Bia did this 2014-12-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
eee

Re: Bia did this 2014-12-10

Post by eee »

Shelly, don't tell somebody sick with a major case of the flu to stand up. They may not be able to. Or, if it's attacking the bowels, sudden motion might have disastrous consequences. :shock:

And if it's time to beat on Bia some more, send Connie to do it. She's had practice. :lol:
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

knew that dream was something more, she been reborn and now has all the weakness of humans, but i wonder can she still see auras and see other demons?
and also what happened to the demons did they all become her inner demons?
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Mark N wrote:Bia may be innocent. Just because she was there when Tina started to dream does not mean that she caused it. It may just be her personal evolution doing this. Phix mentioned something about this in an offhand way some time back when she mentioned that she loves what Tina is becoming.
"Bia may be innocent"...that one got me thinking, how in the heck can she be innocent of anything, given her nature. Then some research showed that even though she is the personification of force and raw energy, it does not imply malice when she acts. Like a volcano, she can destroy things without malice, and like an evil dictator with a WMD, she can destroy with malice. As the personification of force, it would be naturally hard for her to be gentle, or even subtle.

just my humble opinion, not necessarily doctrine
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

I still don't get this light thing. She must have an idea of what light is like since she knows she can't see it from stars. I guess that would include earth's nearest star, so daylight would be invisible to her before. Could she always see artificial light I wonder? I guess it may be she just used the same ability she had to see auras to see other things so she could function before. Now she can see light, but does she actually use that to see now? Does it overwhelm her other abilities so she has no choice but to use light now? And is Bia working with Phix on Project Tina? Maybe it was all Bia's doing in the first place.

What about Tina's original soul? How does she feel about all this. She was merged with demons much against her will. Is she still aware of herself in that fusion or is she just gone forever? Was Tina's soul vacated from her body just so Phix (or Bia) could run her little experiment or has she taken advantage of the situation to try something? It all seems unjust to Tina's original self/soul. Of course, if it was Bia's doing to begin with, she would not have had much concern for Tina, even though she is actually related to Bia.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

KnightDelight wrote:I still don't get this light thing. She must have an idea of what light is like since she knows she can't see it from stars. I guess that would include earth's nearest star, so daylight would be invisible to her before. Could she always see artificial light I wonder? I guess it may be she just used the same ability she had to see auras to see other things so she could function before. Now she can see light, but does she actually use that to see now? Does it overwhelm her other abilities so she has no choice but to use light now? And is Bia working with Phix on Project Tina? Maybe it was all Bia's doing in the first place.

What about Tina's original soul? How does she feel about all this. She was merged with demons much against her will. Is she still aware of herself in that fusion or is she just gone forever? Was Tina's soul vacated from her body just so Phix (or Bia) could run her little experiment or has she taken advantage of the situation to try something? It all seems unjust to Tina's original self/soul. Of course, if it was Bia's doing to begin with, she would not have had much concern for Tina, even though she is actually related to Bia.
Tina's description of her confusion was that she was seeing everything reversed (like a photo negative) So I am guessing that she normally sees the world like we see a photo negative, which would be normal for her. She can see the entire radiation spectrum from raw energy to heat to infra red through ultra violet and beyond, including all 11 dimensions. Therefore she can see what we call light, but so much more that it doesn't look anything like what we see. The new eyes must filter out the other radiation. Or so it would seem
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

I went back through the Tina chronology to try to get a grasp on what is happening to Tina and why. All i came up with is Phix's statement that Tina was evolving and it was only the second time in the history of ever that it was occurring; and Phix liked who/what Tina was becoming. I struggled with the whole 2nd time it has happened thing until I found this:
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/puts-up-with-you/
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Yamara wrote:
Pardona wrote:"... made me able to dream and see the radiation from stars"

Something about that sentence fragment an sich almost seems lyrical.
Yes, something almost elemental...

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/she-followed-you/
Ah, yes - leading a few pages later to "the pixie with the rack"... Possibly my favourite Conny line yet.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

meisdadoo wrote:I went back through the Tina chronology to try to get a grasp on what is happening to Tina and why. All i came up with is Phix's statement that Tina was evolving and it was only the second time in the history of ever that it was occurring; and Phix liked who/what Tina was becoming. I struggled with the whole 2nd time it has happened thing until I found this:
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/puts-up-with-you/
Ah, yes. The first (and best) Conny snark that i just referred to.

