Happy New Year 2014-12-31

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

THA looks like an idea for the chorus line I had envisioned... notice Nadette trying to cop a feel?
Last edited by Sgt. Howard on Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
lake_wrangler

Re: 2014 12 31

Post by lake_wrangler »

You will need to modify your thread title, to fit the approved format...

Oh, and... http://wapsisquare.com/comic/happy-new-year-2/

One more thing: what are you still doing up??? Not that I have anything to say on the matter... I was supposed to go to bed a while ago... And you beat me by mere seconds, as both our threads had 1:46 (eastern) as timestamp...
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

I titled this wrong, didn't I?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Sgt. Howard wrote:I titled this wrong, didn't I?
Yep. According to the rules: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
So it becomes
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

lake_wrangler wrote:You will need to modify your thread title, to fit the approved format...

Oh, and... http://wapsisquare.com/comic/happy-new-year-2/

One more thing: what are you still doing up??? Not that I have anything to say on the matter... I was supposed to go to bed a while ago... And you beat me by mere seconds, as both our threads had 1:46 (eastern) as timestamp...

Thank you- and yea, it is late. Having a hard time unwinding... three total hips, one total reverse shoulder and an emergency ruptured pediatric appendix. I will be SOOO happy when I can retire...
Last edited by Sgt. Howard on Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Incidentally, I don't think Nadette is trying to cop a feel...

And, I am absolutely amazed at the gravity-defying properties of Atsali's hair! :mrgreen:
Opus the Poet

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014-12-31

Post by Opus the Poet »

I don't think she's trying to cop a feel, just grab a hug.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
TazManiac

re: Happy New Year 2014 12 31

Post by TazManiac »

pre-PS edit;
lake_wrangler wrote:...And you beat me by mere seconds, as both our threads had 1:46 (eastern) as timestamp...

My initial, now deleted post was also timestamped at 46 after the hour.

(always expect.... Ninjas.) OK, cut/paste mode-

hmmmm, cliff hang much?
or
the pinup that spells ' Ssssammitch'.
---------------------------------
PS- Funny how the Forum acts when everybody (well the first three of us) who were Hell Bent for Leather getting those whacks at being first post of the new pic. Cwazy.

Also, having gone back and looked at the end of year posting and I'm thinking a couple of things;

- Atsali's hair seems to be upward due to a recent head-flip.

- Berndene (sp?) hah! Berdine (thx Jay's Omnibus!), anyway, Initially I mixed up her's and Atsali's left legs, but a re-look pointed out it was not the case, having different colored shoes helped out my spacial dyslexia.

- Nadette's hem line is, er, Stylish. I wonder (shape-shifter ability notwithstanding) whether she manually 'adjusted' it after leaving the house. (And Momma Bear's watchful scrutiny...)

- Katherine Quote: "It's the middle of the week, be home by Ten..." (yeah, there's a better joke in there somewhere, but I leave it to the gentle reader to run w/ the ball.)
Last edited by TazManiac on Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I don't know if it makes a difference to other people, but you will notice that in the other threads, the titles don't use ALLCAPS, but Initial Caps Only... 8-)
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Thats ok Sarge, you can stay up late as you want. However unless that sassy redhead is reading over your shoulder this bunch is the last folks i would be hanging out with at this time in the morning.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

lake_wrangler wrote:Incidentally, I don't think Nadette is trying to cop a feel...

And, I am absolutely amazed at the gravity-defying properties of Atsali's hair! :mrgreen:

Hair...? Oh, yea, hair... I was looking at something else that defied gravity...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

oldmanmickey wrote:Thats ok Sarge, you can stay up late as you want. However unless that sassy redhead is reading over your shoulder this bunch is the last folks i would be hanging out with at this time in the morning.

She is ... um... "recuperating"...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Thor

Re: Happy New Year 2014-12-31

Post by Thor »

If anything, Nadette is probably trying to resist the urge to cop a feel. From everything we've seen, she's constantly fighting the temptation of throwing herself all over Atsali, and she manages to stay good, except of course for that one time.

It's hard to stay a good friend when you really want to be a bed friend too.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

is it just me, or does Atsali's skin color look weird? to me it looks like plaster-of-Paris hit by the freckle fairy...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Thor wrote:If anything, Nadette is probably trying to resist the urge to cop a feel. From everything we've seen, she's constantly fighting the temptation of throwing herself all over Atsali, and she manages to stay good, except of course for that one time.

It's hard to stay a good friend when you really want to be a bed friend too.
i would give 3 to 1 odds of the shower becoming a sauna 30 seconds in.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

scantrontb wrote:is it just me, or does Atsali's skin color look weird? to me it looks like plaster-of-Paris hit by the freckle fairy...
Yeah, I noticed something like that upon first viewing but I later chalked it up to 'Party Light', and the artist's desire to draw contrast between the naturally pale Atsali and the Sisters du Morph'e...
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

TazManiac wrote:
scantrontb wrote:is it just me, or does Atsali's skin color look weird? to me it looks like plaster-of-Paris hit by the freckle fairy...
Yeah, I noticed something like that upon first viewing but I later chalked it up to 'Party Light', and the artist's desire to draw contrast between the naturally pale Atsali and the Sisters du Morph'e...
Prolly an avian heritage thing, off-white color plumage blends better with sky background for camouflage. Or party lighting.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

and because I'm to lazy to make a new thread, and this one is so very conveniently name, AND where I live it is now 12.17AM .....

• HAPPY NEW YEAR!

:mrgreen:
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Grantwhy wrote:and because I'm to lazy to make a new thread, and this one is so very conveniently name, AND where I live it is now 12.17AM .....

• HAPPY NEW YEAR!

????

It's still the 31st here for the next 15.5 hours. Whereabouts are you?
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
dadman

Post by dadman »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
Grantwhy wrote:and because I'm to lazy to make a new thread, and this one is so very conveniently name, AND where I live it is now 12.17AM .....

• HAPPY NEW YEAR!

????

It's still the 31st here for the next 15.5 hours. Whereabouts are you?
I'm guessing Guam, put I'll hedge my bets by saying the western Pacific. ;)

As my daughter used to say before she went off to preschool (and later, to college and into pharmaceutical manufacturing), Happy New You, everybody. And to Paul, all the best in 2015.
Yo soy un papa.