Horns Are Showing 2014-12-29

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
kingklash

Re: Horns Are Showing 2014-12-29

Post by kingklash »

Wait until he sees Castela's thorns.
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

Gyrrakavian wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a Kachina mask with horns?
Mor than one, in fact.
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Ummm, Atsali, sweetie?

You might wanna reconsider the way you've reacted in surprise there, given that your hips and chest appear to have stayed more-or-less in the same place, but your shoulders have retreated...

That pose is NOT gonna help him to reduce his horn boner...
I, ah, think you have that backwards. His "chick magnets" seem to be pulling her excitable part to them. Set hormones to stun.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
Thor wrote:
kingklash wrote:ASAP, go find you a Native American family, and ask them for a fry bread recipe. One of the best things to go with some stew on a cold Winter's day, a hot piece of fry bread.
Fry bread is one of the few things you can eat that makes doughnuts look like health food in comparison. Like most comfort food, it's horribly bad for you. :cry:
Yeah, but unlike some comfort foods (chittlins), it actually tastes good.

If you want to try some that's a bit healthier, halibut tongue dipped in pancake batter and fried. Yes it sounds weird, but it DOES taste good. It's a thing in Norway. Though, oddly enough, I was introduced to it by some Korean neighbors.
Hey chittlins are good, either fried or boiled. If you want to eat your fill while they are cooking just toss a handful of shelled corn in with them, no one else will touch them at all, in fact the table will clear.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Olmanmickey wrote:
Hey chittlins are good, either fried or boiled. If you want to eat your fill while they are cooking just toss a handful of shelled corn in with them, no one else will touch them at all, in fact the table will clear.[/quote]

Jus' a guess here, but Ah reckons yew hain't no flatlander...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Olmanmickey wrote:
Hey chittlins are good, either fried or boiled. If you want to eat your fill while they are cooking just toss a handful of shelled corn in with them, no one else will touch them at all, in fact the table will clear.

Jus' a guess here, but Ah reckons yew hain't no flatlander...[/quote]
naw sir, i live so far back in the sticks we pipe in sunshine and make moonshine.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

oldmanmickey wrote:
Gyrrakavian wrote:
Thor wrote: Fry bread is one of the few things you can eat that makes doughnuts look like health food in comparison. Like most comfort food, it's horribly bad for you. :cry:
Yeah, but unlike some comfort foods (chittlins), it actually tastes good.

If you want to try some that's a bit healthier, halibut tongue dipped in pancake batter and fried. Yes it sounds weird, but it DOES taste good. It's a thing in Norway. Though, oddly enough, I was introduced to it by some Korean neighbors.
To each their own. Though, posting this when I first woke up was a mistake, as I mixed up chitlins (still don't care for them) with collared greens (instant gag reflex). I have a really strong aversion to anything that tastes bitter.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Amethyst Shadow wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:He does give horny a whole new meaning and look doesn't he. I am thinking demon or satyr.
Satyr most likely.

And if that's the case, a Siren and a Satyr... good luck keeping those two from tearing each other apart if they do start dating. Heck, it will take some serious work just to keep them from jumping each other when they are in each other's presence.

Only way it would be worse is if he were an incubus

Edit: Also, judging by her reaction, I'm not sure Atsali was aware he was a paranormal. Either that or something about his horns being out is seriously affecting her beyond just normal "cute guy I am interested in is talking to/has his attention on me" nervousness.
Faun is more likely. Satyrs were half horse. Pan and fauns are 1/2 goat.

Also, there are no female satyrs. Though, sadly it looks like Paul got satyrs and fauns mixed up.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Gyrrakavian wrote:Also, there are no female satyrs. Though, sadly it looks like Paul got satyrs and fauns mixed up.
This is the Wapsiverse. The unexpected is the norm!

"Hi Norm!"
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Gyrrakavian wrote:Faun is more likely. Satyrs were half horse. Pan and fauns are 1/2 goat.

