Bia did this 2014-12-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Bia did this 2014-12-10

Post by lake_wrangler »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/bia-did-this/

Looks like Shelly might still have some "mommy issues"...

Interesting to see the deductive reasoning and applied methodology to Tina's case.
Pardona

Re: Bia did this 2014-12-10

Post by Pardona »

"... made me able to dream and see the radiation from stars"

Something about that sentence fragment an sich almost seems lyrical.
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:Looks like Shelly might still have some "mommy issues"...

Interesting to see the deductive reasoning and applied methodology to Tina's case.
Yah. And, I suspect a quick VORP back to the library, to ask Young Mommy Dearest "Just what did you do to her?!?" is in the offing.

It does sorta look as if a transition to a more human Tina 3.0 may be underway. And, as with most upgrades, there could well be some glitches, compatibility issues, and the occasional Blue Screen of Gesundheit along the way.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote: And, as with most upgrades, there could well be some glitches, compatibility issues, and the occasional Blue Screen of Gesundheit along the way.
Is that the word of the day for today? :mrgreen:
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Bia is trying to right wrongs she did i believe. The holidays must be a real pain for Shelly and mama.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

A Comanche finds something to sink her teeth into! Maybe she can exert some self-control, and ask Mom about Tina and her viral situation.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

It may or may not be worth noting: Tina was having some bodily issues even before Bia's...influence.
Dave wrote:It does sorta look as if a transition to a more human Tina 3.0 may be underway. And, as with most upgrades, there could well be some glitches, compatibility issues, and the occasional Blue Screen of Gesundheit along the way.
[place obligatory computer virus joke here]
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Bia may be innocent. Just because she was there when Tina started to dream does not mean that she caused it. It may just be her personal evolution doing this. Phix mentioned something about this in an offhand way some time back when she mentioned that she loves what Tina is becoming.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Bia is working on making amends as only she can. She can't change the past, and she can't change the world, but she can affect the things she touches. And gently, at that!

So we all should grow.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Mark N wrote:Bia may be innocent. Just because she was there when Tina started to dream does not mean that she caused it. It may just be her personal evolution doing this. Phix mentioned something about this in an offhand way some time back when she mentioned that she loves what Tina is becoming.
I've been thinking that. If she did do anything it was probably only nudge whatever process that was already underway.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I remember the "see radiation from the stars" remark but cant remember when... or who said it... was it Bud?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:I've been thinking that. If she did do anything it was probably only nudge whatever process that was already underway.
Granted that Nudge and Tina have had some issues in the past... but do you really think the trickster is behind what's happening to Tina?
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

DilyV wrote:I remember the "see radiation from the stars" remark but cant remember when... or who said it... was it Bud?
No - it was Tina, referring to what we non-demons amusingly call "light".
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Shelly is on to something here... I can't help but to wonder what we're going to see when Tina stands up...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
DilyV wrote:I remember the "see radiation from the stars" remark but cant remember when... or who said it... was it Bud?
No - it was Tina, referring to what we non-demons amusingly call "light".
Indeed...
illiad

Post by illiad »

so yes, tina is becoming human?????? or will she just wake up, just like Dorothy.... :P

Yes, we humans can only see a very limited part of a massive range of radiation emitted, and only
a very few(psychics, mediums..) can perceive what demons see (NOT from the stars ) ... aura, dead people, etc, etc...

If you walk into a dark room, you would say 'I cannot see' until your eyes get enough input...
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

It's the holidays. Time to suffer the sneezes, look in on old friends, and battle with family.

Traditions also include the Left Glove of Justice, which is donned ceremoniously as one yells about one's mother.

---

Seriously, though. We're starting to see more of the Titan inch through here with Shelly. She still has a denial and self-acceptance curve of her own to get through, and I wonder if learning all the secrets of the Tina Project won't help with that.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Pardona wrote:"... made me able to dream and see the radiation from stars"

Something about that sentence fragment an sich almost seems lyrical.
Yes, something almost elemental...

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/she-followed-you/
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I am not sure Tina is becoming human but she is becoming mortal. Even more mortal than she was originally. The quick healing appears to have worn off, or this is not a normal flu.

Another point is Tina is not just a collection of demons. The black winged angel is in there as well. Where she came from I don't know but she is in there. Notice that when Bia helped Tina change it was to the angel she talked with and acted upon. So where this ends up is anyone's guess.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

GlytchMeister wrote:...During the sequence detailing her sleep/awakening routine, her eyes are just empty, black sockets before she intentionally fills them in.
(Odd possible memory? I think a spider once crawled in and was incinerated. I can't do an archive trawl to confirm this, I've got finals coming up.)
Here, they are... Inverted? Y'know, white pupils/irises and black scleræ. I think that's a new thing.
Well, now the pupils/irises are gone. The eyes are completely black now.
:idea: Or are they red? We're dealing with black and white imagery, but usually blood red is converted to black or very dark grey, I think. Maybe some capillaries burst in her eyes? I don't think that's a good sign...
Yeah, that's where this engineering student's medical knowledge stops. I have no idea what a Subconjunctival Hemorrhage could be a symptom of. I think Ebola, but I doubt Paul's going to chase an old headline like that.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!