Of course, her bell in Mucho Mocha is her best moment yet...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
sheik

Post by sheik »

Mark N wrote:Bia may be innocent. Just because she was there when Tina started to dream does not mean that she caused it. It may just be her personal evolution doing this. Phix mentioned something about this in an offhand way some time back when she mentioned that she loves what Tina is becoming.
My best guess is that Bia, being the personification of Force, has simply accelerated Tina's evolution.
This may not be a good thing since Bia did the deed while sill a conniving adult.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

KnightDelight wrote:What about Tina's original soul? How does she feel about all this. She was merged with demons much against her will. Is she still aware of herself in that fusion or is she just gone forever?
Tina's soul was merged with Shelly's demons to make Connie. If my memory serves me correctly, some authority on the matter (Connie, Shelly, Tina, maybe Phix, or possibly Paul himself) stated that Connie has no memories of her constituents' existences, demons or souls. She's just Connie. There's nothing left of the parts, only the whole. And they are fused in such a way that when Shelly dies, Connie will die. I don't know for sure, but I think when Connie dies, all of the beings that were used to create her will cease to exist entirely.

Also, do we know if Tina1.0's soul didn't want to be merged? Maybe she really, really didn't want to die, so she took the only available option, not realizing her distinctiveness would be added to Connie's own.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

GlytchMeister wrote:Tina's soul was merged with Shelly's demons to make Connie. If my memory serves me correctly, some authority on the matter (Connie, Shelly, Tina, maybe Phix, or possibly Paul himself) stated that Connie has no memories of her constituents' existences, demons or souls. She's just Connie.
Connie said that, I believe... she told Shelly that she has no memories going back further than her creation, other than an understanding of "the rules". I believe Paul confirmed this in the forum a while ago.
GlytchMeister wrote:Also, do we know if Tina1.0's soul didn't want to be merged? Maybe she really, really didn't want to die, so she took the only available option, not realizing her distinctiveness would be added to Connie's own.
I don't think we know whether that's true or false.

Based on what Shelly and Connie and Nudge discussed, it appears that Tina's soul may have been doing the "usual thing" under the circumstances... going through the/a doorway to death. Shelly's demons were blocking this door (we still don't know who told 'em to do this) and this act of blocking somehow triggered the fusion of Shelly's demons and Tina's soul, creating Connie. Nothing I can recall has said anything about what Tina 1.0 (in totality, or just her soul) felt about this at the time.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Dave wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:Also, do we know if Tina1.0's soul didn't want to be merged? Maybe she really, really didn't want to die, so she took the only available option, not realizing her distinctiveness would be added to Connie's own.
I don't think we know whether that's true or false.

Based on what Shelly and Connie and Nudge discussed, it appears that Tina's soul may have been doing the "usual thing" under the circumstances... going through the/a doorway to death. Shelly's demons were blocking this door (we still don't know who told 'em to do this) and this act of blocking somehow triggered the fusion of Shelly's demons and Tina's soul, creating Connie. Nothing I can recall has said anything about what Tina 1.0 (in totality, or just her soul) felt about this at the time.
I still believe it was the massive effort required to hold Shelly's soul in check while in two places at once that weakened their structural integrity so to speak. When they tried to stop the second soul instead of being able to catch her safely everything went splat.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

DilyV wrote:I can't help but to wonder what we're going to see when Tina stands up...
Some amusing pyjamas and fluffy bunny slippers?
Sphinx-Napped wrote: and also what happened to the demons did they all become her inner demons?
I'm just waiting for her inner demons to get inner demons.
sheik wrote:My best guess is that Bia, being the personification of Force, has simply accelerated Tina's evolution.
In mythology at least, Bia wasn't the personification of force simply in the form of mass times acceleration; it was more "force" in the terms of "imposing one's will on someone or something". So if this is part of Bia's meddlings, this leaves us with an important question: whose will is being imposed?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Catawampus wrote: In mythology at least, Bia wasn't the personification of force simply in the form of mass times acceleration; it was more "force" in the terms of "imposing one's will on someone or something". So if this is part of Bia's meddlings, this leaves us with an important question: whose will is being imposed?
Her own, I suspect (and if she's reading that prophecy right).
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

MerchManDan wrote:It may or may not be worth noting: Tina was having some bodily issues even before Bia's...influence.
Dave wrote:It does sorta look as if a transition to a more human Tina 3.0 may be underway. And, as with most upgrades, there could well be some glitches, compatibility issues, and the occasional Blue Screen of Gesundheit along the way.
[place obligatory computer virus joke here]
Would a magic virus joke work out better?