So Much Better 2014-12-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
illiad

Re: So Much Better 2014-12-12

Post by illiad »

Gavote wrote:Off topic a bit, but have we considered leading with the date in the title? This would make finding the current strip faster.
:? :? erm correct me if wrong, but the 'current strip' is the one you get by clicking the 'home' at the top of the webpage, isn't it???

If what you mean is you want to get to the **newest** page only a second after it is available.... you will have to ask 'Lake_wrangler' or 'Opus the poet' how they do it.... :P 8-)

Old discussion about it here.. and here...

some dont have 'patience' in thar dictionary... LOL LOL : )
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Actually, I think that what was meant was the discussion thread about the current strip. But I don't think it really matters so long as the date is either consistently at the front or consistently at the end. And, preferably, format.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

If you know the date, by having the format be what Pablo suggests makes it easy to find the discussion thread for a particular strip.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
illiad

Post by illiad »

If you havent yet got firefox, it would improve things with just the speeddial addon - All your webpages visible at once--
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

illiad wrote:
Gavote wrote:Off topic a bit, but have we considered leading with the date in the title? This would make finding the current strip faster.
:? :? erm correct me if wrong, but the 'current strip' is the one you get by clicking the 'home' at the top of the webpage, isn't it???

If what you mean is you want to get to the **newest** page only a second after it is available.... you will have to ask 'Lake_wrangler' or 'Opus the poet' how they do it.... :P 8-)

Old discussion about it here.. and here...

some dont have 'patience' in thar dictionary... LOL LOL : )
To get the latest page, not long after it has been uploaded, I merely click on "Home" at the top left on the comic site. If it's still the same page as the previous day, I will refresh once in a while, until I get the latest, greatest. Once I have that day's new page, I scroll down to the title below the comic, which also happens to be the direct link to that page, link which will not change once the comic gets drowned in the archives. That's how I get the link to post at the start of a thread, via the title's link, below the new current comic.

And as far as putting the date first in the thread title, it wouldn't make much of a difference, since they will lose their order, as whatever thread has the latest comment posted will appear at the top anyway. Personally, I think the comic title is more important, as being more recognizable (particularly since that is what will be part of the comic's URL), so it is just fine showing up before the date in the thread's title.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Please to remember, ladies and gentlemen, that we do not start the new thread until it's posted on the website.

Hee hee, bear ears.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Completely bare ears...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

jwhouk wrote:Please to remember, ladies and gentlemen, that we do not start the new thread until it's posted on the website.
Hee hee, bear ears.
Jabberwonky wrote:Completely bare ears...
Now that the comic's been posted on the website, I see what you mean...