Try that out 2014-12-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Re: Try that out 2014-12-15

Post by jwhouk »

AFPF: It's a bit sad what's happened to Evil Diva (the web comic) as of late. Author can't find an artist. That's one reason why collaborative web comics are so tricky to keep going.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
starkruzr

Post by starkruzr »

The USS Fanservice is under full steam and proceeding due south at maximum speed.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Wouldn't that be West, from whence Nadette and her (slightly older) sister Berdine are from?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

jayessell wrote: I suppose she has a right to bear ears.
Actually it is the right to arm bears.

Drop a smokie hat in the jar.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Out of curiosity, does this mean the rating for the comic is going up? What was it earlier, PG? PG-13? Moving to R?
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I have to admit, I'm a little surprised at this turn of events: both for the apparent lack of restraint Berdine is showing (is it a remnant of the siren's song effect from much earlier?), and for Atsali hugging back (I'm not really surprised at her apparent arousal, though, as it probably has much to do with autonomic nervous response...)
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

starkruzr wrote:The USS Fanservice is under full steam and proceeding due south at maximum speed.
I wonder if they'll have a shellback ceremony when they cross the equator?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

jayessell wrote: I suppose she has a right to bear ears.
And to show them off, uncovered.

And even to bear arms.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

lake_wrangler wrote:I have to admit, I'm a little surprised at this turn of events: both for the apparent lack of restraint Berdine is showing (is it a remnant of the siren's song effect from much earlier?), and for Atsali hugging back (I'm not really surprised at her apparent arousal, though, as it probably has much to do with autonomic nervous response...)
Berdine was indeed affected by Atsali's siren song... but this is Nadette... who doesn't need Atsali to sing her siren song because she already has feelings for Atsali... and might not be affected by siren song due to being a seer anyway.

And what of the fair Atsali? Note she doesn't say "I" need to make my way to the shower... While still holding Nadette she says "WE need to make our way to the shower..." Yeah... that'll put a "damp"er on things... really damp.

Tosses a squirt gun in the pun jar...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:I have to admit, I'm a little surprised at this turn of events: both for the apparent lack of restraint Berdine is showing (is it a remnant of the siren's song effect from much earlier?), and for Atsali hugging back (I'm not really surprised at her apparent arousal, though, as it probably has much to do with autonomic nervous response...)
That's Nadette, not Berdine. You can distinguish the two by their chosen hairstyles... Nadette's human form has shorter hair, worn more upwards, while Berdine wears hair down towards her shoulders.

If you review from here it's clear that it was Nadette who was recommending that Atsali acquire a form-stabilizing talisman.

Nadette wasn't affected by the siren's song... because she already has feelings for Atsali. It's a good question as to how much of this little "experiment" she meant as a legitimate, disinterested test of the talisman against Atsali's attraction towards Jacob, and how much she meant it as a direct expression of her own desires.

Possibly, even she wouldn't know the answer to that... if ursamorphs are as emotionally complex as humans, then the boundary between friendship and desire isn't a simple black-and-white border.

As to Atsali's reaction... well, it wouldn't have been a good test if she didn't get aroused... and the siren's-song incident shows that she doesn't flinch from a clinch when women are involved.
eee

Post by eee »

Ear boner, to go with 'Sali's earlier wing boner.

If this trend of the paranormals in the cast showing excitement by the appearance of normally non-existent body parts or the transformation of existing ones, I shudder to consider what's going to happen when Cricket finds a boy she likes.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

DilyV wrote:
Berdine was indeed affected by Atsali's siren song... but this is Nadette... who doesn't need Atsali to sing her siren song because she already has feelings for Atsali... and might not be affected by siren song due to being a seer anyway. .
Dave wrote:That's Nadette, not Berdine. You can distinguish the two by their chosen hairstyles... Nadette's human form has shorter hair, worn more upwards, while Berdine wears hair down towards her shoulders.

If you review from here it's clear that it was Nadette who was recommending that Atsali acquire a form-stabilizing talisman.

Nadette wasn't affected by the siren's song... because she already has feelings for Atsali.
I know, I know... I even said so on the first page of this thread:
lake_wrangler wrote:
TazManiac wrote:btw- This is the Shazowie entry.

Somebody help me determine which Bear Twin that is...
The seer, who has a crush on Atsali. Nadette?
Of course, I could simply have done the research* and confirmed that Berdine was sung to, and Nadette was immune, because of prior feelings towards Atsali.

* WARNING: TV Tropes will ruin your life!
illiad

Post by illiad »

jwhouk wrote:Wouldn't that be West, from whence Nadette and her (slightly older) sister Berdine are from?
I do believe he meant 'south' as in down the body , or towards the gutter..
lake_wrangler wrote:Out of curiosity, does this mean the rating for the comic is going up? What was it earlier, PG? PG-13? Moving to R?
yeah I just noticed the titlebar had changed... I guess he is just being careful, but there seems to be no **webcomic** scheme, just going by the movie rating scheme...

I see a lot words about many things, but no 'standard' as there is for movies...
Last edited by illiad on Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Post by Dave »

eee wrote:Ear boner, to go with 'Sali's earlier wing boner.
So, ursamorphs are related to Ferengi? Who could have guessed?
If this trend of the paranormals in the cast showing excitement by the appearance of normally non-existent body parts or the transformation of existing ones, I shudder to consider what's going to happen when Cricket finds a boy she likes.
One hopes that Cricket doesn't share attributes with Mormon crickets or praying mantises. Cannibalism tends to cut down pretty severely on the chance for a second date. :(
AnotherFairportfan

Nah. Cricket won't manifest any new body parts, she'll just stridulate.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Leak

Post by Leak »

Not that I mind what's going on, but I'm still left kinda wondering where the talisman went after the first panel... Victoria's Secret Compartment? Hammerspace?
AnotherFairportfan

Leak wrote:Not that I mind what's going on, but I'm still left kinda wondering where the talisman went after the first panel... Victoria's Secret Compartment? Hammerspace?
Merged with her skin?
AnotherFairportfan

Cold water? Is she going to change into a boy with a correspondingly large ... uhhh ...never mind.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Humm, one bare bear, one siren both with overheated bodies going into a shower. Sauna anyone? This would not be the time for Cricket to pop in and wanna know "whatchadoing?"
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

oldmanmickey wrote:Humm, one bare bear, one siren both with overheated bodies going into a shower. Sauna anyone? This would not be the time for Cricket to pop in and wanna know "whatchadoing?"
Cricket would know, I think.

Castela, on the other hand...