Also, there are no female satyrs. Though, sadly it looks like Paul got satyrs and fauns mixed up.
No, CENTAURS are half-horse creatures...

Meanwhile:
Faun
Wikipedia wrote:The faun is a half human–half goat (from the head to the waist being human, but with the addition of goat horns) manifestation of forest and animal spirits that would help or hinder humans at whim.
Satyr
Wikipedia wrote:In Greek mythology, a satyr (UK /ˈsætə/, US /ˈseɪtər/;[1] Greek: σάτυρος satyros,[2] pronounced [sátyros]) is one of a troop of ithyphallic male companions of Dionysus with horse-like (equine) features, including a horse-tail, horse-like ears, and sometimes a horse-like phallus. Early artistic representations sometimes include horse-like legs, but in 6th-century BC black-figure pottery human legs are the most common.[3] In Roman Mythology there is a concept similar to satyrs with goat-like features, the faun being half-man, half-goat. Greek-speaking Romans often used the Greek term saturos when referring to the Latin faunus, and eventually syncretized the two. The female "Satyresses" were a late invention of poets — that roamed the woods and mountains.[4] In myths they are often associated with pipe-playing.
(Emphasis mine...
illiad

Post by illiad »

no female satyrs? huh a bit like saying there are no female goats.... :/
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Atomic wrote: This is the Wapsiverse. The unexpected is the norm!

"NOOOORRRM!"
"What's the story, Norm?"
"Thirsty guy walks into a bar...you finish it."
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Insider joke of the day:

According to the information that we've been given about this shop (it's in uptown Minneapolis, near the Lund's Market), it's likely that Randi and Jacob are running the Caribou Coffee, located inside (but with a separate entrance) the supermarket.

Think about that. Satyrs running a coffee named for a caribou.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

jwhouk wrote:Insider joke of the day:

According to the information that we've been given about this shop (it's in uptown Minneapolis, near the Lund's Market), it's likely that Randi and Jacob are running the Caribou Coffee, located inside (but with a separate entrance) the supermarket.

Think about that. Satyrs running a coffee named for a caribou.
I am ignorant here- would there be bad blood between the two species? Or simply the idea that you have hooved critters running a place named for hooved critters?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

I'm disappointed that they would be running a franchise... Wiki claims Caribou, based in Minneapolis, is the second-largest coffee/espresso retailer in the US (after SBUX, natch) with 415 stores in 16 states. I'd expect them to be in a less-mundane setting.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

AmriloJim wrote:I'm disappointed that they would be running a franchise... Wiki claims Caribou, based in Minneapolis, is the second-largest coffee/espresso retailer in the US (after SBUX, natch) with 415 stores in 16 states. I'd expect them to be in a less-mundane setting.
Well, two ways of looking at that spring immediately to mind.

1) some paranormals can mix (and blend in) so well with humans that they can be all but indistinguishable.
or
2) in the Wapsiverse, who do you think owns the Caribou company? (or to put it another way, do the MIB get discounts/free coffee at *any* Caribou outlet? :?: )
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Grantwhy wrote: 2) in the Wapsiverse, who do you think owns the Caribou company? (or to put it another way, do the MIB get discounts/free coffee at *any* Caribou outlet? :?: )
Well, it's obvious what the owners are: wapitimorphs.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

jwhouk wrote:
Grantwhy wrote: 2) in the Wapsiverse, who do you think owns the Caribou company? (or to put it another way, do the MIB get discounts/free coffee at *any* Caribou outlet? :?: )
No, Pun Jar, just because "wap" is the first syllable of both "wapsi" and "wapiti", that doesn't mean that's an intended pun.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

AmriloJim wrote:
jwhouk wrote:
No, Pun Jar, just because "wap" is the first syllable of both "wapsi" and "wapiti", that doesn't mean that's an intended pun.
Pun jar laughs in your face.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

This is a Two Picture Deal, scroll down...

Bonus Link:
http://image.cdn.ispot.tv/ad/7_4y/honda ... arge-4.jpg