track two things at once?
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote:...
How long will they stay,
in an innocent way,
before engaging in underage [BLEEP!]

... deposits bagels and lox with cream cheese in confusion corner with sliced summer sausage and swartzenbrot...
You have a truly wonderful talent there, Sgt. Howard... and at this rate you're likely to be catering Confusion Corner with steak, caviar, and other top-of-the-menu items before long!