Hold on 2015-01-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Grantwhy

Re: Hold on 2015-01-12

Post by Grantwhy »

Sgt. Howard wrote:So this leaves all us readers perplexed,
with one sore and the other one vexed,
How long will they stay,
in an innocent way,
before engaging in underage [BLEEP!]
Random thought: in combination of the above with the ebay picture of Atsali with a hat, something occurred to me.

The bear girls are *very* good shape shifters. We have seen Nadette transform into a balloon animal and we have been told she once transformed as into a hat and was worn by Berdine into a movie theatre. (I think, relying on memory here)

Atsali has, in her past adventures, managed to cause quite a bit of damage to her clothing via transformations (and misadventure). Never to the point of uselessness or destruction, but she has had a growth spurt since then.

I doubt we would ever see it in comic, but, in theory, in the upcoming adventure - should Atsali managed to destroy (or lose) some (or all) of her clothing :shock: ..... could Nadette transform herself into some form of clothing to protect Atsali's modesty?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

zachariah wrote:Those who mentioned the amulet preventing her wings from working all get cookies, big cookies!
Cookies!!! Om-Nom-Nom-Nom-nom :mrgreen:
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Thor wrote:And Nadette obviously forgot that she can turn into a hat or a balloon animal, both of which have a much lower terminal velocity and hit the ground with much less force.
She forgot, or is the space they just entered preventing her from transforming? A hunch tells me that Atsali's talisman has nothing to do with her sudden inability to fly.
Grantwhy wrote:I doubt we would ever see it in comic, but, in theory, in the upcoming adventure - should Atsali managed to destroy (or lose) some (or all) of her clothing :shock: ..... could Nadette transform herself into some form of clothing to protect Atsali's modesty?
I'm sure she could, but the thought of actually doing so would probably mortify the both of them. For different reasons, of course.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
illiad

Post by illiad »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Thor wrote:mythical being must be a heckuva lot more durable than normal humans, because a normal human Atsali's size who fell that far and that fast with another normal human Nadette's size falling on top of her would be pavement pizza, and would not be sitting up bemoaning her battered bosom.
Consider the way Katherine and Atsali fall (and what they bounce off) in this page (same one i linked earlier) - and Katherine, a non-paranormal - was up and running around almost immediately.
meh, toon physics..... If you are addicted, stay away! :D :D http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ToonPhysics

Grantwhy: masked hint.. 34th rule.. :P
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

jwhouk wrote:"Ohmigod, Nadette, your nose is bleeding!" :lol:
Which is the more preferable of the two possible reactions in situations like this... I would rather have a http://i.imgur.com/m7O2y.jpg

Than http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... erfallPuke

LOL... I've seen DNA2... Junta is hilarious!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Atsali! Such language!
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Thor wrote:mythical being must be a heckuva lot more durable than normal humans, because a normal human Atsali's size who fell that far and that fast with another normal human Nadette's size falling on top of her would be pavement pizza, and would not be sitting up bemoaning her battered bosom.
Consider the way Katherine and Atsali fall (and what they bounce off) in this page (same one i linked earlier) - and Katherine, a non-paranormal - was up and running around almost immediately.
Kath is a fusion of multiple humans. Are you sure she doesn't count as a paranormal?
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Gyrrakavian wrote: Kath is a fusion of multiple humans. Are you sure she doesn't count as a paranormal?
Only the souls/minds of 6 babies were combined into a single body. So the body is merely human. It is what makes Kathy who she is that is unique. She has also not displayed any real paranormal abilities other than an apparent ability to heal quickly. That to is questionable as it could be due to Paul drawing her without damage to in a hurry to reduce workload on following strips.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Grantwhy wrote:I doubt we would ever see it in comic, but, in theory, in the upcoming adventure - should Atsali managed to destroy (or lose) some (or all) of her clothing :shock: ..... could Nadette transform herself into some form of clothing to protect Atsali's modesty?
I'm sure she could do this... at the very least. Her balloon-animal trick shows that she has the "variable size and mass" trick down perfectly. She could probably become as small as a single sock, or as large as a house.

If a suddenly-naked Atsali needs a robe, Nadette would probably love to play the role of Poncho Villa.

(Places a folded bright-orange aluminized mylar Space Blanket into the Pun Jar)[
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AmriloJim wrote:Atsali! Such language!
Well, she certainly is being consistent in her relationship with uncouth language... 8-)
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

why couldnt she deploy her wings?

did the talisman block her ability to manually go siren, and oh naddete you got to unintentionally get stuck between her boobs, no wonder she's dizzy
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The talisman has as its main function to keep her from transforming out of her human form. Thus, wings can't be deployed.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Ah, but is the talisman stopping all transformations, or only involuntary ones? Is it the talisman stopping her from spreading her wings, or some other factor?
AmriloJim

Post by AmriloJim »

lake_wrangler wrote:Ah, but is the talisman stopping all transformations, or only involuntary ones? Is it the talisman stopping her from spreading her wings, or some other factor?
The talisman functions like a firearm safety. Pull the trigger, the weapon does not fire until the safety is disengaged.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Two things- first, when you are faced with the unexpected (like falling into a hole) you might forget certain details... like the fact that you are wearing something that prevents you from shape-shifting. Any number of cops will tell you how they forgot their safety at a critical moment... their survival due to the fact that their assailant was equally rattled. Second- Should Nadette attempt to turn into Atsali's wardrobe, that level of physical contact will (at the very least) render Atsali clothed in fur, eventually wrapped with a VERY distracted bear. The very thought will fuzz her ears.
Last edited by Sgt. Howard on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
sheik

Post by sheik »

I was thinking the talisman might have a field effect.
With Nadette so close physically she might have been under its influence as well, so neither of them could transform.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

sheik wrote:I was thinking the talisman might have a field effect.
With Nadette so close physically she might have been under its influence as well, so neither of them could transform.
THAT would make her stay human- hardly suitable for wardrobe... OH! As in unable to turn into something soft to land on... OK, that makes sense
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

shadowinthelight wrote:Heh, derp eyes from the impact but blushing from what she landed on.
oldmanmickey wrote:And her eyes are trying to do a reverse cross. I guess trying to track two things at once?
I think the term is walleyed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strabismus :ugeek: That's right, I AM the Uber Geek.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
captnq

Post by captnq »

1) Talisman stops all transform. Obviously.
2) I bet they are in the Boiler Room!

Dun Dun DUUNNNNNnnnn...
AmriloJim

Post by AmriloJim »

sheik wrote:I was thinking the talisman might have a field effect.
We've already seen that the talisman has no effect on Nadette even when they're in physical contact.